Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other

RetroFit

Cathlete
Here's a starter thread that should get the awesome RT'ers for 2013 to know each other!

Please only share what you feel comfortable with. ;)
Just copy and paste this section below, add your info and don't forget a pic!

A Photo
(attachment on this forum -so cool!)

Name / Forum Name:

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy)

Previous Road Trips

Where you're from and family (again only if comfortable)

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p

Favorite Step or other moves

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how your names associate with each other :rolleyes:

...and anything else - this is totally up to you to discuss amongst yourselves. :cool:

Last edited:
RETROFIT

Here's what I posted for mine...just to get this started :p

Photos on this forum -so cool!

Name / Forum Name:
Cynthia Smith / Retrofit

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

Gulf Coast, MS

Live with my husband and pet schnauzer Beau on the beautiful Gulf Coast in Mississippi. Note: Beau loves Cathe and knows the sound of her voice as well mine :p We all adore Cathe!

Around '99-2000
Forum: 03/04(lurk:eek:) Joined 2005

IMAX2 / KPC / 4DS followed by STS/HC/XT series

Everyone that knows me knows this - "The SUMO" followed closely by slammits and hip hop repeaters.

Mainly Cathe some other workouts are Cardio Coach, and Spinervals.

Interests include photography and most all things media / digital related; & Music like JOURNEY! Classic Rock & Country...I'm a RocknCountryGal ♫

Fun Stuff: Smile!!! I've been privileged to be around and about the Road Trip having tons of fun while capturing EVERYONE having fun by way of Photos :p Don't be shy, remember this is your time to workout, visit, take photos and get autographs & you will Work Work!!! right along with Cathe. :eek:

Attachments

• chin.jpg
    chin.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 55
  • friendlys.jpg
    friendlys.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 43
  • pinky-back.jpg
    pinky-back.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 43
  • stretch.jpg
    stretch.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 44
  • EB1.jpg
    EB1.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
here goes...

Name / Forum Name:

Mindy Engelberg / mindymindy

Previous Road Trips
2009 Glassboro
2012 Chicago

Where you're from and family

I'm from the Seattle area. I have a husband and 2 teenagers. My sister, Jodi (jodijodi), is also a Cathlete and will be there too.

Jodi got me hooked back in 2006. I've been on the forum since 2008 but I changed my id to mindymindy a year ago to match Jodi's :p

Favorite DVDs/Videos
IMAX II
C&W
4DS HIS (cardio)
Afterburn
Step Moves
LoMax
HiiT 30/30

pump repeater (boom boom boom)

Singing (barbershop mostly), playing guitar, software engineering

Attachments

• IMG_3710.jpg
    IMG_3710.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3437.jpg
    IMG_3437.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_3438.jpg
    IMG_3438.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 462317_3700902610231_587833411_o.jpg
    462317_3700902610231_587833411_o.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 555695_2894475126908_1828536521_n.jpg
    555695_2894475126908_1828536521_n.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 33
Name / Forum Name:

Jennifer Arnott/ AYLE09

Previous Road Trips

Glassboro 2010,2011,2012
Texas 2010
Disney 2011
Chicago 2012

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable)

I'm from Massachusettes, live just outside of Boston.

I wish I could say that I remember exactly, but the past is just a flurry of VHS, turquois steps and fit tv. I do remember the moment that I attempted my first Cathe step workout. My gosh, I thought I was a lost cause with 12 left feet! :confused: I'm SO glad i didnt give up on it! Amazing how far you can come if you just keep giving it your all!

First time roadtrippers- just wait until you experience that first moment when all 106 (Cathletes and Cathe) begin workout #1. The excitement is overwhelming! You'll never forget it!

Favorite DVDs/Videos

impossible question to answer... so for today i list these, but I reserve the right to change my mind tomorrow ;)
Hardcore Series (all of them!)
CycleMax and Ride
Hardstrikes
Pyramid
Lower Body Blast

hip hop repeaters, cross country, flying angels, puddle jumpers, windmills... the list goes on...

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts[/B

I've always said that i have a love/hate relationship with running and this is still true. I love writing, creating things, home decorating projects and organizing just about anything :) My favorite thing of all is just hanging out and chatting with favorite friends :)

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other

...and anything else - this is totally up to you to discuss amongst yourselves.

