Jogglers - December 2010!

lioness

Cathlete
Hi Everyone,

I hope you don't mind me starting the month off.

I am back from my trip to the beach and had a wonderful time!! The weather was gorgeous. I actually went swimming on Thanksgiving day. The water was a tad chilly but it was worth it.

I tried to workout as much as possible to offset the amount of food I was eating. I did 2 beach runs (beautiful), some jump rope and walking lunges. I took lots of walks on the beach and also did some sprinting on a beach path with loose sand and small hills. Yikes!! We also added some cardio in while we were playing cards. We played 4-way Solitaire. The person who lost the round had to run up and down the stairs. I thought that up...pretty nifty...huh? :D

I had every intention of working out yesterday but I ended up climbing up into an attic to pull out some Christmas stuff for my mom's elderly neighbor. I did that in a dress and hose!!

I plan on running tonight.

I'll bbl!

What a fun idea, Jane - cardio cards. :)

Spin class last night was intense, I was going to jog a couple miles afterwards but ended up just walking because I was spent! The walk felt good though.

Kettlebells tonight - not sure what I will do, but I have a stack of workouts to choose from. :)

Hope everyone is staying warm, we have snow today. BRRR!

Hi Jane!! I just posted that we had a new thread in the old one. I don't mind that you started it. Its :cool: That sounds like a great vacation. Cardio cards has me thinking it should be an app.

Cindi- Its nice and toasty at my house, its in the 40s. It was below freezing over the weekend though.

I did my CTX step mish mosh yesterday. Its surprisingly tough. Today I don't know what I'm going to do. It might be Leslie Sansone 3 miles, it might be 45 min. of belly dance tape or just 30 min. of Hula. I love doing stuff bare foot.

Last edited:
Lisa- I think I would giggle if I had to tell somebody I was doing a 'bum bum' workout. I'm sure they are good workouts, but I would giggle the whole time.:D

Of course, if I was studying for a test I would have to do the 'dum, dum' workouts.

Tricia-I have the same issue with HIIT workouts, they just don't add up to enough of a cal. burn. When I was in college I had great results from combining a spin/circuit class followed with a speed walk. It was just twice a week and I was watching my calories but it worked. That said, now I have to work out more. I was in college, youth misspent on education blah. I should have been training!!

Last edited:
Hi Again,

I did not go on a joggle as planned. It was too cold and windy (wimp, I know) but I not used to the 40's yet. I also had to turn on my heat today. :(Anyway...I did a Taebo Live workout. I haven't done one in a long time. It was fun!

Hope everyone has a great night.

Hi Ladies! Late in tonight due to a 2 hour power outage! We had horrendous wind and rain this evening!

Jane - I love the cardio cards idea too! Awesome! I'm glad your trip to the beach was so nice! I take you haven't floated away from all this rain?

Cindi - Snow? Wow! glad spin class was so good!

Alisha - Yes, it's sad that we have to workout so much harder and longer as we get older! lol I misspent my youth working out and then not working out. Gain and lose, gain and lose. I'm sure that hasn't helped my current circumstances either!

Well, I have done my Insanity workout for tonight! I got that done and dinner. I was still eating when the power went out. It really burned my butt because the street behind us still had power! They finally lost power somewhere between 9 and 9:30, but they didn't have to deal with it for but 30 minutes!

Anyway, tomorrow's another day and it's supposed to be sunny and chilly! I'll take it over the weather we had today!

Have a great night! Can't believe it's finally December! 2011 is going to be MY year!

Hi ladies!

Alisha - I just giggle at your reasons for editing your posts. :)

Tricia - that stinks that you lost power.

Hi Jane and Lisa.

Tricia- I am sorry you lost power.

Cindi- Glad I could amuse:D

Jane- I used to do Taebo. He cracks me up.

Hi Lisa!! Had a doggle lately?

