It took me 40+ min to pick a WO

Lucia A

Cathlete
Does this happen to anyone else?

I had 3 DVD'S in front of me. I was supposed to do weights next but I got my new Cathe ICE

But I already did Total body,upper, and lower body. But I don't know what weight work is in the others. Without putting them in and looking at mixes and premixes, after preview of some.....

On the other hand i'm going through my entire CIA collection - I have every one.
But it's a cardio next in line and i'm due for weights.

Finally ....after now 45 min .... i'm running out of time to go to work so I popped in " I want that Body"
with Tamilee Webb because it was 32 min total body. I then rewind and add the chest and Back. Because I like to do every body part.

Difficult to decide

I'm sorry, but that just totally cracked me up!!!! I've ended up with just being able to get the warm up done, because I've switched back and forth and couldnt make up my mind!!! Happy Monday!

Yes! Crazy right? Instead of muscle confusion, I was experiencing exercise confusion. Some days I would just give up and jump on the treadmill! It's happening less and less now that I completed STS and discovered the beauty of following a rotation. I now plan at least 1-2 weeks of workouts at a time. It's made my life much easier and since I basically like all of the workouts I have, I rarely don't feel like doing what I have scheduled.

Yes! Crazy right? Instead of muscle confusion, I was experiencing exercise confusion. Some days I would just give up and jump on the treadmill! It's happening less and less now that I completed STS and discovered the beauty of following a rotation. I now plan at least 1-2 weeks of workouts at a time. It's made my life much easier and since I basically like all of the workouts I have, I rarely don't feel like doing what I have scheduled.

I have never done STS and am one of these people that have a hard time sticking with a program, but I am seriously considering it.. I really just wanted to do the 2nd one, for muscle hypertrophy.... Hmmm, I might have to order it soon, I see more and more good things about it in this forum every day!!

Too funny! I've done the same exact thing. I've learned to look at my dvd shelf, see what's coming up and decide what to do for the next 5-7 days. I rotate all my dvd's....that is I physically move them on my shelf so nothing sits or collects dust. Once I've made my choices I write them down on a pad w/ the time for each. That way at 5 or 5:30 in the morning I'm not standing there......and standing there.....and standing there!

I find it kind of difficult to stick to a rotation because so often I want to do what I want to do! So, yes, I've stood there debating as well.

Beth

My rotation takes me through my whole collection,

but it's Virgin workouts that throw me off, because if I've never done them I want to try them out at least once.

Really tough since I have so many workouts. (Several hundred)

My rotation is simple: Weights one day, Cardio next, Weights next, Cardio next, and I mix in upper body then lower body, and of course mix circuits and AWT in too.

That's why Cathe's circuits and AWT are hard to figure out, do I count it as a weights or cardio day?

So today doing Cathe ICE Boot Camp Circuit I heavied up and called it a weight day.

I have never done STS and am one of these people that have a hard time sticking with a program, but I am seriously considering it.. I really just wanted to do the 2nd one, for muscle hypertrophy.... Hmmm, I might have to order it soon, I see more and more good things about it in this forum every day!!
I had tremendous strength gains with this program. I did off paper to allow time to adj weights etc, and many days it was 90 min...but wow, was it worth it!! If you do it, you will shock yourself as to how much stronger you become!

I had tremendous strength gains with this program. I did off paper to allow time to adj weights etc, and many days it was 90 min...but wow, was it worth it!! If you do it, you will shock yourself as to how much stronger you become!

Really???? Ohh awesome,thanks for replying, I think I'll have to make the investment then, I really want a program now to follow, The reason I do dvd's is because if I am not in a class setting or being trained myself, I won't go through all the motions..I'm horrible!! haha!! And now, even though I've previously been bad about following a whole program that contains planned workouts each day, I feel I'm ready for that discipline, my half assed, mish mosh workouts are not getting me the results I would like as fast as a structured program would. thanks again for your reply

Really???? Ohh awesome,thanks for replying, I think I'll have to make the investment then, I really want a program now to follow, The reason I do dvd's is because if I am not in a class setting or being trained myself, I won't go through all the motions..I'm horrible!! haha!! And now, even though I've previously been bad about following a whole program that contains planned workouts each day, I feel I'm ready for that discipline, my half assed, mish mosh workouts are not getting me the results I would like as fast as a structured program would. thanks again for your reply
It takes a little time doing 1RMs, but you may already know some of that. Meso 1 is messed up 1RM wise,due to long rep sets and half up, half down stuff, but you can adjust on the fly. Meso 1 is a lot of endurance work ( hated it) but sure comes in handy for the long w/os!! Be prepared to SMASH YOUR previous 1RMs!!

I have to know what my workout is going to be everyday (unless it's a rest day). That way I can get my equipment out, pop in the DVD, and be mentally ready to commit. There has been the (really) rare times when I couldn't make up my mind, so I didn't workout.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.