I've discovered THE COOLEST SERVICE EVER!

LauraMax

Cathlete
My local gourmet grocery store has this awesome service where you can shop online, put your list in a "basket," & pick up & pay for the entire order at once. What a time saver! So convenient! Is this something new, or is anyone else using it? If anyone else is using it, why didn't you tell me sooner? LOL!

I tried out that same type of service a few years ago. I did it a few times but wasn't happy with it. I found it to be a PITA to shop online. Couldn't find things online that I know they had in the store when I would go. In addition, they often left my order incomplete b/c they didn't have something or put in a substitute w/o my knowledge that I didn't like/want. I also had to pay a service charge for a service that I didn't find adequate so I stopped using it.

I love the idea (some even DELIVER the groceries to your door!) though. If it had a better outcome for me I would have continued using it. Oh well. Glad you are happy with your store's service though! :)

We have the service available but I like to pick things up that are on sale, so I wouldn't really know that they were there if I didn't see them.

That said, if I was not between jobs, it would make sense!

Alisha

I don't do that but at least once a week I order for delivery, which is a lifesaver with three kids (especially as the littlest one likes to pull things out of the cart and toss them while he's riding in the front of the cart).

We have delivery service here. LOVE IT!!!! The online service has weekly sales to compete with the brick-no-mortar stores, as well. I order online whenever/wherever - even from my iphone. The groceries are then delivered the next day. I can shop in my pj's. They bring the groceries right to my kitchen for me. It's also great because I can order water and Pellegrino by the case and not have to schlep them myself. It is probably one of the best services ever invented!!

That service is available in my area too, but I don't use it b/c like a PP said, I generally like to go to the store myself so I can shop the sales. I also like to see/touch the food I'm buying because I typically base my cooking around what looks good to me that day or what seems to be the freshest. But I do LOVE Amazon's Subscribe & Save service for things that I am always buying, like grains and toiletries.

My local gourmet grocery store has this awesome service where you can shop online, put your list in a "basket," & pick up & pay for the entire order at once. What a time saver! So convenient! Is this something new, or is anyone else using it? If anyone else is using it, why didn't you tell me sooner? LOL!

I take it once step further and actually have my groceries delivered after ordering online!

I've done this, but I mostly use this service when we are renting a home at the shore or rent a place down at Disney, for example. One less thing to do and the food is delivered when you request it.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.