I was less than stellar yesterday, I skipped my workout in favor of making dinner for my parents. Then, I went to my book club mtg, we talked about the latest HP movie. I had more gluten than I usually do, its a bakery and the bread is fresh:eek: But, I did split the chocolates I bought with my friends.;) It doesn't count if you don't eat it. So, this morning I had a bite of my home made banana bread and now I'm sick to my stomach too much sugar I guess:confused:

I plan to 4DS HIS/LIS later this morning.

Alisha

Hi Everyone!

This is what I have planned for tonight.

3 Rounds
50 Squats
40 Swings
30 Weighted Step ups
20 Ball Slams
10 Kettlebell Sit up and Press

Alisha ~ Taebo got me on the fitness bandwagon. I lost 50 pounds. Billy is a riot. I forgot how fun the workouts can be. I hope you're feeling better!

Tricia ~ Sorry to hear about your power outage. That happens to be all the time so I now what a pain it can be. At least you got your workout in and dinner made.

We didn't get too much rain - only some on Monday night into Tuesday morning. Tuesday was gloomy but no rain. The sun is out now.

Hi Cindi and Lisa!

Hi Ladies!

Well, power came back on just in time for Stephen to come home from school and for us to go to bed! Figures, huh? I think it also killed our Mac Mini. You know, the one with all of my Cathe workouts on it! :(:(

I'm sure they're backed up somewhere and I'm hoping this Mac Mini is still on the Apple Care Plan. If so, they'll fix it for free!

Hi Cindi!

Alisha - Hey, we all have those days! I'd die if I had a meeting in a bakery! Drooooolllllll . . . :confused:

Jane - Glad you didn't get much rain! We were nice and sunny today! You'd never know we almost blew away last night!

Still plugging away at Insanity. It was going by really fast for the first 3 weeks. Now, it's kind of dragging. Only 2 more days this week, then I'm on a "rest" week of Cardio Core & Balance for 6 days before I hit the Max workouts for 4 weeks! Pray for me! ;)

I was planning on adding on Cathe weight workouts starting next week, but it all depends on the Mac Mini situation and if I can pull them from another source. I did find them on our Drobo and I can play them on my Mac laptop, but I need to test a full workout out to see if it plays smoothly or not.

We'll see. See you girls tomorrow! It's Friday! Yippee!

Hi Lisa! Hope you didn't float away!

P.S. Almost forgot! I posted a new thread in the Workout Manager Forum "Possible New Option for WM?" or something like that asking for them to add report options to graph or chart progress or calories burned, etc. from the workouts posted to WM. I'd appreciate your support! ;);)

I would love to know how different my calorie burns are this year compared to last, etc. to try and evaluate why I'm having such a hard time right now.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!
Yesterday the pups and I did a 3 mile doggle at the orchard. It was very cold and windy.

This morning I did Gym Style Legs.

The low pulses in this workout bother my knees. I have read that the 90 degree angle is when the most shear pressure is applied to the knee and I'm wondering if those low pulses actually put the knee under more stress than regular squats and butt-to-the-ground squats do. I think I will be modifying those to regular squats from now on. The kettlebell squats don't bother my knees the way the low pulses do.

Lisa

Hi Lisa- Sounds like a fun place to run. We don't have an orchard here but we do have sheep (not our own, they belong to the neighbors.)

I missed my workout yesterday. I worked until 9 pm. It isn't the kind of work that Cathe means when she says, "Work, work!" But, I plan to do 4DS Double Step Cardio premix this afternoon. I have to upload video footage all day. Tomorrow will be 4DS Bootcamp/KB cardio.

I had a little bit of ice cream this morning. It was just a bite of the Trader Joe's French vanilla. I have to go to the store and buy healthy food so I don't just eat all candy.;)

Tricia- I hope your mac is ok.

Jane- I was planning on doing my normal rotation next week (joggles + step + yoga) but maybe I will through some taebo tapes in there.:D

Hi Everyone,

I'm taking a rest day. I am doing 2 races tomorrow. I'm doing a 10K in the morning and a 5K in the afternoon. I haven't run since Sunday so hopefully I'll do fine. It will be a nice training run for this week.

