Jillian Michaels Kickbox Fast Fix

Lovetoworkout!

I really like this Dvd a lot.....My question is to those of you have tried the dvd. Is it just me or does it seem like both sides do not get worked evenly???

I've only done the upper body workout. I too noticed that she does not work both sides. And even when she does, the number of reps is not the same, so I always count and modify! I think all of her workouts are like this. Thankfully, Cathe taught us the right way :)

Hi there,

I'm a Jillian fan and just bought this DVD not too long ago. I have done all 3 levels and would have to conclude that yes, she does not work both sides evenly. I was slightly disappointed unfortunately, especially because she has a martial arts background.

Have fun kickboxing!

Natasha

Wow. That is surprising to hear. You would think a professional would get it right. The issue could also have happened through editing. Even then, I find it rather unacceptable.

There is at least one workout of Cathe's that is uneven, the last blast in lowmax is off (I think that's the one). I always just do the last step/blast twice and change the starting leg. I love the 7th cycle so I don't mind repeating it. I am sure there are more but very uncommon in Cathe workouts! Her stuff, as we all know, is top notch!

Yeah, I did notice that Jillian doesn't always get the sides even. I always just add the extra reps at the end of the workout.

Someone on another forum said "she does not switch sides so you can maintain a good stance"... I never heard Jillian say that in her workouts but I may have missed it, it's been awhile since I've done her workouts. hmmm... uneven reps, it could be because she doesn't switch sides or I bet she's not really focused on counting since most of the time she is walking around in the workout, plus kickbox fast fix is a bit different with more people, usually she only has to focus on 2 background exercisers.

does anyone know if this workout is being sold in target or walmart? every time I go to those stores I look for it and I don't see them listed on their websites... if not, I wonder why this one isn't retail? just wondering... it's one of the things I like about Jillian's workouts...being able to pick them up at walmart for $8-$10 bucks!

does anyone know if this workout is being sold in target or walmart? every time I go to those stores I look for it and I don't see them listed on their websites... if not, I wonder why this one isn't retail? just wondering... it's one of the things I like about Jillian's workouts...being able to pick them up at walmart for $8-$10 bucks!

Yes, Target this workout, I can't recall if I've seen it at Walmart.

...Cheryl

Yes, I saw this dvd in Target.... along with many of her other ones. :)

I never counted reps on this dvd so IDK about that but what I DO know is that she doesn't switch sides when she repeats the kickbox sequence and it drives me nuts! I try to switch sides myself but if I can't mirror the instructor in a kb work out I find it extremely difficult to follow the moves correctly. I did each work out one time when I first got the dvd and haven't done it since b/c of this. Very disappointing because otherwise I enjoyed the work out and would probably reach for it often...

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.