It looks like they found Caylee Anthony

Amy, I don't think she will be. The photos of her dancing it up & having a good old time a week after Caylee disappeared showed she has absolutely no remorse. It's as if she'd completely forgotten her beautiful little girl.

If there's justice, she won't be able to have anymore children, & when she gets to be my age she'll realize what she lost.

Actually, if there's justice, she'll be tarred, feathered & beheaded in public. :mad:

Casey Anthony and her parents have been lying to everybody -- the media, law enforcement, and the public -- since this happened. Her father knew what she did; her mother certainly knew when she called 911, and Casey knew all along. They're a bunch of wretched people to leave that child's body lying along the side of a road like discarded garbage.

I'm glad Caylee's remains have been found. Now she can be put to rest and her mother can be sent to prison -- for the rest of her life.

A very sad story made much worse by the family's lies and deceptions from the beginning. :mad:

im sitting here nursing my 2-month old baby girl who i would give my life for!

people in this world make me sick.

im sitting here nursing my 2-month old baby girl who i would give my life for!

people in this world make me sick.

When they show pictures of that beautiful little girl it just makes me want to cry. I cannot believe that a human being could do something like that. Gotta go hug my kids....sigh.

:(This is so sad and so many people would have love to have her, like her grandparents.

Or where they in on it too.:(

what selfish people

They could have given her to me. I would have found her a home if not my own. How can anyone do that? She could have left her with any police station, hospital or fire department.

I don't know...it sounds like her parents had to have known. It seems like they have been covering for their daughter now. HOW COULD THEY DO THAT THOUGH????

Such a heartbreaking story. I so hoped they would find her alive, but knew that was wishful thinking. I'm glad they found her and can put that poor baby to rest properly.

Brandi

There was a Dateline episode on this case tonight. I had heard a lot about this story, especially living in Florida, but the program pulled everything into a detailed timeline.

I am not surprised about Casey Anthony. It's clear that she's a narcissist in the criminal/sociopathic way. I am, however, disgusted with her parents. In the beginning, Cindy Anthony told her daughter that it was her own fault she is in jail because she "lied about everything." Both parents told 9-11 and the detectives that it smelled like a decomposing body in the car. But not long after, everything suddenly changed and Ms. Cindy Anthony lashed out at the media, the police, Nancy Grace, a threatening nanny, and just about everyone else for Casey appearing guilty. It's also bizarre that no one looks particularly devastated that Caylee has been missing, even if they DO believe she's still alive. Cindy Anthony said on Larry King Live a few nights ago, with a smile, that many people have told her they'll never watch Nancy Grace again when Caylee comes home. Going along with this scenario, wouldn't you be a bit disturbed not knowing who Caylee is with or what she could be enduring?

I'm simply in disbelief that not just one but both sides have been lying.

I have been following this case very closely since the beginning, and though I suspected Caylee was dead, I was very surprised that the body (presumably Caylee's) has been recovered, esp. THAT close to home (within a 3 minute walk). The whole thing has been sickening.

My theory has been that Casey accidentally killed Caylee through the use of chloroform or another drug meant to knock her out while mom partied with her friends or boyfriend. But now the reports say that duct tape was found over the mouth of the skull. :(

I can't say I fully understand the grandparents' behavior and actions, but my take on them has been that they may very well have gone truly out of their minds. As in, all rational thought process had to be shut off because they can't deal with the horror of reality. They had to believe or defend Casey in order to cling to hope because the alternative would be unbearable.

IA, seeing the video and photos of that adorable, little girl is just heartbreaking. There are so many tragic stories of missing and murdered children or loved ones, but for some reason, this one has been especially disturbing to me.

i am sorry to those that don't agree but this b**ch should get the chair. no reason for this to happen at all. i was a young 22 year old with a 2 year old toddler. yeah i wanted to go out and party b/c i was still young but you know what that is life. i accepted that i had brought it on myself and there was no reason my child should have to suffer without a mom nor would i do anything so sick just to go hang out. maybe if she kept her damn legs closed or learn what birth control she wouldn't had have to worry about a child "getting in the way". she should have taken personal responsibility 2 years ago when she gave birth and put that in her mind she was a mother now instead of being a spoiled little brat who wanted to shop and sleep around.

oh just five minutes alone with her,without any ramifications. they wouldn't have to worry about tax payers footing the bill for this little wench in prison.

kassia

The duct tape on the mouth has not been confirmed. They did release that "neck breaking," "household weapons," and "missing children" were searches on Casey's computer. Not to mention the borrowed shovels... Nothing gives me a particularly good feeling.

i am sorry to those that don't agree but this b**ch should get the chair. no reason for this to happen at all. i was a young 22 year old with a 2 year old toddler. yeah i wanted to go out and party b/c i was still young but you know what that is life. i accepted that i had brought it on myself and there was no reason my child should have to suffer without a mom nor would i do anything so sick just to go hang out. maybe if she kept her damn legs closed or learn what birth control she wouldn't had have to worry about a child "getting in the way". she should have taken personal responsibility 2 years ago when she gave birth and put that in her mind she was a mother now instead of being a spoiled little brat who wanted to shop and sleep around.

oh just five minutes alone with her,without any ramifications. they wouldn't have to worry about tax payers footing the bill for this little wench in prison.

kassia

You know, whereas there may be some truth to what you are saying, there really is no reason to resort to language like that!! "The b.. needs the chair, the little wench in prison" "five minutes alone with her without ramnifications...". Come on now!

