JenL13 - Love your arms!

Today was weight & measure today; can you believe I added 1/4" to the thigh?? UGH!! I did a lot of step last week so I'm taking your advice and reducing my step days to once or twice a month. Bummer because I really like the step. Today, I did KickMax for the first time in a long time. I did the Premix #1 which was the 4 drills and leg work. The time flew by. I think I'm going to order KPC since I enjoyed KM; I'm hoping that KPC may be a bit more difficult? I'm also going to check out Beach Body and the DVD's you suggested. I think all this time I've been going too heavy for my body type when I should be doing lighter weights.

I'm so glad to hear you're not a runner; me neither! It's way too boring. Congratulations on quitting smoking, BTW - now look at your body!

I think Figure competition they shy away from being ripped; more toned is acceptable. I'm going to check out Cindy Whitmarsh as well.

You've given me a good start. I'll be anxious to weigh and measure myself next Monday. My goal is to do no step workouts this week, which will be tough because that's what most of mine are. I do have Drill Max so I thought about reviewing the Premixes for more options. Do you like any of the premixes better than the other?

Thanks again for all the advice!

Terri

Okay, there's a post above I posted that may be getting lost, so I'm starting at this point in the thread...

I'm previewing the DVD's that you've suggested and are any of them a kickbox/circuit type? I don't even know if there is such a DVD but was just curious.

I'm interested in the Slim 6, too, but am concerned I will be bored with this. Are these pretty basic? However, I haven't done a lot of kickboxing recently, so these might be a good place to start.

Also, is most of your cardio kickboxing? Then adding in a lower body or upper body DVD with high reps/low weights?

I'm also looking at my diet, even though it's about 90% clean. I have only 2 "cheat" meals per week. I get a cheeseburger and oven fries on Thursday and then pancakes (my favorite) on Sunday morning. I may decrease my calories by 100/day and see if that makes a difference as well.

Enough rambling on my part...
Terri

I ordered the Slim Series today; I'm so excited I can hardly wait. I checked out Ebay for some of the Tony Horton DVD's. There was a person selling 11 of his DVD's that were unopened. I lost out in the bidding; I was bummed. Oh well, I'll have to add that later.

Thanks again and here's to slimmer thighs & arms!
Terri

Slim Series will be good, as I said they are "boring" compared to Cathe but they are the type of workouts that are good for our body type as she incorporates cardio w/ weights in every workout... except Firm It Up, that is all just lower body using no weights until the floor work, then you add ankle weights, I use 2.5 on each leg.

I love Drill Max, I actually think the Cardio Leg Blast is more difficult than the Drill Max as is. That is the only premix I've done but I am sure the Cardio Blast & the ultra cardio blast are tough & would be good for "our type". The cardio leg blast takes out all the upper body and my heart rate stays up more when doing that one, it's a killer. I also think the Leg Blast in B&G is tougher than B&G as is, but that is with adding the floor work on after the Leg Blast Premix is over.

Most of my cardio is either from Cathe's workouts like Drill Max, KPC, KickMax, Tony's workouts, Cindy's Ultimate Fat Burner, I have Tamilee Webb's Cardio Blast which is intermediate/advanced 30 minute Cardio. Did I post on this one all the dvd's I have??? I had posted them somewhere... maybe I should find so you can see exactly what I am using in my rotation now...

I think you may have posted your rotation in one of the earlier posts. There were a lot of workouts from Tony Horton, Cindy's Fat Burner. I'd love to see the rotation if that wasn't it.

I'm surprised that I'm feeling a little sore in the shoulders and legs from this morning's KM premix; I didn't think it was very difficult. It's probably working the muscles in different ways which is good. However, I'm also experiencing some back muscle spasms which happens when I do kickboxing-type workouts. Tomorrow a.m. I'm doing the last premix on Drill Max, I think it's the total body workout.

I have a feeling I will be bored doing the Slim Series, but if it gets results, it will be worth it. I'm still anxious to get them. I was bummed about the Tony Horton DVD's. He seems like a fun instructor.

Did you do the floor work on B&G? Did you use the ankle weights? Do you think that's "heavy" for inner thigh?

Terri

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.