Joannie Greggains?!

wastewitch

Cathlete
Does anyone remember "Morning Stretch with Joannie Greggains"?

She was on TV in the 80's. Anyway, I randomly thought of her the other day and looked up her website. She still looks great! She has to be in her 60's now and still has the body of a 20-something. Joannie got me started on home exercise. My how things have changed - for the better!

I remember Joanie! Also, Gilad used to have a workout show back in the 1980s. I ended up buying a couple of his VHS tapes after enjoying his TV segments.

I remember Joanie! Also, Gilad used to have a workout show back in the 1980s. I ended up buying a couple of his VHS tapes after enjoying his TV segments.

I also remember Joanie....bless her heart...I was never a fan, but I remember her from the eighties.....I was more of a 30 (or was it 20?) Minute Workout girl....Lord only knows why....what was I thinking?..

I remember her and had one of her workouts. It was on a cassette tape (no VHS tapes back then) and she had a cardboard foldout of all the exercises so you knew what to do. I think it was from 1980 or 1981. That workout used to kill me.

I also remember Joanie....bless her heart...I was never a fan, but I remember her from the eighties.....I was more of a 30 (or was it 20?) Minute Workout girl....Lord only knows why....what was I thinking?..

You can get an awesome work out in less then 30 minutes! Nothing wrong with that! :)

Ha, yes. My mom had a workout book for her and a fold out poster board that I used to look at and want her leg warmers.

One thing I always liked about her was her casual but friendly way of educating her viewers about various health issues. She was like your friend that came over to workout with you in the morning.

But - those outfits! Gawd! LOL. Apparently people in the 80's had no butts or hips. All the ladies w/ the super high-cut leotards and shiny tights, and their legs were totally straight - no curves whatsoever. Maybe it was the cut of the outfits, but I always thought it looked weird.

I remember her - I had her album! One of her quotes stayed with me and wacky as it sounds, kept me from my binging/starving tendencies, she said, "you are in control...YOU Miss Owner!" Go figure something so inane, stayed with me!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.