JOGGLERS APRIL 2014

syzygy314

Cathlete
Hi ladies!

Happy April Fool's Day!

We had nice temps today and some sun, finally!
STS Disc 22 Chest Shoulders and Triceps minus shoulders and a stretch today.

Feeling good and hoping to drop 10 lbs. this month!

Jane - Sorry the weather didn't cooperate for your race on Saturday.

Alisha - Glad you're getting those workouts in! How's your weather?

Happy April!

Yesterday was a rest day. Tonight will be a 4 mile run. It's so beautiful outside. Our highs are near 80 degrees!!! :D

Tricia ~ Great job on the workouts. Keep up the good work!!!!

Hi Alisha!

Jane - I dream of such temps! Hope you had a nice run! I'll be starting to run again next week. I'll be on rest week between STS Meso 2 and 3!

Hi Alisha! Hope you are having a great week!

Here is tonight's workout:

A.
Four sets of:
Weighted Walking Lunges x 20 steps each leg
Presses x 20
Rope Slams x50
B.
As many rounds and reps as possible in 15 minutes of:
Dumbbell Ground to Overhead x 12 reps
Push-Ups x 12 reps
75 Jump Rope

Last night's run was ugly. I'm not used to the heat yet. I have to drink more water.

Jane - Hang in there! You'll get back into it in no time! Great job on your workout!

I did CTX 10-10-10 cardio only tonight and core. Tomorrow is Back and Biceps. I'll be done with STS Meso 2! One more month to go! Going to start running for cardio next week. Hope it goes well!

Hi Alisha! Hope you find us!

I went for a hike yesterday and did stretch X with the resistance band after today I'm not sure which workout I'm going to do something indoors it's nice and sunny and clear outside we're looking for a higher close to 80° today but they say there might be some more rain in the next two weeks

Tricia great job and all those work outs you have been doing, woo hoo!:cool:

Jane I like to have watered-down orange juice to keep from getting dehydrated when it gets hot because it has potassium

Alisha - Nice work on the hike and stretching! I love that you're getting nice weather! We are finally having spring! We are close to 60 this weekend! Woo-hoo!

I"m really seeing some improvement in my flexibility now between stretching regularly during the week and my yoga every Sunday! Just finished STS Meso 2! During rest week, I'm going to focus on running. I keep going back and forth between doing HIIT in between runs, yoga or metabolic workouts . . . I'll decide on Tuesday, I guess!

Hi Jane! Hope you're having a great weekend!

Happy Monday!

Here was my workout from Friday. I really liked this workout

400M run
25 Swings
Farmer carry length of driveway and back
Overhead carry or racked carry length of driveway and back
20 – weighted step ups (10 each leg)
400M run
25 Swings
Farmer carry length driveway and back
Overhead carry or racked carry length of driveway and back
20 – weighted step ups (10 each leg)
400m run
1/2 mile farmers walk with 2-18# KB alternating with my sister

Saturday was a rest and Sunday was a 7 mile run. Tonight will be a weight related workout that may take place indoors as we are expecting rain today.

Alisha ~ Thanks for the tip about orange juice. That's a good idea. I am listening to some recorded lectures on nutrition and there is a section on hydration that I need to listen to again. Great job on your workouts. We will be in the 80's all this week. I haven't had the heat on in a while and I'm resisting on turning on the AC as my electric bill was so high this winter.

Tricia ~ Congratulations on completed Meso 2. So happy that your weather is warming up finally.

Hi ladies!

Jane - That does look like a great workout! Nice run too! I can't wait to see 80s! At least we don't have snow! Our heat is still on, but it only runs in the morning. I did have to turn it up tonight because I was chilly from my run.

YES! I did run for the first time in forever tonight! I was proud that I managed 1.5 miles non-stop! That is the halfway point. I ran most of the way back with short walk breaks between. I couldn't believe it! The last time I tried to get back to running, I could barely run 20 feet before needing a walk break. Not sure what's different other than STS, but I'll take it!

Hi Alisha! Hope you are doing well!

I took yesterday as a rest day. Today is a 4 mile run. My sister will try running for the first time tonight since her piriformis syndrome problem on March 1. She has been working out and can do anything except run. She has been walking with a weighted vest instead of running.

Tricia ~ Congratulations on your run. That is fantastic! Keep up the good work.

Hi Alisha - hope all is well with you.