None of us knows what really has happened, only what we have heard the media. But hey, I am sure the media never reports anything exaggerated or wrong and there is never a lynch mob who jumps to conclusions BEFORE all the facts are out. <inserts sarcasm>

I would agree from what we know so far it appears that Casey Anthony had something to do with her daughter's death. But I would also say that in my view and according to the law of this country someone is considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That being said, how many people have been wrongly convicted either in the court of public opinion or in a court of law because of appearances, faulty police work, etc. ? There is sometimes more than meets the eye.

So before you jump on the "give the b... the chair" band waggon maybe you could wait until all facts are out and she is proven guilty. And maybe you could look into some information about the fact that it is 2 to 3 times more expensive for the taxpayer to pay for a death penalty case than life in prison.

As to what other posters said about Casey Anthony's parents lying, what are they lying about?There is no indication whatsoever that her parents had anything to do with Caylee's disappearance or death. The only indication is that they love both their grandchild and their daughter and that they believe their daughter's story. Dumb or not, it after all is still their child and as a parent, I would NOT throw the first stone at my child unless there is clear and convincing evidence.

Last edited:
I did not claim that the parents had anything to do with the disappearance.

They suspected Casey, admitted to the authorities that things were odd and the car smelled like there was deceased person had been inside (the father was a detective, the mother a nurse--that's not a light assumption for people in these positions to make). Cindy Anthony called 9-11 to have Casey arrested. These claims have been recorded on video/audio. However, later they have said they never made those comments and the media is to blame.

If that isn't changing your story, I don't know what is.

I did not claim that the parents had anything to do with the disappearance.

They suspected Casey, admitted to the authorities that things were odd and the car smelled like there was deceased person had been inside (the father was a detective, the mother a nurse--that's not a light assumption for people in these positions to make). Cindy Anthony called 9-11 to have Casey arrested. These claims have been recorded on video/audio. However, later they have said they never made those comments and the media is to blame.

If that isn't changing your story, I don't know what is.

I watched the dateline report on the Caylee Anthony case this morning and Cindy Anthony just said that she was wrong about the decomposing body smell and that it turned out to be pizza that was left in the car. Is that right or wrong? I don't know. Is this a mother who WANTS to believe her daughter, I would say that's pretty likely.

As far as I know, Cindy Anthony did not deny that she made those original charges about a decomposing body smell in the car, she did however say that the media was putting words in her mouth about other things. A charge that I absolutely believe! Some of those so-called journalists are vultures who will say and do anything for a story.

I don't think there is any doubt that Casey Anthony has been lying and changing her story.

This wasn't on the Dateline report. She denied it on Larry King Live. I've also seen reports on our local news that are live feeds from Orlando.

My point is I do not understand why ANY of them are lying. The last I was aware of, the courts do not believe lying helps any case. Even if they are protecting their daughter, their granddaughter is missing or dead. How does covering for Casey help anything?

As far as the media, I am quite well aware of their ability to manipulate facts. I was about to study journalism until I discovered how news stations work. Anyone who knows me knows I never lightly accept anything--politics or journalism, or especially that despicable farce called a "tabloid." However, I am going by the parents' own recorded statements and, again, my point is, someone is covering up. Why? How does this help Caylee?

Lastly, I'm not quite sure why I have to defend my opinions on this, especially when everyone is entitled to their own. The fact is there are lies and it isn't helping anyone. My disbelief is the fact that a child is missing but it seems there is more concern about the apparent suspect. Is this wrong to think? And why do others feel the same way?

Apparently, since it is so difficult to make one's observations without having repercussions, I will cease to do so. Thank you.

I would say that no one can ever fully comprehend why people do what they do unless we are walking in their shoes. Who knows what is going through the grandparents' mind, denial, fear, disbelief, I don't know. From all reports it seems like they are hanging on to the belief that the little girl is still alive. So it would make sense to deny even to herself what she was smelling. I am not saying it is rational, it just makes sense.

I am sure they are going through a great deal of stress and thinking clearly and remembering exact events and dates may be a little more difficult than most of us can understand. Those people are under enourmous media scrutiny and I am sure it is difficult. Not to mention going through a life altering experience like the disappearance of your granddaughter. I am not sure who of us could be the rational, clear thinking individual who remembers everything that happened.

I hadn't seen the Larry King report that you were referring to, I just watched the clip now. Granted Cindy Anthony in that interview is wiggling around, saying, she had just said that there was "a smell in that car", whereas the recordings clearly prove that she had said that the car smelled like a decomposing body.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion, I don't know what I said that made you think you are not. I didn't mean to give that impression but if I did I apologize. I just gave a different perspective and I happen to not want to jump to conclusions until all the facts are rolled out in a court of law from both sides. I don't know what you mean by repercussions, you gave an opinion, I had a different perspective and I voiced it, I am really not following what the "repercussions" are.

Just because we look at things from a different perspective doesn't mean that either one of us is right and the other one is wrong. And certainly neither one has to "defend" their opinion. I don't view your opinion less valuable than mine or vice versa and I always thought that people only learn from exchanging different opinions.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.