Jogglers September 2016

Happy September!

I'm sorry I was away for so long. I was on vacation and them came back for a couple of days and had to deal with a Hurricane. We made out great and were very lucky. I had no power outage. I only had my phone/cable/internet knocked out for a couple of days.

I woke up this morning to cooler temperatures. It was only 73 but felt cooler and did a running work out with swings, deadlifts, weighted squats and ball slams and mixed in some boxing with my punching bag. Then I worked for an hour clearing debris at my house and another 1 at my sister's house helping pick up stuff in her yard. I'm fried.

Alisha ~ That's for starting a new thread. How are you?

Tricia ~ Hope all is going well in your neck of the woods.

I am ok. I did 20 minutes of low impact aerobics this morning.

Jane we had a 78 degree day yesterday but we expect to be in the nineties through the 19th. I'm so glad that you were ok and that the hurricane didn't do much damage at your house.

TGIF!!

Alisha ~ We are still in the 90's too but at least the heat index since in the 100's.

I ran 3.5 miles on Wednesday and last night I did a rope slam workout mixed with some other exercises. Today is a rest day and tomorrow is a 5K race. I have not done a race since June. I'm excited.

Hi ladies!

This has been such a stellar year.

My mom passed away this morning around 2 a.m. My brother and sister were with her.

My brother called me on Wednesday evening to say she had stopped taking her fluids two days earlier. The nurse had called him earlier that day to fill him in and tell him that it would be 5-7 days from the time she stopped. He and my sister drove down on Friday night when they called him and told him it would be any time.

I'm glad she won't suffer, as lack of fluids cause severe pain from muscle cramping. They put her on pain meds and kept her comfortable.

There isn't going to be a funeral or mass. There is just going to be rosary at her church for all the people there. Mom and Joe were very active and involved at their church. We're not even notifying family and friends who live outside of Jacksonville because my brother didn't want anyone to feel they had to travel. He will let them know she passed, but not to come down.

I'm glad I got to see her in February while she was still alert and having a good day. She talked, danced in her chair to the music, ate well and at least recognized that I was her daughter, told me she loved me and gave me kisses. That's what I want to remember. That and all the goofy, crazy times we had together!

I caught a pesky mouse in the house last night! Going to drive to a park and release it a nice, long way away from here so he/she won't find their way back! lol

It's muggy and hot again. We had a few nice days that were humidity free and cooler; not that I'm ready for fall. I'm not. It was a nice little break, but summer can hang around as long as it wants too!

Alisha - Jordana and I had a great visit! Thank you! It wasn't long enough, but I was glad to get to see her!

Jane - Glad you had a nice vacation and didn't suffer any serious damage from Hermine!

Tricia ~ I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. At last she is a peace and that is what is important. I'm glad you have good memories of when you last saw her. {{{{HUGS}}}}.

Thanks Jane. They ended up having a funeral mass yesterday. The congregation of her church wanted it. It was all for them anyway. She and Joe had been very involved in their church for many, many years and much loved there.

I do wish I had been able to be there, but I will go down when mom's and Joe's ashes are laid to rest some time next month.

Hope all is well with you! We are having fall weather already and that makes me sad. Like I need anything else making me sad.

Alisha - Hope you are okay. Sorry to hear you have been having a tough time.

One of the things I love about my parents is that they always told us to do what we want after they move on. They said it's for us anyway not them. I'm not good with dealing with those emotions in front of people. My dad's death was such a relief as he was ready to go so we did not do a service for him.

It is still in the 90's today. My sister and I went for a 9 mile run this morning and it was HOT and HUMID. It doesn't really seem like it's going to get cool any time soon. At least we got some rain today. We haven't had any since the Hurricane came through.

Alisha ~ Hope you are ok. Thinking of you and sending lots of hugs {{{{HUGS}}}}.

Ok, so I started the week thinking I had a UTI. No big deal, take bilberry and I will be fine, right? Wrong! I tested negative in the urinalysis. But, by early Friday morning, 2 am, my Mom drove me to the ER because I felt like I was dying and my pain level was a 7 out of ten. They did another urine catch, a pelvic, and gave me pain killers. I had a blood pressure of 157/103! I normally run about 107/60 (i have chronically low blood pressure). I went home for a few hours, then my brother drove me to see my gynecologist. My pain level was an 8/10. I was literally in tears, they asked me if I was being harmed!! They were so nice, my gynecologist did a pelvic, determined it was not gynecological, and that it was a kidney stone. Bless, her heart, she gave me a script for Tylenol 3. On the way home I took an Alka seltzer and peppermint oil. That reduced my pain level dramatically. I slept the sleep of the dead for four hours. Since then, I sip on Alka seltzer, use my tens machine on my kidney, and enjoy lots of tv. I have not heard from either Doctor yet. I did get a cryptic test results that might indicate that I have strep B or they might not. Who knows?

