iPad2 and Apple Digital AV cable

marnold

Cathlete
Hello! I think I am ready to take the plunge and subscribe to Cathe Live. My DH and I looked it over last night and it appears that all I will need is the digital AV cable for my workout TV and my iPad2. My DH says that I do not need google chromecast nor apple tv. Is this right? Thanks in advance for your help!

Here is the adapter we are looking at:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD098ZM/A/apple-digital-av-adapter
It appears that it will do everything I need it to do.

Yes this is what I used to connect my Ipad 2. In addition to this adapter you also need an HDMI cable. Your post wasn't clear whether or not you knew this. This connects the adapter to the TV. Also, your TV needs to have an HDMI port. If you have these three items you will be good to go. I have since upgraded my Ipad so I have the lightening port and of course I needed to buy a new adapter. Ugh! They are not cheap!!

If your TV does not have an HDMI port and only video in/out ports let me know as there is a way around that. My TV in my workout area in the basement is an old Projection TV and is huge but perfect for my workouts. I had to buy and extra converter to be able to stream from my Ipad. All works good and I love it.

THANKS! I will be getting the adapter today and we have many HDMI cables and and HDMI ready TV! WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO

Hello! I think I am ready to take the plunge and subscribe to Cathe Live. My DH and I looked it over last night and it appears that all I will need is the digital AV cable for my workout TV and my iPad2. My DH says that I do not need google chromecast nor apple tv. Is this right? Thanks in advance for your help!

Here is the adapter we are looking at:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD098ZM/A/apple-digital-av-adapter
It appears that it will do everything I need it to do.

My DH just bought this cable for me this week, as I have also been wanting to subscribe to Cathe Live and had not one clue how to connect the iPad to the TV and to get it to actually work, lol. It will be so incredibly wonderful to do Cathe's live workouts! :D

Yes this is what I used to connect my Ipad 2. In addition to this adapter you also need an HDMI cable. Your post wasn't clear whether or not you knew this. This connects the adapter to the TV. Also, your TV needs to have an HDMI port. If you have these three items you will be good to go. I have since upgraded my Ipad so I have the lightening port and of course I needed to buy a new adapter. Ugh! They are not cheap!!

You are so right about the cost! DH and I had already decided that we are going to upgrade our iPads for Christmas. I have a 5S iPhone, so I was already aware that the connection port for the newer model iPad is different from what we currently have, the 30-pin connector. When my husband came home with the 30-pin connection port (and was saying to me, "let's make sure it works because these things are expensive!", I thought, "oh no!, we're getting new iPads soon!" What I decided I will do is just leave my older iPad connected to my TV and use it exclusively for Cathe's workouts. I had no plans for it otherwise, so this option is just icing on the cake. ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.