January 09 rotation

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Happy New Year Everyone!
My oh my, this last month sure has been loaded with extra calories and lack of hardcore exercise for most of us. For that reason I’ve put together a rotation that will burn extra calories and body fat while increasing lean muscle mass to keep our metabolisms rev’d higher even in the downtime. Remember to give it your all !!!

WEEK ONE
Mon: Body Max 2
Tues: 35 minute walk/run interval workout on treadmill (walk one minute run three minutes). Plus segment one of Core Max.
Wed: Gym Style/Back, Shoulders, and Biceps
Thurs: Imax 2
Fri: Leaner Legs plus segment 2 of Core Max
Sat: Gym Style/Chest and Triceps plus 20 minute brisk walk
Sun: Off

WEEK TWO
Mon: Gym Style/Legs plus Core Max segment 3
Tues: 4 Day Split Boot Camp in its entirety
Wed: 4 Day Split Lower Intensity Step in its entirety
Thurs: 4 Day Split Kickbox in its entirety
Fri: 4 Day Split Higher Intensity Step in its entirety
Sat: Your favorite 45 to 60 minute Yoga or Pilates workout

WEEK THREE
Mon: Drill Max
Tues: Butts and Guts
Wed: Pyramid Upper Body Plus 20 minute run
Thurs: Cardio Fusion Plus Bonus Stabilty Ball Abs on Butts and Guts
Fri: Pyramid Lower Body
Sat: Kick Punch and Crunch
Sunday: Pyramid Upper Body -OR- a day off if you prefer

Week Four:
Mon: Cardio Kicks plus Ab Hits premix #6
Tues: Legs and Glutes
Wed: Rhythmic Step
Thurs: Gym Style/Chest & Triceps
Fri: Pure Strength Legs and Abs
Sat: Gym Style/Back Shoulders & Biceps

Last edited:
:eek:
Seeing BM2 as the first workout tis month made me drop that cookie- and real quick! :confused: So, since I dropped the cookie can I do just part of BM2? ;)

In its entirety indeed. Too funny. :D Seeing week 2 is what made me dropped the cookies.

Saundra

Last edited:
Thanks for another burner Cathe....and Traci, every time I drop, throw, eat, or toss a cookie..HEY its a workout moment.:eek:

I dont have Body Max and Drill Max (yet). What can I substitute for them?

Hi Carmen: obviously not Cathe, but I don't have a lot of Cathe DVD's so I use the "Ultimate Guide" from Cathe.com (http://www.cathe.com/question/workout_rank.htm) and pick stubstitutes in the same catagory of what I am trying to do... ie: Drill Max is considered a circuit workout... so is Boot Camp, SJP, High Steps (all of them), etc... so I would select something I have... if I don't have anything in that catagory, then I would go with something close... I don't know exactly what DVD's you have but this is where I start :) The other thing I do is go to ShopCathe.com and if I don't know what the DVD includes, I just look it up, and preview the descriptions of the workouts... then I can decide from there how I will match with the rotation to what I have...

Hope that helps...:)

Is this the "shock and awe" rotation?

I look at this rotation with trepidation and excitement! But, of the workouts listed, I only have BM2, KPC/L&G, Core Max, and 4DS. What should I substitute for the others?

This is the rest of my (small) Cathe collection:
Low Max
Low Impact Step/Total Body Sculpting
Muscle Max
Basic Step/Body Fusion
Cardio & Weights
Timesaver

and for non-Cathe I have a yoga DVD from Karen Voight and Jari Love's Ripped to the Core.

I was thinking of doing Legs & Glutes and the legs from 4DS Kickbox for some of the other leg workouts. Looks like I need to celebrate 2009 by treating myself to some more Cathe DVD's. :grin:

Thanks in advance for your suggestions, Cathe and Cathletes!