Small earthquake

Totally obliterated our pantry knocked over shelves and shelves of stored food supplies and we discovered mold in that room and water damage and unfortunately it destroyed some of my mother's paintings so we were very busy yesterday cleaning out that room, my brother went to buy shelving and my mother is very sad about her lost paintings so there was no exercise yesterday it is TTOTM, and I am tired. But I hope to try Kathy Smith flex appeal which is a belly dance DVD later today first things I have to go to the library return some books and pick up some groceries.

Here is my Thursday night workout:

[FONT=&quot]½ Mile Run
80 walking lunges (40 each leg)
40 push ups
20 elephants
10 squat thrust to upright row
20 med ball ground to overhead
40 squats
80 Jump rope or 80 Jumping Jacks
½ Mile Run
[/FONT]

My sister was able to run yesterday with minimal pain and no pain today. She didn't run much but it was the most she was able to run in over a month. She was thrilled.

Alisha ~ Thank goodness you are fine. So sorry to hear about your mom's paintings. That is so sad. I hope you got your workout in yesterday.

Hi Tricia.

I'm not working out this morning because I'm going to see my chiropractor I think my neck is out of alignment my right hand feels tingly and weird

Jane I'm so glad that your sister is able to get back to running.

Tricia good job on that first run in forever!

I am taking a rest day. I have a 5K race tomorrow. It's one of the bigger ones in the area. I have done it a couple of times but my friend wants to do it. My sister ran yesterday and felt fine but she is probably going to walk the 5K with a co-worker. They might run a bit of it too.

Alisha ~ Hope you feel better soon!

Tricia ~ TGIF!

Jane - I'm glad to see your sister able to get back to running again! Good luck in your 5K tomorrow!

Alisha - So sorry about the quake and the loss of your mom's paintings! Just grateful it wasn't worse and you are all safe! Hope you get some relief for your neck!

I've had a good "rest" week! 3 runs down and tonight was a good one! I managed almost a full 2 miles non-stop today. Finished the last mile and a half with intervals. I would run as long as I could, then walk. My pace was better tonight, too! Very happy with my progress! Tomorrow is a wine tasting and Sunday I'm playing golf.

Going to Zumba with a friend on Tuesday night, so will probably lift on Sunday as well so I don't miss any workouts next week.

Weight loss is still a major struggle, but I am fitting into clothes much better. Trying to focus on that more.

Have a great weekend!

I had to go to see the chiropractor today and I'm all beat up from the deep tissue massage part I hope I can walk tomorrow I can barely walk now

My right leg was partially dislocated and my right shoulder was trying to compensate for it

Tricia well done on your run pace, I still find weight-loss to be a struggle to :(

Jane I hope your 5K race is fun:):)

Good Morning!

Last night I did a kettlebell workout. Tonight will probably be a rest day. I have to get my haircut after work. I might try to squeeze a workout in depending on when I get home.

Saturday was my 5K race. It was fun. I'll done this race before but not since 2010. The weather was nice and I saw lots of friends. Then I went home and put down 47 bales of pine straw with my sister.

Sunday was a 6 mile run with my sister and then I ran another 2 miles after that.

Alisha ~ I hope you feel better soon.

Tricia ~ Great job on the running. Have fun with Zumba tonight.

Last edited:
Alisha - Ouch! How'd you dislocate your leg??? Hope you're feeling better soon!

Jane - Nice you got to see a lot of friends at the race Saturday! So glad your sister is back to running again! Is your mom still doing well?

We didn't make it to Zumba tonight. Gina was out sick yesterday and wasn't up to it tonight, so I came home and did my Meso 3 Day 1 workout of Chest & Back on its regularly scheduled day. I also stretched and did a meditation. I just finished dinner and am relaxing now.

Tomorrow is another run. I made it 2.25 miles Monday night without stopping. By the end of next week, I hope to finally be running a 5k distance non-stop, then I'll start adding some mileage, slowly.

I think I've decided to repeat Meso 2 and 3 after finishing this full cycle of STS. That will get me through the end of June.

You ladies have a great night!

My hair appointment was canceled yesterday as my stylist was sick so I am going tonight. I did not workout yesterday but I will get my run in tonight for sure. I will do 3-4 miles.

Alisha ~ I hope you are feeling better today!

Tricia ~ Congrats on the running. You are doing so well!! You need to sign up for a race. Mom is doing better these days. Her neuropathy is better. She still has it but the supplement she is taking plus her PT and massage therapy are going the trick. On Friday we will see her oncologist for her 6 month appointment.

It was 37 degrees this morning and is only in the mid 60's today. This has been very strange winter/spring.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.