Jogglers 2017

Your road trip sounds like fun!

The weekend weather was beautiful. I did a 5K race on Saturday morning and then came home and cleaned out my shed in the backyard. It was pretty nasty. It took us 3 hours, 2 trips to the dump and 1 to recycling.

I ran 6 miles Sunday morning.

Happy Friday!

On Monday I took a 2 mile walk. My sinuses were bothering me and I was tired. Wednesday I went for a 3.5 mile run. It was gnatty and hot. Yesterday was a mixture of cardio and weights. It was warm but there was a nice breeze. I have no workout tonight but I will have to move about 10 boxes this afternoon for work. I will get my cardio in then.

I hope all is well with you. Good job on the workout yesterday!!

Last edited:
Happy Tuesday! My how time flies. I worked out on Saturday and ran 8 plus miles on Sunday morning. Yesterday was a total body weight workout. I am already feeling it.

We finally got some rain on Friday and Saturday but it wasn't enough. Hoping for some rain over the weekend. My blueberries are getting ripe and we have lemons and oranges on the tree. We won't be able to have those until the fall though.

I hope all is well with you.

I haven't checked the berries in a couple of day. I will check tonight. We have to put netting over the bushes so the birds don't eat them before us.

Yesterday I went for a 3.5 mile run. It was 92 but there was a breeze and not a lot of humidity. I got a water bottle to carry with me but I forgot to change hands and my right arm is quite sore. Tonight will be a strength and cardio workout. I haven't figured it out yet but I will by the end of the day.

It's been quite warm here -- in the 90's but they are predicting rain from Sunday - Tuesday and then the temperatures go back to the 80's. I may have to push my Sunday long run to Saturday though. We desperately need the rain.

They berries are getting ripe but not quite ready yet. We did end up getting some rain yesterday morning but it wasn't enough.

Our A/C is not working properly so I have to leave work early tomorrow because they are coming by to look at it.

I ran on Saturday morning and did a workout with my sister who turned 59. We did 59 reps of 4 or 5 different exercises. Tonight will be an upper body workout. We are suppose to get rain but I doubt that we will.

I hope you enjoy our Tai Chi workout.

The 59 reps for 59 is a fun idea.

It was 96 degrees yesterday.

I did enjoy the Tai Chi. I went shopping before breakfast this morning.

It was either that or do 59 rounds of something!! :eek:

It's been cool here the last couple of days. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday it was rainy and yesterday we had temps in the low 80's and in the 50's in the morning. It's getting warm again now. My AC wasn't working right so we have to get a part replaced. The part is under warranty but labor is not. So it's going to be a small chunk of change.

What do you have planned for the weekend?

We are doing the "Murph" workout tomorrow morning - 1 mile run, 100 pull ups (jumping) 200, push up, 300 squats and 1 mile run. Then on Monday we are doing both an 8K and 5K races.

Cleaning out the garage is good. I cleaned out my shed a couple of weeks ago. We took the majority of it to the dump. It felt good to get everything cleaned out.

My weekend was a bit exhausting. We did the Murph workout on Saturday morning. My sister and I alternated on wearing a weighted vest. YIKES! I woke up Sunday morning and felt like I had been hit by a truck. On Sunday I went to mom's any my sister's and I worked on getting rid of a couple of raises beds that we were not using. We did lots of shoveling and moving dirt around. Yesterday I was up at 4 am to drive to a Memorial Day race where I did a 8K and a 5K. I finished 2 in my age group for the 8K. Everyone was just got medals for the 5K. I'm very tired this morning.

I am having very small kidney stones and its ttotm. Ugh. My ability to sweat is better than it has been in a long time, so even though I am suffering a bit right now, I'm actually getting better. I'm really heavy right now because of my kidneys but its water weight and that will improve. I'm taking my uricare and drinking cranberry juice and alka seltzer (which helps dissolve them.) and taking Tylenol.

Great job on your workouts Jane! Congrats on your race. You don't hear about 8ks all the time, I see lots of 5ks and 10ks, 1/2 marathons, and full marathons locally. We even have a few ultras that are held locally, one is pretty famous called the Western States 100. I can't imagine doing 100 miles, and certainly not when its hot and in the middle of summer. Although, our heat is dry, so its not as tough as in the south. I have worked in humid conditions when I lived in Florida.

Happy Monday!

I hope you are feeling better. It seems like you have everything under control.

I have been doing really good with my workouts. I feel like I am losing some weight after gaining some with the onset of menopause. I started drinking apple cider vinegar at night and I swear my belly fat diminished quite a bit unless it was just losing some of the menopause weight. It's hard to tell. My diet didn't really change.

I love 8Ks and you are right there are very few of them. I know the race director of that race and a couple of years ago he cut out the 8K and just offered the 5K. My sister and I didn't go because it was only a 5K and it was an hour and a half away. So the race director got mad that my sister and I didn't come (he is about 80 years old) and finally we saw him at another race and we told him that we liked the 8K distance so he brought it back for us. haha! There used to be another 8K on the 4th of July near us but they changed it to 5K instead so that's the only 8K I know of. I have heard of the Western States 100. I don't know how people do that. The longest I've run (and walked) is 16 miles. I would like to do a 30K because that is about 18 miles but haven't found a trail one that I would like to do.

Tonight is going to be a total body weight workout.

I took another rest day.

Yeah, I couldn't imagine doing more than a couple of hours at a time. I need to change my shoes/clothes and eat and take a potty break. (Even though I'm not in shape to do that now.)

Thats so funny that the race director added the 8k distance back for you two!

I took a rest day yesterday.

The thing I liked about the 16 miler we did, is that it was 4 loops of 4 miles. After every 4 miles we are back at the start where you could eat, take a potty break or change clothes. They also had a 50K and a 50 miler. We did one in January that was 11 miles, 33 miles and 55 miles (approximately). The people doing the longer distances brought stuff with them and set up a little camp so they could rest, changes clothes, socks, and eat. There was a time limit but most of the ultras will go on as long as people are moving forward.

There is a 6 hr., 12 hr., or 24 hr. race that was I trying to get my sister to do. It's a 1.1 mile loop that you basically run for either 6, 12 or 24 hours. I'm a bit curious on how much distance I could cover in 6 hours. The only issue is that it's in July so it would be HOT. It doesn't start until 8:30am. I would rather start at 6 or 6:30 as it would be cooler. Also I'm not sure I could run the same distance for 6 hours. Still it would be interesting. I found another one that is a little longer than 1.1, is on a trail and held when the temperatures are a little cooler. We may do that one but it would be next year not this year.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.