Jergen's Self-Tanning Lotion

dogs2birds

Cathlete
I'm a bit interested in using that Jergen's self-tanning lotion because it's kind of subtle, but I just ordered a new "nude" colored VS push-up bra. It's one of those scalloped ones that is nylon/spandex and it's hand wash only. So, my question is this: if I use that lotion and let it dry well, will it come off on my bra since the bra fits pretty snug? The bra wasn't cheap and I don't want to ruin it by having it look dirty. I'd rather just be white. :) But I know me and I'll be tempted to get real sun while cycling, gardening, etc. :(

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Yeah it probably will. I know the stuff I use on my face ends up on my pillow like 8 hours after application. If you sweat even a little it'll come off.

I think what actually comes off on your bra is your SKIN, not so much the lotions...

Can you use the lotion everywhere except where your bra will be? I know it would look a little funny having a white band across your chest, but like you said, that bra was expensive! :D

Sally Hanson's spray on tan is the best. I srayed my legs yesterday, had a bath and my legs still have color. The Jergen's creme made me streaky.

Cheryl

Thanks you guys. I was afraid of that. Dallys, you're funny! I've never spent much on a bra before (Wal-Mart push-up bras is usually what I buy) but you should see what this one does to my boobs. I couldn't believe they were really mine! I couldn't stop staring at them. :p

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

Yep, the Jergens will come off on your bra. At least it did on mine. Even though I liked the color from the Jergens, the smell really got to me.

Even though the color came off on my bra, I really liked this stuff. I also use the one for face. It gave me a touch of color and it looked great on me. Any other good self tanners? I only self tan my face!
Ellen

I use the Jergen's lotion that gives you the subtle summer glo.. it is not really a self tanner .. but it enhances your own skin color (although it has to have some sort of self tanner in it) .. and it does not come off on anything ... I put it on and wait a couple of minutes and put on clothes ..

even put it own Sat. .. worked out .. and nothing came off ..

but think the self tanners are different .. ??? ..

Unfortunately, I've found that any tanning lotion will inevitably come off on your clothes...and in the summer I love to wear all white too! But if you sweat, uh-oh. So I tend to wear a lot of black bras, underwear and darker clothes so I can do the self tanner....!

And I'm a VS bra addict too!!! They do wonders!!!!
Kelly G
www.kellyg.myarbonne.com

Same here with me on the smell! I love the color but was so self-conscious about the smell all day.. I could smell it so I figured everyone else could too.

What is the face tanner like? I am looking for one of those that you put on every day as a moisturizer and it slowly gives some color.. (hopefully no smell or little smell

Deb

I have to put in a quick vote for Neutrogena's Build-A-Tan, both for face and body. The face tanner has no scent whatsoever, and the body has a very, very light pleasant scent. I couldn't do the smell for the Jergens "Daily Glo" lotion, nor the sticky after effect. The Neut. is VERY natural looking and I've not had much of a problem with it coming off on clothes, sheets, or anything. Of course, it isn't tinted and doesn't contain bronzer, so that might help.

I've also used L'Oreal Sublime, both the tinted body and the spray on kind, and while this leaves a little bit more of a feeling on my skin the color is deep and natural. The cream comes off a little bit, but the spray doesn't come off at all and goes on FAST and even.

I've ordered some all natural self-tanner (paraben free, organic, etc. ) from Nature's Gate Organics, but it hasn't arrived yet so I'll have to let you know how it works.

Good luck,
Mattea:)

I also can tell you that L'Oreal Sublime - both face and body is very good. But I still get the stuff, no matter what I use, coming off on clothes and sheets. I just use my dark sheets and dark clothes LOL!!

You gotta do what you gotta do!
;-)

>I have to put in a quick vote for Neutrogena's Build-A-Tan,
>both for face and body. The face tanner has no scent
>whatsoever, and the body has a very, very light pleasant
>scent. I couldn't do the smell for the Jergens "Daily Glo"
>lotion, nor the sticky after effect. The Neut. is VERY natural
>looking and I've not had much of a problem with it coming off
>on clothes, sheets, or anything. Of course, it isn't tinted
>and doesn't contain bronzer, so that might help.
>
>I've also used L'Oreal Sublime, both the tinted body and the
>spray on kind, and while this leaves a little bit more of a
>feeling on my skin the color is deep and natural. The cream
>comes off a little bit, but the spray doesn't come off at all
>and goes on FAST and even.
>
>I've ordered some all natural self-tanner (paraben free,
>organic, etc. ) from Nature's Gate Organics, but it hasn't
>arrived yet so I'll have to let you know how it works.
>
>Good luck,
>Mattea:)