Alisha - Thank you.

You have had a very tough time! I cannot believe no one could diagnose your kidney stone(s)! Sheesh! I know how painful that is! I went in to the ER once back in North Carolina for severe pain and vomiting. They did a scan. By the time they did that, they didn't see anything. The doctor decided I had passed it before I got there. I tend to wait forever before going to a doctor. I don't even remember them giving me any meds. Just told me to rest, drink lots of fluids and I think take OTC pain meds.

Medical treatment seems to get worse instead of better as time goes on.

I hope you are feeling much better now!

Hi Jane!

Nothing new here except that I am doing my best to get by day to day.

Alisha ~ I hope you feel better soon!

Tricia ~ Taking things day by day is the best way to go.

I'm hanging in there. Mom's walking is getting worse and she can no longer drive because she can't feel her feet. She won't go to the doctor for her spinal stenosis. I feel like she is slowly letting go, although she probably won't admit it. She keeps saying she will get outside again to work in her yard or that she will be able to drive again but in order for her to do that she needs to go to the doctor. Right now she only goes to her physical therapist who in my opinion doesn't do anything. They are very close and it's more like a social visit than anything else. She's 82 and I think she really misses my dad. I don't say anything to her about this because she will deny it. She won't even admit that she has spinal stenosis. She says everything is from her cancer treatments.

My sister has been out of a job since February but it is a blessing in disguise as she is able to help mom with this transition and is saving us a lot of undue stress. We are making it work and that's all that matters.

I'm still working out. I'm running tonight and I'm doing a 5K race on Saturday morning. My big sis is coming too. I'm so excited.

{{{{{Group Hug}}}}}

Alisha - So sorry you are in so much pain! Hoping you get some relief soon!

Jane - So sorry your sister lost her job, but I agree that it sounds like it worked out like it should for now. Sorry your mom is having so much difficulty and you are having to deal with so much. It is very hard. I

Hope you and your sister had fun at the 5K this morning!

I played golf with my friends today and we had a great time! I was exhausted and had a headache after, so I just laid down for a few hours.

I've been training my replacement at work. The boss said to let her go on her own so they can see how fast she can work. I'm having a hard time letting go of my duties completely, but it is necessary if they are going to properly assess her abilities and see where they are. September is coming to an end and the next two months will probably fly by! (I hope.)

Stephen finally got his first paycheck and I am so relieved!

Sending you both lots of {{{HUGS}}} and love! All three of us are going to make it through somehow!

Alisha ~ How are you doing?

Tricia ~ Great job on the golf! It's hard to let go sometimes. The next 2 months will fly by. I can't believe it's almost October already. I'm glad Stephen got his first paycheck as well!

My sister is ok with losing her job. She hated it and the place was making her sick so it was the best thing for her. Luckily I have a job where I can mostly support both of us (although she is still paying her portion of the mortgage). It's like having a housewife. I wake up and go in the shower and when I come out, my bed is made. She is doing all the chores which is great. I know she'll find something soon and better than what she had. In any case, it always could be worse.

The race on Saturday was fun but I did horribly. It was HOT but I know I have to take some weight off so I'm working on that right now. I have another race on Saturday in Albany but it will be much cooler!!

I have two huge tumors on my ovaries. I will probably need them taken out. I had a CT last week, and I was in the lab for pre-op blood work yesterday. I will have a MRI probably today or tomorrow. I'm really scared and sad. But, that's normal because it is on my ovary which makes emotions. Gahhhhhh.

I thought it was just a UTI.

Jane I am sorry that your sister lost her job. But, I wouldn't want your Mom to be all by herself either. I live with my folks because I had some health issues and then it was better financially. But, I don't regret it because I had the opportunity to take care of my Mom when her lupus gets bad. It's a two way street.

Tricia I am so glad that you are having some fun and get to go golphing.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.