Jari Love videos

Robbie Dru

Has anyone used the Jari Love dvds, I wnt to order get Ripped 1000. Any reviews on this. I have Butts and Guts is it just like that one? she gets great ratings for her dvds.

Ripped 1000 is a circuit video. It is comprised of compound exercises (that cover both upper and lower body) interspersed with short, intense cardios and short recoveries. I've only done it once so I can't really give you any more details then that. Hope this helps some.

i did this workout yesterday. it was good. its a ciruit that intersperses cardio using a step inbetween weight sessions. they have a no step option for the cardio as well. its high repetitions with low weight. it was a good workout.

I had three of the Jari Love workouts including Ripped 1000 and ended up trading all of them. At first I liked them but they wore on me and quite simply I would just rather do a Cathe workout. I guess I just got bored. While I think she is good at what she does she just didn't have the "excitement" or fun factor that Cathe brings to her workouts.

I have Jari's videos and I really like them. I didn't expect them to be like Cathe. Jari has her own strengths. I like her personality and no-nonsense approach. I also like having variety in my workouts. Sometimes Cathe, sometimes Jari, sometimes Barry's Boot Camp. Of course, ALWAYS GRACE!!! ;)

I think Ripped 1000 is a fun workout that is a good addition to a collection.

JMO!

>I had three of the Jari Love workouts including Ripped 1000
>and ended up trading all of them. At first I liked them but
>they wore on me and quite simply I would just rather do a
>Cathe workout. I guess I just got bored. While I think she
>is good at what she does she just didn't have the "excitement"
>or fun factor that Cathe brings to her workouts.

I had pretty much the same experience. Ripped 1000 was the first one I traded because I didn't like the cardio at all--felt it was really boring (but I'm one who prefers lots of choreography to strictly athletic moves). That being said, I've just preordered her Get Ripped and Chiseled DVD because I decided I'd like to have at least one of her videos in my collection (and it might as well be a new one). There are days I want a full body in an hour workout and I want more variety of those.

[font face="comic sans ms" font color=teal]***Lainie***

My fitness blog: http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html
7.gif

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- M

Hi,
I actually have all of Jari's DVDs, and I love them all. My least favorite, however, is the very first "Get Ripped" original. THe other three kick my butt!! I'm more of a strength athlete, and these DVDs help test your endurance to the max. I enjoyed them thoroughly. You can't really compare them with Cathe's workouts, as the training styles are very different. If you're looking for a fun workout by a good instructor I think you should give Jari a try.
Your friend in fitness,
FitGirl-ATX

My Blog: http://fitgirlatx.blogspot.com/index.html
Picture Trail URL: http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=fitgirl-atx

"I am only competing with the me I have yet to be..."

I like her workouts, but they're not everyone's cup of tea and quite a few people have gotten rid of them. Lately I've been doing an altered version of Ripped 1000, since I find all the lower body work can bug my knees, and she's constantly squatting through the compound work! I must say, her workouts give me great muscle definition in my upper body. Although it's hi rep/low weight, I'm able to lift heavier with her stuff than I can with the Slim Series.

I've got all 4 of the current DVDs. The first one, Get Ripped, is really only for beginners, but it is great if you're a beginner. The next one, Slim and Lean, is much more of a workout and I still do it from time to time. I really like Get Ripped to the Core because it's a compound style workout and gets a lot done in a little time. The only one I don't like is the circuit GR 1000. I did it once and really disliked it. I just haven't had time to post it on ebay yet! For circuits I stick with Cathe's Boot Camp or Drill Max both of which I love. I am curious to see how Get Ripped and Chiseled gets reviewed.

The GR 1000 and Butts and Guts are very different.

~ Ann ~
Aim for nothing, and you'll hit it every time!

Annette Bethel

I luv Jari's workouts, very compatiable with Cathe and Firms and others that you have in your collection.

There are no premixes but I think the dvds are chaptered so that you can pick and choose individual exercises.

Jari Love's excercise workouts are my second choice after Cathe's. I just preordered Ripped & Chiseled for under $10 at Amazon.com. Even though there are not premixes they are well chaptered.

Jo

I've found every one of Jari's workouts for CHEAP as in under $10.00 at Ross or TJ Max. I was ticked and refused to by Ripped & Chissled b/c it has been ready for so long but Jari refused to sell it b/c she didn't want it to interfere with the promotion of her other workouts. From what I hear, it is a lot of the same old, same old, and I expected it to be quite different with awesome music after such a long wait. I'm sure I will cave and get it when it turns up at Ross. I do like Jari's workouts for a change of pace and they are challenging in their own way. I find compound weight work to be quite challening, especially when I use the maximum weight possible while keeping good form. I also find that there are days I'm in the mood for her ultra calm and non-exciting "coaching" although the talk of carbs and calories gets a little ridiculous. I like switching things up with various instructors and Jari is one that I use. The only one I don't use is the original b/c I find it way too easy. I've loaned it to a friend and I plan on keeping it for those times I'm coming back from an illness or get pregnant and can't do as intense a workout.
Angela
Edited to answer your specific question about Ripped 1000. I found it at Ross and I like it. The cardio is nothing splashy but I find that this is a nice workout for a change of pace. The compound weight workm again, is somtehing I find quite challenging. A lot of people do not like the stretching/rest taken after every cardio segment so you could fast forward through that part. GR1000 is nothing like L&G. After a WU, Jari alternates a cardio segment with a compound weight segment ending wiht a short ab sebment.

I don't think it was Jari's decision to hold back the release of Ripped and Chiseled. It was the decision of her marketing company. Since the last four workouts were all filmed at the same time, and after seeing how the other three had a similar feel, it would stand to reason that R&C would have the same feel also.

Diane

>I don't think it was Jari's decision to hold back the release
>of Ripped and Chiseled. It was the decision of her marketing
>company.

That's what I understood as well.

I like Jari's workouts. I preordered the newest one and I have all of her other ones. I don't let what she says bother me. I just think about how good a workout my body is getting.

The Jari Love workouts are pretty good. In my opinion, it's a shame they're so inexpensive. They are high quality, well-made workouts, but Jari really "put herself on sale", as Suze Orman says. Women do that all too frequently. True, they're not as good as Cathe's workouts, but they compare favorably to a lot of the junk out there. I find that after a long break, Get Ripped is the perfect strength training WO to ease back into things.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.