Job interview update

lrhollid

Cathlete
My interview in Philadelphia went very well-- thank you all for your helpful advice about the city. I'm really glad I didn't try driving downtown. The traffic was bumper to bumper, and the streets were confusing! The cab driver dropped me off at my interview with no problems. They called back the Monday after the interview to let me know they were checking references, and today, they called to arrange another interview!!! Yippee:)

L

Now that's exciting!!! Philly is a really nice town once you get used to you! I hope you get to find out for yourself! Good Luck!!!

Thanks everyone! I'm so excited-- I never thought I would make it this far in the interviews and have been trying to keep myself from even hoping. It's an assistant prof. position at a school I love, back in my home state. And it would only be two hours from my family, which I only get to see about twice a year because I live so far away.

:)

L

As another transplant who only gets to see her family once in a while (as well as a fellow ex-Pennsylvanian), I'll double the good vibes I send to you!!!

L, what do you teach?

Oh, I know what you mean about only seeing your family twice a year. We have family (my BIL and his wife and son) in Philadelphia and they only make it here, to Ohio, about once a year. I haven't been to Philly in several years either. It will be so nice for you to be close to your family again. You're in my prayers for sure!

Michele

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.