Jogglers 2017

A 5K July race is brutal. To run 6 hours, 12 and 24 hours is insane!!

Happy Anniversary to your parents! How sweet. I love DQ.

I have been working out and eating pretty good. Sunday we ran 8.4 miles. Yesterday was a total body weight workout. Tonight is a race day and then tomorrow will be a 3.5 to 4 mile run. It's been cloudy and rainy here but temps have been in the low 80's which is nice. Last night we worked out under the carport while it rained. It was cool and breezy.

On Tuesday I did a short workout but I overdid it, twisted wrong and now I have an appointment to see my chiropractic doctor tomorrow. Ouch.

Great job on your workouts. It was rainy here too. But we expect three weeks of 100 degree temperatures.

How was your weekend? Are you feeling better?

I did a brutal 5K race on Saturday. I've done it before lots of times but didn't do it last year. My sister likes the "challenge" so I went with her. It's usually hot, humid and hilly and this year was no different. At least it cloudy .

Wow! That is brutal!! We've been having a very rainy summer so far. Temperatures have been in the 80's and close to 90 but nothing higher than that. It is raining now.

I did a weight workout yesterday. I am already sore.

Stay cool!!

Happy Friday!

On Wednesday I ran 3.5 miles. It was cloudy and humid and half way through the run it started drizzling and continued that way until we got home. It was nice and cooling. Yesterday we finally saw the sun. It was warm and breezy. I did a workout that consisted of 2 rounds of 33 reps of: BOSU jumps, squats, one-arm tire flips, med ball elephants, Russian twists and seated half moons. Today is a rest day and tomorrow is a 5K trail race. It's going to be hot and humid but I have always loved this race. I think this is the 4th time that I'm running it. I hope to be able to get a swim in the afternoon as well. My friend's pool is finally fixed! YIPPEE!!

I hope you have a great weekend!

Great job on your workouts!

I had a chiropractic appointment on Friday. Something has irritated my skin so I just took a Benadryl. It might be something I ate.

I hope to do something tomorrow, maybe yoga. It's not as hot as it had been. Our air conditioner is not working, it's going to be 15,000 to fix :eek:

Wow! You must have some air conditioner!! I had to get a new one in 2012 and it cost around $5800. Wouldn't it be cheaper to get a new one?

I did a 5K trail race on Saturday. I always love this race even though it's humid. Since it's on a trail it is mostly shaded which is nice. This year they gave out finisher medals to everyone. The medal was nicer than some of the age group awards that I have received. In the afternoon I went swimming.

Sunday was a 8 mile run and last night was a total body weight workout. Today is a rest day.

I have no more races until September unless we decide to do a race in August.

That is for a new one, we have a two story house, two units and new duct work.

I was sick from a post nasal drip yesterday which made me puke at 1 am. I'm ok. I plan to clean house and do some low impact cardio and foam rolling.

That makes sense then. We only have a one story 1500 square foot house.

I'm sorry you were sick. I hope you are feeling better now.

I did not run on Wednesday (too tired) but I did workout yesterday with ball slams, thrusters, squats, sit ups, step ups and swings. Today is a rest day. I'm so glad it's Friday!!!

I hope you have a good weekend.

I am considering just buying a small unit for my room rather than repairing the whole system.

I hope to do something tomorrow morning, probably low impact cardio.

That sounds like a good idea and much cheaper.

I had a busy weekend. On Saturday I worked out doing a killer workout, then I worked in the yard and swam laps in the afternoon. On Sunday I ran almost 9 miles and did stuff around the house. By noon I was pretty much toast. I will do a total weight workout tonight after work.

Do you have any plans for the 4th? We are having bunch and then we will go swimming. I have to work on Wednesday so I can't get too crazy.

I have developed urethra pain and I am sick. I spoke with my doctor on the phone. She has had me tested for uti and prescribed cephlex. I'm waiting to start it until I get the results from the lab. I'm so sick, I am so nauseous.

LOL! Take care of yourself. Did you get your AC fixed? How was your 4th?

Ours was low-key but nice. I did get some swimming in so that was refreshing.

I ran 3.5 miles on Wednesday. It was 98 degrees with a heat index of 107. A wonderful breeze came up about halfway through the run so that made it bearable. Yesterday was a workout with tire flips, ball slams, bosu squats, speed skaters and a thruster complex. It was hot but we made it.

Hope you have a great weekend. Rest and get well!

4th was just quiet.

I'm worried about my health. I had something like this when I was younger and it was awful for 7 years. I'm feeling a little better right now but I'm scared of the intermittent pain.

You couldn't get me to run in 98 degrees!

I'm feeling a little better, I got some pain medicine and a CT with contrast. I'm eating a very bland diet to let my bladder heal.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.