Jogglers 2017

I found the new thread!!

On Monday I did a total body weight workout. Yesterday was a rest day and today will be a 3.5 mile run after work. It is still in the 80's here but the mornings are cool so no need for the A/C yet. We do need some rain. I have a 10.5K race coming up on Saturday morning.

I hope you are feeling better today. Yikes! We have lots of pollen floating around so I have been sneezing a bit more. Hoping for some rain soon. It has been very dry.

Its in the 70s here. I had a chiropractic appointment yesterday. My chiropractor said that my diaphragm wasn't working. So, I think that means I need to do more rapid breath of fire.

The rash I had responded to washing with nizoral. It is made worse by drinking pomegranate juice, which suggests that I'm having a histamine response to oxalate dump from the pomegranate working on a hidden (or hiding) virus. So, yeah, virus and allergic response and kidneys getting in on the whole deal. Sheesh.. Olive leaf really seems to help with that.

My brother and I have not been getting on very well, he has a habit of treating me like I was much younger, we are only two years apart. So, I got mad. I hate being told what to do. Its the worst.

Happy Monday! (I think)

I'm sorry about you and your brother. I can understand the dilemma. I have 3 sisters and most of the time we get along good but sometimes we don't. I hate to be told what to do too. It is frustrating.

Saturday I did a 10.5K race for Alzheimer's. It was a beautiful morning and a nice course with rolling hills. My sister and I had a photo finish at the end. I really thought I crossed the finish line before her but since it was chip timed I guess I was wrong. I guess trying to run and busting a move to "Footloose" didn't help much! She finished 3rd in our age group and got a nice trophy.

Yesterday morning I did a workout with jump rope, tire flips, some running and other moves. Tonight will be a total body weight workout.

Hope you have a great day!

Happy Friday!

I hope you are doing well.

I'm sore from last night's workout which involved jump rope, shuttle touches, med ball ground to overhead, weighted squats, Arnold Presses and plank jacks into jumping jacks. It was a beautiful evening, cool and breezy!

I hope you have a great weekend!

I'm ok. I spent all week in class. Its ttotm and I'm being lazy. :p So, yeah, I will be back at workouts next week.

Jane you always do a great job on your workouts:)

It's Monday (again) but it's a short week for me as we get Good Friday off. Yippee!!

On Saturday I did a heinous workout that my sister picked out with 80 squats, 70 sit ups, 60 walking lunges (each leg), 50 push ups, etc. I can't remember all of the exercises but I know we did swings and squat thrust and some running too.

Sunday was a eight mile run. Ouch!! The weather was gorgeous though. I believe it was our last blast of cool weather until the fall.

I'm working out tonight but not sure what we are doing. My sister from Illinois is in town and I'm not sure if she is joining us or not.

I love being lazy. Yup...got to get the workouts in but I workout with my sisters so it's harder to talk myself out of working out when they are working out.

Your sister is as serious as Cathe! What a tough workout!

I scaled Mt. Saint Laundry. I did some foam rolling the other day. I have a chiropractic appointment tomorrow. We have just about finished the taxes. Its a real chore because we have three businesses. Ugh. I need to clean my room before I can do an indoor workout. Laundry hampers, chairs, cat hair that needs to be vacuumed.

Its overcast and blah outside.

Did I mention that I bought a taser and a pair of walking sticks? Yeah. There had been an attack on a woman not three miles from my house so I decided to buy a weapon to defend myself. I saw a bobcat just down the street from my house a few days ago.

I missed a whole week!! Yikes!

I have been working out. The weather has been nice but it's getting warmer. My a/c has been going on and off at night. We do need some rain. I did a 5K race on Saturday and it was nice. I finally managed to beat my sister (after her beating me the last 2 times.) and took 3rd in my age group. On Sunday I ran 7 miles and last night was a total body weight workout. I got to work at 6:20 this morning as I had to take my sister to the airport. I'm tired already!! I hope I can make it through the whole day.

Alisha ~ I remember you mentioning that taser and walking sticks. You can never be too careful! I hope you feel better today!

Woo hoo on beating your sister!

I am feeling a bit better, GI tract is ok, I'm a little congested from my spring allergies. I need to clean my room and vacuum, too much cat hair in here. I have a seminar tomorrow. I might try to do something exercise like today.

I hope you had a great weekend! They tend to go so fast. My allergies bother me too. There is always something blooming here. We did get a little rain last night but it wasn't really enough. I hope we'll get more when we get into the summer pattern of afternoon showers. I hope your appointment went well and that you are feeling better.

I did some pretty good workouts last week. Tonight will be a total body weight workout.

I did a Kathy Smith Time Saver cardio and cool down, for a total of 28 minutes. Not bad. But, now my arms are sore from either grocery shopping or the workout. Its tough getting back into shape.

I went to my book club meeting last night, it ended up just being me and Stephen. We always enjoy each other's company.

Its sunny and in the 60s. Accuweather predicts that we will be in the upper 80s within a week :rolleyes:. So much for spring. At least the air conditioner on my car works great .

I'm dealing with a terrible headache today. I am probably dehydrated. I had a 'bathroom experience' (what my Mom calls tummy trouble!) at 2 am and I feel ok now, except my head hurts. I took a hot shower and some Tylenol, I hope that helps.

My dad is working on a job that I can't be on, so I'm effectively out of work, but we are not without an income. I'm taking the time to study for my exam. I have been dragging my feet on that because its so expensive and I'm not sure that I really want to do this with my life. I wish I could make something for a living and sell it, rather than be a consultant in a quasi-government field. I mean really, its kind of a 'bleh' thing. I care about the disabled, but man, I hate government. People just get on my nerves sometimes.

And on top of that, there is a company building a house across the street from us, and I get to hear 'Beep beep beep' all day long. Gah!!

I am going for a run tonight. It's been warm here for a while. This weekend it will get up in the 90's with some rain tomorrow.

I hope your head is feeling better! I don't get many headaches but when I do they are either sinus or allergy related.

I wish I could be my own boss or like you make something and sell it too. I have been working for "the man" for too long.

Sorry about the construction site across the street. When my neighbor bought the lot next door to us, her dad was out there at all hours of the day and night building that thing....including 8am on a Sunday morning which also happened to be New Years Day! Really? I don't need to hear a hammer at 8am on a Sunday morning, New Years Day or not.

It's May and it's raining! Yippee! We really need the rain. We got a little bit on Monday but today is going to be a soaker then it's going to get a bit cooler for a couple of days.

I did a total weight workout on Monday but did not run yesterday as I had to stop at my mom's house. I will go for a run tonight as the rain should be over by then. On Saturday I have a 5K race but it is only 10 minutes from my house so I don't have to get up early.

Hope all is well with you!

I have been on an impromptu road trip to San Luis Obispo, Pismo beach, Pasadena, the Descanso Gardens, and the Los Angeles County Arboretum. My youngest cousin turned one on April 30. And, then I decided to take pictures for a week.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.