Ugh! I have NO luck with self-tanners and just stay pretty darn white year round! I can't stand the whole rubbing off thing...
Angela

Okay - so to take this off topic...this VS bra I'm talking about just arrived. I had tried it on in the store and it fit great. Since then I've lost 8 pounds. Now, even on the tightest hooks it's a little bit too big and I plan to lose just a little more. Originally I had ordered 2 other bras from them (2 for $44 - a deal they didn't have in the store, nor did they have this particular bra, so I couldn't try it on) but they had this seam right down the center of my boobs that poked through clothing and made me look ridiculous. So I went to the VS store in town and found this one that I love which was unfortunately $45 for one. But I decided I was worth it. You can't return online orders to their stores. So...I paid shipping once of $6+ or $8+ - can't remember exactly. Then I had to send them back with a shipping label that cost me $4.95. Then they sent me the new bra and the shipping was $6+ or $8+ (don't ask me why I get these two numbers confused on the shipping). So if I send it back again, you see where we're going with the shipping and the cost of this bra. Pretty soon it's going to be the $100 bra! I wonder if I could take it to the store and say I got it as a gift (I know, lie) and get the right size. Or do they somehow have a different number on the inside? It's not like I'm screwing the company out of their product. But I am messing up their inventory. I know I'm awful for wanting to do this but the shipping is killing me! Or do I just live with the slightly bigger one and pay the price for shopping online? This is why I never buy clothing online.

Suz

Suz,
I think you've paid enough for shipping already to justify screwing up their inventory just a little bit. Holy Cow! You've already paid, at the least, $16.95 in shipping alone. I don't know about the different numbers inside issue, but I doubt it as it would probably be more hassle than it was worth. I imagine, since you only want an exchange they'll accept it.

Good luck!
Mattea

Suz,

I have ordered more from VS than I care to admit but here is something you should try ~ call their toll free # and explain your situation and how frustrated you are about paying all that shipping etc. - they will credit your account. I've done this several times but only when you ask. They are very good about it.

Hope that helps!

;-)

Kelly
www.kellyg.myarbonne.com

>Okay - so to take this off topic...this VS bra I'm talking
>about just arrived. I had tried it on in the store and it fit
>great. Since then I've lost 8 pounds. Now, even on the
>tightest hooks it's a little bit too big and I plan to lose
>just a little more. Originally I had ordered 2 other bras from
>them (2 for $44 - a deal they didn't have in the store, nor
>did they have this particular bra, so I couldn't try it on)
>but they had this seam right down the center of my boobs that
>poked through clothing and made me look ridiculous. So I went
>to the VS store in town and found this one that I love which
>was unfortunately $45 for one. But I decided I was worth it.
>You can't return online orders to their stores. So...I paid
>shipping once of $6+ or $8+ - can't remember exactly. Then I
>had to send them back with a shipping label that cost me
>$4.95. Then they sent me the new bra and the shipping was $6+
>or $8+ (don't ask me why I get these two numbers confused on
>the shipping). So if I send it back again, you see where we're
>going with the shipping and the cost of this bra. Pretty soon
>it's going to be the $100 bra! I wonder if I could take it to
>the store and say I got it as a gift (I know, lie) and get the
>right size. Or do they somehow have a different number on the
>inside? It's not like I'm screwing the company out of their
>product. But I am messing up their inventory. I know I'm awful
>for wanting to do this but the shipping is killing me! Or do I
>just live with the slightly bigger one and pay the price for
>shopping online? This is why I never buy clothing online.
>
>Suz
>
>"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains
>unawakened." - Anatole France
>
>http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Kelly G
www.kellyg.myarbonne.com:) x(

I have had problems with clothing at VS as well and I was so tired of paying all the shipping! I wrote them an email complaining about it and they actually credited my account. They will work with you if you explain to them what's going on.

Barbara

Wow! I had no idea they would be willing to work with me. My DH was shocked at the price of the bra in the first place and if he had any idea how much I've paid in shipping, making this bra over $60 now he'd have a heart attack I'm sure! :) I will call them and see if they'll work with me. Thanks so much for the advice.

Suz

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.