It's a girl!

Alison

<center><font size="1" color="#ff0000">LAST EDITED ON Sep-20-00 AT 04:28PM (EST)</font></center>

Hi everyone. Just wanted to post that Jessica Ann was born Wednesday, September 6 at 4:43 pm. She was 6 lbs 15 oz, 20.5 inches long. Wednesday was a little scary for a while. I was a week overdue, and was scheduled to be induced Thursday and had a routine post-due date ultrasound Wednesday morning. They found that she was in fetal distress, so they sent me right to the hospital just to be monitored. Somewhere along the line I started having contractions, and she didn't handle them well at all. The doctor said I could try reglar labor, but it would most likely be long because I wasn't dialated, risky for the baby, and very well could end up in a c-section. Or I could have a c-section right away, which is what she recommends. I had it right away, and everything turned out okay. I don't feel too bad either. The pain has stopped for the most part, but certain movements bring it back. We just love her so much, the pain is nothing.

Thanks to everyone who wished me well on the thread about inductions. This is such a wonderful group. Now I just have to wait until my follow-up check up and I finally can try the new videos.

Alison

Hi Alison!

Congratulations!! So glad you and baby Jessica Ann are doing well. You are right, once the baby is born, it was worth the pain. Isn't it a miracle!!?? I have had a baby both ways and found that I bounced back very quickly after my C-section. Enjoy your little one and take it easy getting back into your new videos.
wink.gif

DebbieH

Congratulations Alison!

Congratulations to you on your beautiful baby girl. I hope you are feeling well soon. Babies are so wonderful! Take care!
Lisa

Congratulations!

It's great that your little Jessica is here! Some routes are more painful than others, but it's so worth it!

Congratulations, Alison on you new baby girl

You'll be up and around in no time! I had one "c" section also, it took about a week before I was out puttering around the house, doing laundry, etc. Babies sure are worth it, Leslie

Congratulations!!

And don't rush yourself, even though it's tempting. Your body needs time to recover. Enjoy!!

Welcome Jessica Ann!

Congratulations Alison
happy.gif
, glad to see everything turned out fine! Hope you, Dad and baby are all enjoying your first week together
wink.gif

nancy:O)

Congratulations!

Congratulations Alison!!!

That is great- sounds like you made the right choice!

Isn't it great holding her in your arms? Just bask in that glow- it is the most wonderful feeling.

Welcome Jessica Ann

What a beautiful name to go with your beautiful baby girl. I'm very happy for you and your entire family. Life is sooooooooo wonderful, isn't it?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.