HI Wastewitch: I had to LOL at your post title! that's exactly what I was thinking when I previewed the rotation! I was also thinking that I will actually be releaved when STS arrives, as this rotation will definately kick some bootie!

with those of us who do not have the entire Cathe library it makes it really tough to do rotations of any kind, but I just try to get as close as I can to the "intent" of the workout and see what I have that comes the closest... I think that at the most basic, you could divide the workouts into a few main catagories, such as Full Body, Lower Body, Upper Body, Cardio, etc.. and see what you have that can be plugged in on that day...

I agree that my Cathe library will need to be expanded a little as I definately have a few holes that need to be filled with something! :)

HTH!

Hi Carmen: obviously not Cathe, but I don't have a lot of Cathe DVD's so I use the "Ultimate Guide" from Cathe.com (http://www.cathe.com/question/workout_rank.htm) and pick stubstitutes in the same catagory of what I am trying to do... ie: Drill Max is considered a circuit workout... so is Boot Camp, SJP, High Steps (all of them), etc... so I would select something I have... if I don't have anything in that catagory, then I would go with something close... I don't know exactly what DVD's you have but this is where I start :) The other thing I do is go to ShopCathe.com and if I don't know what the DVD includes, I just look it up, and preview the descriptions of the workouts... then I can decide from there how I will match with the rotation to what I have...

This helps a lot!! thanks.

Great idea

Hi Dani! Thank you so much for suggesting this link. I don't know why I hadn't thought of this myself. This is a great source of information to come up with a substitute workout.

Carmen....if you still need some help after viewing the chart, let me know :)

Last edited:
I have never done a rotation and would like to start this year. Is BM similar to BM2 in terms of exercises? And we have to do the whole thing??? Yikes!

Hi Mabdoo! Yes it is very similar in style and is a great substitute. Do what you can and nothing less ;) Have fun!

I have never done a rotation and would like to start this year. Is BM similar to BM2 in terms of exercises? And we have to do the whole thing??? Yikes!

I don't have the pyramids or PS or S&H but have everything else. I know there are a couple of premixes with just upper or just lower body but just not sure where they are. Is there a list of all the DVD premixes somewhere? I feel like I should be taking advantage of those!

Can someone help me figure out what I should do to replace the Pyramid and PS workouts?

Obviously the strength workouts will be next on my "to purchase" list. Of course, after my recent splurge, it's pretty much all I have left. :D Cathe, I'm pumped to be doing one of your rotations for the first time! I think it will really motivate me to know what I'm supposed to be doing everyday! Thanks for all you do!

angie

I don't have the pyramids or PS or S&H but have everything else. I know there are a couple of premixes with just upper or just lower body but just not sure where they are. Is there a list of all the DVD premixes somewhere? I feel like I should be taking advantage of those!

Can someone help me figure out what I should do to replace the Pyramid and PS workouts?

Obviously the strength workouts will be next on my "to purchase" list. Of course, after my recent splurge, it's pretty much all I have left. :D Cathe, I'm pumped to be doing one of your rotations for the first time! I think it will really motivate me to know what I'm supposed to be doing everyday! Thanks for all you do!

angie

Hi Angie:

I think that Lainie might have a premix list on her site (www.fitnessfig.com) as she has lots of great lists there... You could use the Upper (or) lower body portions as needed from Body Max and either do them twice (FitnessFreak did a lot of double duty last month on her rotations) or do that and add MIS upper/lower body portions... It's definately times like these you wish you had the $1K to buy the whole lot of Cathe's DVD's! and if I didn't have a good start already, and could pick and choose (no step for me) what DVD's would be included in the bundles I just might... :)

My suggestion for strength based splits would be Gym Styles... there are the three main ones for Back/Bi; chest/tri; legs that give you a LOT of options!

good luck and hope this helps

Thanks for the help. I just need to learn the DVDs a little better. I recently bought MOST of the Cathe collection little by little. I have Gym Styles and 4DS and almost all the circuit/total body training ones and pretty much all cardio. But somehow, I'm still missing a lot. :) But, yes, I'm with you... I'd totally like to spend the $1K!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.