Jogglers December 2015

Happy December!

Hope you two are doing well!

Stephen has finally finished all his interviews. American University of Beirut won't come off their low offer, so I think that is out. It's looking a lot like we'll be relocating to Bowling Green, Ohio next year. His interviews with Morgan State in Baltimore came in so late that, if they are going to make him an offer, it won't come in until Monday which is the day he has to give Bowling Green an answer. I will let you know when the actual decision is finalized. It is possible that Beirut and Morgan State could come in with offers early tomorrow before he decides, but it's not likely.

We're having a mild December weather-wise and I'm liking it! Going to enjoy it and not worry about when the tons of snow and arctic temps start until I actually have to deal with it.

Now, I need to focus on my health and getting fit again! Yeah, just call me Broken Record! lol

I have to keep reminding myself that it's December. It has been warm here. We've had a couple of nippy mornings but nothing close to freezing. I haven't even turned on the heat yet. I do have a small heater that I've used but that's all.

I did a 10K race on Saturday. I haven't done this race since 2012 so it was nice to be back. Lots of crowd support and jingle bells. Then I came home and made 2 batches of Christmas cookies with my sister. I pretty much repeated that today but I only did a 3.5 mile run and 1 batch of cookies.

Tricia ~ I'm glad the weather has been mild by you as well. I guess you are meant to be in Bowling Green then. It's exciting to move to a new place.

Hi Alisha!

Hi there!

It's official now. Stephen accepted Bowling Green State University's offer today. I'm still a bit disappointed that American University of Beirut didn't counter. Oh, well. Time to look forward. The town has a total population of 30,000, Yikes! I don't know if I'm going to be able to handle small town life! lol On the other hand, East Providence only has 49,000, but Providence has 178,000, so we really live in an area with over 200,000. Will have to try and find things to do. A job is going to be the hardest part. I don't want to "work" for a living any more! I need to figure out something fun that I will enjoy going to every day. I had hoped we'd move someplace with a museum or something, but I'd have to commute to Columbus or Toledo or something for that and I don't know if I'll be able to do that in the winters.
Well, we've got another 9-10 months to go! I have time to decide.

Hope you two are doing great!

Jane - It must have felt terrific to do that race again! Glad the temps have been mild for you! I was going to make cookies this past weekend, but forgot. Had a lunch at one of the Golf Girl's house on Saturday. It was great to hang with them before Sue and Maurene leave for Florida!

Hi Alisha!

Congratulations to Stephen for his new job! Be sure to get a place with a great basement/bonus room to exercise indoors during the winters. Finding a new job always seems so daunting to me, but I am sure you will make it work

TGIF!!!

Tricia - Congratulations to Stephen. I'm sure it will work out for you. I moved from the Chicago suburbs to Southwest Georgia. It was a big change and I wasn't sure if I liked it at the beginning but I love it now. I do miss some things about Chicago but not the crowds and the traffic. I love the space down here and no traffic problems and less crowds. I think if you keep an open mind then the transition will go smoothly.

I have been doing my workouts. A total body weight workout on Monday, a 3.5 mile run on Wednesday and yesterday was a 300 rep workout with BOSU Jumps, Swings, push ups and other things. The weather has been lovely. We will be in the 80's this week. Yippee!!

Hi Alisha - Hope all is well. Enjoy your weekend!

Thank you ladies!

We will be in an apartment for the first year. I'll probably be working out at the apartment gym or the university gym. The apartment will be a bit smaller than our house, so I doubt I'll have room there to work out. If I can get a job at the university, it will be easier. Of course, I'll have to walk outdoors to get from whatever building I work in to the gym. Why they don't have tunnels connecting all the buildings, I don't know, but you'd think they would with winters being as tough as they are up there!

I have found out that a lot of the Cathletes are in Ohio! I'll be able to meet some of them I"m sure! That will be exciting!

I can't believe Christmas is 2 weeks away! Ours is going to be really small this year. We're overextended with all of Stephen's travel expenses and the work on the house we had to have done. Just hoping we can get all that paid down in time for the move! The school won't front the moving expenses, but will reimburse us. Oh, well.

Trying not to stress over all the stuff that needs to get done before the move!

Have a great weekend!

Happy Tuesday!

I am wearing short sleeves today. It still has been warm here but will be cooling off over the weekend but then we will have warmer temps Christmas week.

I did a workout on Saturday, a 9.4 mile run on Sunday and a weight workout last night. I am very sore this morning. Today is a rest day.

We are having a small Christmas as well. I think just me, my two sisters and mom, unless a family friend goes over. My sister and I are sleeping over at mom's on Christmas Eve. I think we are only have appetizers for Christmas, so very little cooking for us.

Tricia ~ You have a while to get things organized and packed. Maybe making a list will help.

Hi Alisha - I hope you are having fun wherever you are.

I am at home. Pleasonton was ok. We are working on reports.

