Jogglers September 2016

I had my MRI with an intravenous contrast. I'm in moderate pain, it's not super bad. The contrast is a little irritating to my system as I have to force fluids and urinate it out.

Alisha ~ {{{HUGS}}}! Ugh. I'm so sorry. Please keep us in the loop and let us know when your surgery is so we can send lots of healing energy and vibes. I'm already doing that now though too.

My mom is still living on her own so that is good right now. That may change but she can still do stuff around the house and is mainly independent. Driving is an issue as is walking but walking around her house is fine. My sister has been her chauffeur more or less and we all help her out when we need too.

I did another 5K race yesterday. It was so beautiful outside. Our first cool weather (56 degrees) in a long, long time. It felt so good! We ran on a paved trail along the Flint river with some dirt / grass trail mixed in.

Hi Tricia!

Jane thank you for the healing energy :) I'll take all that I can get. I'm bored out of my mind waiting for the consult with my surgeon on Thursday. I'm not in a lot of pain right now because it's the middle of the month. When my uterus walls up for my menstrual cycle, it presses on the tumor and everything is much worse. They think I have a dermoid teratoma. They also believe that it is benign. Except for the part where it lands on my bladder and crushes my uterus and makes me cry and want to kill myself. Hopefully, I will only lose one of my ovaries. But, that really depends on what the surgeon fines when she gets in there. I have tumors on both ovaries.

I had an appointment with my surgeon this afternoon. She thinks she can just take one ovary and that it is unlikely to be cancer. But, just to be safe, she did a uterine biopsy. That hurt a lot

Alisha ~ I'm glad that it's unlikely that it is cancer. I'm sorry the biopsy hurt. I hope this will be over soon and you will be on the road to recovery.

Not much is happening here. I'm just working and working out and trying to cut down on my food intake. I'm doing better in that regard.

My sister has a job interview today. Keeping my fingers crossed for her. It is only 4 minutes away from where I work.

Hi Tricia!

My surgeon wants me to lose weight before the surgery. I'm supposed to be scheduled in about 4 to 6 weeks for surgery. I haven't heard from the medical assistant that schedules for the surgeon yet. I'm nervous.

I hope that the job works out for your sister.

I need to watch my diet too.

Alisha

I'm working hard to keep my diet in check. It was easier when I was younger. I feel like I've lost some weight but I'm not going to weight myself for a while so I don't get discouraged. My clothes are fitting a bit better though.

Alisha ~ It's ok to be nervous. I would be. I've never had any kind of surgery. You will do just fine though. Keep thinking positive thoughts!

Alisha ~ I hate waiting in general but I would especially hate for something like this. Just know that it will be at the right time.

I did a 10K trail race on Saturday morning. It was in the same location where I did a 10 mile trail race in January. The race started off well but sometime before the 2nd mile I fell. I don't think I tripped at least I don't remember tripping all I remember is being on the ground on my hands and knees. I got up rather quickly and was relieved that everything worked. I really didn't look at my knees because they were covered in dirt. So I just got up, got my bearings and started off again. At one point I stopped and looked down and I had a goose egg just below my knee. The only pain I felt was a tingly feeling like a rug burn or something. When I got to the second water station, I dumped water on my leg and saw that I had some scrapes too but nothing major. My sister also rolled her ankle so we were the running wounded at that point. We did finish the race although I finished 2nd to last and my sister finished last. There were 40 people in the race. In any case, I have some pretty bruising and scrapes on my leg but no pain unless I press it. The swelling is going down. That was my excited weekend.

Hi Tricia.

Last edited:
Jane!! I'm so sorry that you fell! That sounds painful. I hope that you feel better soon.

I'm still waiting to be scheduled for my surgery. I did hear from my doctors office that I don't need to worry about the cost just because it is classified as elective, it just means that it is not an emergency surgery which needs to be done within 72 hours. I was freaking out, but now I can relax a little.

I'm staying focused on my diet because I can only do low impact cardio, I don't want to burst my tumors because that could make me very ill.

My leg is getting better but the bump is still there. The bruising is going down my leg and my foot is a pretty purple color. My sister is so jealous. I had a busy weekend with working out, helping a friend out in her yard and spending time with mom. Today I ran 9 miles and did stuff around the house. The weather has been gorgeous! It's in the 70's and feels so wonderful.

Alisha ~ I hope you are doing well.

Jane I am glad that you are feeling better

I'm scheduled for my surgery on Wednesday. I'm nervous but I will be glad when it is over.

Alisha ~ So it's this coming Wednesday, November 2? You must be relieved that it's finally scheduled. You will do fine!

Not much to report...just working and working out. My leg is still bruised but it's better. The bump is slowing going down. I missed my run last night so I will go tonight instead.

I have to get an EKG, some blood work, and see my chiropractor today.

I hope your knee is feeling better. I am relieved that I have my schedule.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.