Is anyone still doing STS?

Third round, that's impressive!

What were you physical results each round?

I'm looking to drop about 15 (maybe 20) pounds of stress weight. I'm advanced lifter, but this excess weight is, 'meh'!

I've never done it with the goal of losing weight. I am always trying (unsuccessfully) to lose 10 pounds regardless of whether I am in a program or not. But that comes back to doing the work in the kitchen! Anyway, I have had great results w/ STS--vastly increased strength. Muscle size and definition also increased. But I never saw any significant weight/fat loss. Again, my own fault. I'm not sure whether I am an advanced or intermediate lifter. I haven't compared myself to anyone. In the workout DVD realm tho I am probably considered advanced.

My current STS rotation has different goals--pull ups and glute focus. So I am trying to get to unassisted pull ups (not there yet--so maybe not advanced? The last time I did P90X tho, I did achieve that goal--but then I stopped doing pull ups!) and I do additional workouts for my glutes.

Interesting! My diet is on point, so I'm not worried about that. It's been about 5 years since I completed P90x and had fantastic results (my waist was sooooo tiny). I'm not sure how much weight I actually lost, but by the end of 90 days I was 2 or 3 sizes smaller and looked very fit.

To be honest, I should just do X again, but STS has been on my shelf forever... So far, I've done Disc 1 and 3 (loved them). Today, Im taking a break...I'm beyond sore, lol!

How much (if any) cardio do you add to your STS rotations?

I'm on week 1 of Meso 3. This is only my second time doing STS. I can't believe I've only done the program ONCE since its release!! o_O I'm already planning to do it again come February. I'm not an advanced lifter, but I'm making strength gains with STS, and I've received compliments on my physique. I'll never be "shredded" or "ripped".... it's just not in my genetics. But, I do look fit. During Meso 1, and some of Meso 2, I doubled up on strength workouts. For example, I would do my STS workout for the day and then choose the same body part workout from another of Cathe's series - LIS, CTX, and/or 4DS. I typically do 2 or 3 cardio sessions per week with STS, and I'm currently taking a "booty camp" workshop at my gym two times per week. My lower body needs extra attention. :rolleyes: I never take a rest day. :oops: I just can't.

Carol, my lower body needs the extra attention, too!

Interesting you mention doubles - that's what I'm planning on doing once I get past this initial round of DOMS. I'm walking around like Fred Sanford, at the moment, lol!

Re: Cardio
Are you doing STS or Cathe cardio? (My plan is to do CardioCoach on the treadmill, and Spinning)

Fred Sanford! LOL!! For cardio, I just pick a "cardio du jour" honestly.... it's whatever floats my boat on a given day. I like to try to mix things up so I'll do spinning, kickboxing, STS cardio, HiiT, LIS cardio.... whatever I feel like doing, but I remain conscientious about mixing things up. Enjoy the ride RobertaJJ!

I am also doing STS :) I am in M1 W2, just finished D5 today. I am like Carol, I do whatever floats my boat on this day :) I think it's my 7th or 8 round of STS since it came out :p I love STS! I would recommend doing the program as written. STS is an intense program. You get plenty weight workout with STS, JMO! If you pick the right weight and go heavy, there is no need to add another weight workout, JMO. You don't want to over train and get burned out. I don't think you would see/get the full benefit from STS. I am fried after STS :) Good luck!

RobertaJJ--I always do cardio. I'm a doubles person as well. Right now I am doing cardio approx. 5x a week. I do one of Cathe's 30 minute HIIT workouts as a doubles workout on Monday, Wednesday morning is a metabolic workout (Ultimatum which is cardio + weights) and for doubles on Wed. I do another 30 minute metabolic (kettlebell) workout, Friday morning is cardio again (for Meso 2 I am doing Crossfire and TTM on Fridays), and Saturdays is strength + HIIT/Plyo--so cardio (Edge Extreme Booty 2). I do STS M, W & Th mornings. I do other workouts in addition to these--but this is my cardio. This is for Meso 2 btw--Meso 1 was a little different and Meso 3 will also be different.

I also bike ride several times a week--short rides in the evenings and long rides on the weekends.

RobertaJJ--I always do cardio. I'm a doubles person as well. Right now I am doing cardio approx. 5x a week. I do one of Cathe's 30 minute HIIT workouts as a doubles workout on Monday, Wednesday morning is a metabolic workout (Ultimatum which is cardio + weights) and for doubles on Wed. I do another 30 minute metabolic (kettlebell) workout, Friday morning is cardio again (for Meso 2 I am doing Crossfire and TTM on Fridays), and Saturdays is strength + HIIT/Plyo--so cardio (Edge Extreme Booty 2). I do STS M, W & Th mornings. I do other workouts in addition to these--but this is my cardio. This is for Meso 2 btw--Meso 1 was a little different and Meso 3 will also be different.

I also bike ride several times a week--short rides in the evenings and long rides on the weekends.

You are quit the energizer bunny :p I got tired of reading all your workouts :D How many hours a day do you workout?

Belinda--it probably sounds worse than it is. I re-read it and I don't do both Crossfire and TTM on Fridays. I am alternating them this Meso--so last week I did Crossfire and tomorrow I will do TTM (then next Friday Crossfire and so on). But generally, I workout approx. an hour every morning; M-Th I do doubles after work which last about 30 minutes. Saturday morning my workout is usually around 90-100 minutes and on Sundays I do 40-60 minutes of yoga. And my husband and I go bike riding a few nights a week. We only ride 20-30 minutes during the week and an hour or so one day on the weekend. We are building tho. We want to take longer rides on the weekends but his quads are not ready for it yet. He complains of how his quads burn and quit at the end of every ride--including the short ones! So most days I work out 60-90 minutes.

Last edited:
LOL, that does sound a lot better :) Good for you for the double workouts :D I just don't have the energy to workout on the weekend :p Maybe it's my age? I do like to get a stretch in or take my dogs for a walk on Sunday's. Well, I do a lot of shopping too :p:D That's it!!:p Saturday isn't exactly a rest day, I do my cardio for that day:) Your poor husband :p bless his heart! You are killing him:p:D:p LOL! My husband is doing STS too. He loves to riding this bike, he would kill me:p He goes for long distance.

I just started STS again this week. My chest is still sore and I did it 2 days ago! :eek: I'm adding a second leg day with Edge Booty Extreme 2. So for example Sunday I did STS Meso 1 Legs disc 3, Mon rest, Tues STS Disc 1, Wednesday EBE 2 Weighted Legs, Thursday Cardio (Toby Massenburg), today is rest and tomorrow will be STS disc 2 Back and Triceps. I try and fit more cardio in when I have time, mostly short bouts of Hiit or tabata, but if I don't manage to get it in then I'm just doing the 1 dedicated cardio workout a week.

I've done it a few times, although I've never managed to complete Meso 3. I always wind up doing Meso 1 and Meso 2 and then moving on. The first time I did it I got two weeks into Meso 3 and bailed out of boredom. :oops: I'm afraid the low reps with LONG rest periods are not my cup of tea. This was especially true with the chest/back workouts where you do the same two exercises for 4 rounds and then those long rests...which of course is necessary but I dunno...I just didn't enjoy it. I love the Plyo Legs workouts though and use those when I'm not doing STS (along with Cardio Leg Blast and now RWH Lift it Hit it Legs...love contrast training! :D)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.