Monday was chiropractic appointment.
Wednesday I did two miles.
This morning I did foam roll.

It's really cold! I need to get a Christmas tree

Happy Christmas week ladies!

Jane - We've been unusually warm too and have cooled down for the weekend. We will warm up again on Monday into the mid to upper 50s through Christmas. Your Christmas sounds like a wonderful one!

My car died on Wednesday night and I had to get a new battery put in. Not sure if it's all good now or not. I got home from errands today and when I shut the car off, the radio stayed on. Weird. I had to turn it off manually. Wonder if there is an electrical problem now. Sigh. I just don't have the money to keep fixing things!

My pups had their blood work for their issues to keep their medication going and Peanut's thyroid levels were up, so we're having to back her off her meds a bit. Milo's red blood count is down so the vet thinks he has some internal bleeding going on. We had to start him on Prilosec and the vest wants a urine sample! Yeah, like that's going to be easy to get! lol

Just don't know how we're going to make it. Just hope my car doesn't need any more work!

Hi Alisha - Sounds like you've been busy! Stay warm!

I'm going to bake some cookies at some point this weekend. I still have to do a little shopping for Christmas dinner. May not make a formal dessert if I get all the cookies done.

Have a wonderful Christmas you two if we don't catch up again before then!

I did an old Kathy Smith workout, but I can't remember if it was yesterday or Saturday. . . It might have been Saturday. My arms are sore from that. My ICE DVDs arrived. It's raining, cold, and overcast. We need the rain. I got all my Christmas shopping done. I already got most of my own presents because they came earlier, like my iMac, my ICE DVDs, a new blue-Ray player, and new bookcases in my room. My Mom says I made out like a bandit, I say I made out like a Bandita.

Tricia I am sorry that you are having car problems.

Jane are you still sore from your workout? I am lol

Hi Ladies,

One and half more days of work and I'm off for four days. I can't wait. We are having warm temps and rain today and tomorrow then 80's are in store for Christmas day.

I'm done with Christmas...ok so I don't put up a tree but I donated gifts to our need families at work, made 18 kinds of Christmas cookies and mailed a couple of cards. That's good enough for me.

I've been working out regularly and hope to get a workout in on Christmas Eve morning before I pick mom up for some shopping.

Alisha ~ yes, the soreness went away finally. I did the same type of workout last night (same rep pattern but different exercises) and did not feel as sore. I'm glad you got good presents and made out like a Bandita!! :)

Tricia ~ I'm sorry about your car problems. That sucks. I've been so careful with my money lately. My electric bill is about $100 less than it was in summer since we have nothing running...no a/c and no heat. Trying to save for retirement and stuff. The strange thing is, I really don't want anything except money and freedom!

If I'm not back here later in the week...Happy Holidays!!

Merry Christmas Eve Eve Eve!

Alisha - You did make out like a Bandita! Good for you!

Jane - Wore short sleeves today! Rain, but 55 for a high!

We're going to go see Star Wars on Christmas Day! I can't wait! Got my sugar cookies and chocolate chip cookies done. I have all Stephen's presents wrapped and under the tree. Nothing there for me yet. He'll probably wait and wrap on Christmas Eve. I don't like to do that because then I feel like I wasted my time wrapping. Maybe, if he puts it under the tree I'll know what it is because it's a golf club or something like that! I do want a 4-hybrid and 50-degree wedge iron! lol

Anyway, the car seems to be okay now (knock on wood).

I've done 2 of the ICE workouts so far. I'm really sore, so took a rest day today and tomorrow is Upper Body Circuit. I think that's what it's called!

Have a very wonderful Christmas you two!

Merry Christmas Eve! ❄️☃I took the day off to wrap presents and do normal job work.

I plan to do a workout in the morning before I make the Christmas brunch. We had hail and a tornado come through the neighborhood. It was really nip and tuck there for a minute. We were lucky, some people had damage to their property.

For my Dad I got him a Snoopy cheese sandwich maker, a small bar of chocolate, and a book about cypher codes. For my Mom I got a big fluffy purple blanket, a Mickey Mouse mug warmer, and a soft purple pj set.
For my brother I got a 75$ gift certificate to a local used book store, a calendar, a new fluffy blue towel, and a matching shower curtain.
I bought a living Norfolk Pine instead of a cut tree, and decorated it with bows, red tinsel, and lights. It's about 3 feet high. I didn't want to weigh it down with heavy ornaments.

Good Morning!

Hope you both had a great Christmas. Ours was low key and nice. I wore shorts and a tank top.

I worked out very hard over the holidays doing a kettlebell workout on Christmas eve, then another workout with some running and other exercises on Saturday, an 8.6 mile run on Sunday and a weight workout yesterday. Today I have a rest day.

I am at work this week but will have Friday off. I'm going to take a couple of days off in January.

Have a great day!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.