Jogglers September 2016

Alisha ~ I hope you feel better soon. It takes a while to get over surgery. Rest and relax.

We are finally getting some rain. We had a bit last week but before that it had been about 40 days or so. It rained last night and is suppose to rain off and on until tomorrow afternoon. Yippee! On Saturday I harvested 80 lemons! We have harvested 351 lemons in all and still have some on the tree. I am freezing the juice in ice cubes trays and will transfer them to freezer bags for storage. We also picked a lot of oranges too but I did not count how many. I gave a big bag of each to my neighbor across the street and to a friend. I also sent some to my sister in Illinois. This is the biggest crop of lemons we have had since we got the tree. I pruned some of the branches as well so hopefully we'll start to see some blossoms. It is in the 70's here.

Yesterday I ran 11 miles so I'm ready for my 1/2 trail race on Saturday. I'm excited.

Hi ladies

As usual, I apologize for my absence.

Alisha - I'm glad you're feeling better!

Jane - It really is hard when you have a crappy job! I know your sister will find the right fit eventually. It is tough waiting though!

That's amazing that your friend had a broken arm through the whole race! Wow!

I ended up spending Thanksgiving with my boss and co-worker (who is also his wife) and their sons. Both of their sons have worked in the office and I've known them since moving here, so it wasn't awkward or uncomfortable. It was a really nice time and I was actually glad not to be alone. Christmas will be a different story I'm sure as that is a very family-oriented holiday.

Peanut and I are doing fine. I've actually started working out again, finally! We have our office Christmas party o Thursday. I got a 1920's flapper dress to wear to the party. It's red with black sequins and fringe. Very pretty!

My sister has already offered me a place to stay if I need it. I have to get the house sold! It's turning out to be extremely difficult. It needs so much work, no one wants to offer enough so I can get out from under without having to come to closing with too much money. I will leave it on the market after I leave if I have to. My end date FOR REAL will be no later than March 30th, but I'm hoping to be able to get out of here sooner. Not sure that will work out because Mom's estate won't finish paying out until March. Depends. If I can't sell the house, I'll use that money to move maybe in February and then when the estate pay's out, I'll use that money to come to closing and take my trip to Scotland.

Too much stuff to do and deal with, including filing for divorce now. Sigh. Yes, I talked to him again on Sunday night to make sure I understood him the first time. Yes, he doesn't want to stay married.
Love you two!

I'm so sorry about the divorce. I'm glad your sister can help.

It's just rotten of Stephen after you supported him through his degree!

Hi!

I'm sorry I have been MIA. Last week was crazy at work and then I went out of town to do a 1/2 marathon trail race. It was hard!!! Portions were smooth trails but other sections were very technical with LOTS of roots. I fell once and my sister fell twice but we did not have any injuries, no bumps or bruises. I actually did the same time as the last 1/2 trail I did in March. Weird! This race was very well run and organized.

Tricia ~ I'm sorry about the divorce and everything that you are going through. It's seems like so much at once but I'm hoping that once the smoke clears it will bring you to a happier place (both physically and mentally). Change is hard but sometimes it is for the best! I'm glad that your sister is willing to help if need be. I like Christmas but we don't celebrate it like we used to. We don't do presents or decorate. The only tradition I still have is making Christmas cookies. We get together on Christmas but I think it's more of a obligatory thing. We just eat and maybe play a card game but other than that, it's a non-event.

Alisha ~ We picked our final lemons and got over 400. I hope we'll get fruit next year. It's been warm and a bit more rainy so I'm hoping to see some blossoms show up soon. We didn't make lemon curd. We really just squeezed all the juice and froze them into cubes to use for mainly lemon water and other things. I hope your headache is better today. How are you feeling overall these days?

Last edited:
Jane-your race sounds like fun! What are your favorite lemon recipes?

I have been suffering from a mild flu, I had fever, chills, anxiety, stomach ache, headache. My brother and Dad have been sick too. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I won't be able to have a family of my own. I had been at peace with that before my surgery but it has hit me now. Ugh. At least I have my baby cousin to dote on. My Mom and Dad have been greatly supportive and kind. I know that intellectually There is more to life than that, but I hadn't really planned on it. I have to shift my thinking.

Tricia- I really like everything that Jane said, I am so sorry about your divorce. hugs.

Alisha ~ I hope you and your family are feeling better. I'm sorry about you not being able to have a family. It's ok to feel sad and grieve. I don't have any kids either and when I was younger I felt a bit like you are feeling but I don't feel that way now. Give yourself time to grieve a bit and them jump back into life. You know never what can help in the future. There are many different kinds of families these days. {{{hugs}}}

I had friend that loved lemons so I used to make these lemon bars for her all the time. I haven't made them in a while because my friend moved away.

I'm fine and looking forward to being off from work for 4 days. The last couple of weeks have been tiresome. I have been working out and will run 12 miles on Christmas Eve morning before heading to mom's house. I have a 25K trail race in a couple of weeks.

Tricia ~ I hope all is well with you.

Last edited:
Hi ladies!

Hope you two had a lovely Christmas!

Alisha - I'm sorry you've been so sick and got such news about not being able to have children. I never could either. Oddly, it was never anything that affected me too much emotionally. Guess somewhere deep down I knew I wasn't cut out to be a mother. {{{HUGS}}}

You know, us three could become roommates after we retire and take care of each other! I'm all for four-legged children, too!

Jane - I remember when you planted that lemon tree! 400 lemons is a lot! I don't know if I could come up with enough recipes to use that many lemons or find enough people to share them with!

Glad you and your sister came out of the trail race uninjured! Good luck in your 25K race!

Tricia I love four legged children! Thanks for the kind words. I'm feeling better than I had been. We could be roommates! Especially if I move back to Florida.

Happy New Year!

I'm sorry missed that last week or so. Life has been so busy but today has been a nice because I have done absolutely nothing except for a workout this morning. I've been reading and watching a little TV and even took a nap!

Yes, we can be roommates. Wouldn't that be fun!!!

I squeezed most of the lemons and froze it into ice cubes for lemon water. I also gave a lot away and sent some to my sister in Illinois.

Alisha ~ I hope your throat feels better.

I think we are all ready to kiss 2016 goodbye or kick it in the A$$. We are on to bigger and better things in 2017!!! I will be toasting you guys tonight with some Stella (beer). My sister and I are making baked macaroni and cheese. I love it but rarely have it. It will be a nice treat.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.