Alisha ~ Yesterday afternoon my arms started killing me. I guess all the punches and speed bag arms from Taebo got to me!! I hope you get some rest today from work!

Lisa ~ An orchard run sounds like fun but not in the cold and wind! Those low pulses are killer.

Tricia ~ I hope your MAC is ok. I'm sure you'll do great on the Max workouts!

Hi Cindi!

Lisa - Sounds like a great doggle even if the weather was uncooperative! Definitely modify those squats if they bother your knees. Low squats don't hurt my knees, but they do hurt! Oh, my!

Alisha - You sound very busy with all that video editing! Enjoy 4DS! I desperately need to go grocery shopping also! Have a new eating plan lined up - again.

Jane - 2 races in one day! Wow! Good luck! I know you'll do well!

Turned out (once Stephen looked at it) the Mac Mini was fine, it was the power adapter that got fried! Whew! I'm so relieved! Didn't work out tonight. :( Got side tracked by my honey being home, so I skipped. I'll do tonight's workout tomorrow and Saturday's workout on my rest day, Sunday. It'll be okay because I'll be on rest week next week doing Cardio Core & Balance for 6 days.

Hi Cindi! Hope all is going well!

I did not do 4DS yesterday, instead I did Leslie Sansone 3 miles and 15 min. of yoga. I had some sort of bug. I feel better now though. I plan to do the 4DS step premix later today.

Jane- I bet your arms will be real fit a day or two when they stop domming! Two races?? :eek:

Lisa-When I jog I often see little lambs so does that mean I don't doggle but rather that I sheeple? :p

Tricia-I'm so glad your Mac is ok.

Cindi- Hi!

Hi Everyone,

I did my 10K this morning. Lots of people cheering us on with jingle bells. Did not set a PR but my time was consistent with other 10Ks. Getting ready to leave for the 5K soon. My legs are a bit tired so we'll see what happens. Temps will be in the 60's!

Cindi - Glad you were able to get some yoga in at least! Hope you were able to do your 4DS workout today! Sheeple - that's great! I love our little names for our different joggles!

Jane - At least you saw consistency in your 10K race this morning! How did the 5K go?

Hi Lisa and Alisha!

I thought I wasn't going to get my workout in today because we lazed around for most of it! Ended up at the grocery store at 4:30! That's late for me, but Stephen needed grapefruit juice and I HAD to have eggnog for lattes! I got home and he was still working on Linear Algebra homework, so after putting groceries away, I changed and did my Insanity workout! Yippee!

Tomorrow is maybe a run. Stephen has to be in Boston for a review session at noon, so it depends on what time we get up!

My brother was sick all night so I'm taking a rest day. I did get my step workout yesterday. I might go for a hike later.

Jane-How did the second race go?

Tricia- I think you meant me, I was curious about the sheeple.:D Linear algebra yikes!

Hi Lisa and Cindi!!

Hi Everyone!

Yesterday afternoon I did my second race of the day a 5K. My legs were heavy. My sister and I ran together. People were lining up for the Xmas parade afterwards so there were lots of cheering spectators. At the end it felt I had finished first in the Boston Marathon due to the cheering crowds and the fact that everyone else had finished before me and my sister. OK....not everyone but we were at the back of the pack. It was my worst 5K ever BUT I accomplished my goal of running a 10K and 5K in one day. I will never do it again. Oh...and we had to walk the entire 5K course back to our car so I actually ran/walked 12.4 miles today.....Almost a 1/2 marathon!!

I didn't workout today. Too tired and too much to do.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Alisha - Oops! Got myself mixed up again! lol I hope your brother is feeling better today!

Jane - Glad you made it through both races! I don't think I could have done that! Wow! It must have been something though to have all those people around! That's pretty cool! I don't think anyone will mind you taking a rest day after all that running and walking yesterday! You might even need one tomorrow, too!

Hi Lisa and Cindi!

Have a great night! I'm going to work on adding Cathe workouts to my schedule for this week. I'm on my rest week from Insanity so I'm sure doing the Core & Balance plus Cathe wouldn't be a problem!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.