I LOVE music! Anything that will get my blood moving! Madonna, P!nk, Gwen Stefani and Gaga are among my favorites. I dont actually play any instruments, but throughout my life i've dabbled in lessons on trumpet, flute, piano, guitar... lol... havent quite found my niche, but i like to give everything a try.

I love the attached pic from Disney... I don't remember what Mickey was trying to get us to do, but i think the look on Cathe's face sums up the fact that her roadtrips are packed full of good times and good laughs (((group hug)))

Attachments

• DSCN0845.jpg
    DSCN0845.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 43
  • cathedisney.jpg
    cathedisney.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 53
Here is mine!

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)My avatar is me with Cathe on one of the road trips.

Name / Forum Name:Barbara Paola - Barbara P (I'm so original)

you can PM me but I'm listed under my full name on Facebook for easy look up!

Previous Road Trips

New York City 2009 - well not really a road trip just a morning event in Manhattan with Cathe to kick off the Eggland tour
Glassboro 2010, 2011, 2012 and now 2013!

I'm originally from Western NY (and on my first RT found out that I graduated from High School with one of the die-hard Cathelete's brothers! and she lives in the town where I grew up...) I live in CT now.

I'd heard of her for a few years from the Collage catalogs. I got a home computer in May 1996, found Videofitness.com immediately and saw all the Cathe raves there. I bought my first Cathe tape soon thereafter - Power Max. So I've been doing Cathe for 17 years? eeek. I think I've been a forum member since the beginning but it says join date 1999...I am sure it was before that though.

Favorite DVDs/Videos

Power Max is the sentimental favorite. Also love Rhythmic Step, the entire STS series, Xtrain, lots of others, oh who am I kidding. I own 'em all including her first from 1989 (??) and love them all.

Love the ricochet and the pendulum...and lots more.

I started exercising in 1980 as a swimmer. I still swim 5-6 days a week. I also run a few days a week. And of course do Cathe (yes sometimes all in one day. Frequently all in one day. I may be old LOL but you can't keep me down!) I own probably 300-400 workouts which considering this isn't my "main" form of exercise, I guess that's a lot!

Fun Stuff:
I live in CT with my DH of almost 28 years and our 21 year old son (well his virtual 21st birthday is this month. He doesn't actually have a birthDAY this year). He is a junior at St. John's University in Queens, New York City.
We also have 4 cats. I worked for a major insurance company in Hartford for 35 years and am retired. but I work at Macy's part time as my "fun" job. haaha keeps me out of trouble.

Can't wait to see all of my Road Trip friends and meet some new ones!

I'm not very good with computers so wasn't able to figure out how to cut and paste -- who wants to hold a "Cathe Forum User's Guide" at the RT for people like me! hahah

Name: I'm Mare Eichmann. Currently live in North Carolina, moved here about 7 yrs ago from Philadelphia -- fun town!

RT: 2012 was my very first RT. Been working out with Cathe since 2006 but never thought I would be able to keep up. Finally gave it a shot and now I'm going again this year:)

Fav DVD: So far it is X-train and LIS.
Fav move: Have to agree with a lot of you ladies and say the hip-hop!! That is sooo much fun:) I like other moves but don't know their technical names:(

Other interests: music - all but rap and jazz; sorry if I hurt anyone's feelings; movies -- yes, I'm a "twi-hard" (Twilight Series Fan); love action movies the best.

Wish List: wish I had more time to work out; plant a vege garden; do crafts; learn construction tasks -- breaking through walls and creating inbuilt shelves, etc.

Attachments

• Cathe Road Trip 2012 016.jpg
    Cathe Road Trip 2012 016.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 39
  • 7679331504_ab5542fb91_s[1].jpg
    7679331504_ab5542fb91_s[1].jpg
    6.8 KB · Views: 223
  • Cathe Road Trip 2012 023.jpg
    Cathe Road Trip 2012 023.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 32
  • Cathe Road Trip 2012 038.jpg
    Cathe Road Trip 2012 038.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Cathe Road Trip 2012 015.jpg
    Cathe Road Trip 2012 015.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 37
A Photo: I need to get one of those ;)

Name / Forum Name: Georjann Lee / Georjann
I also go by "G" and "Red"

Email Address / FB Address: [email protected] I'm on Facebook too Georjann Robinson Lee

Previous Road Trips: 2012 Glassboro my first and now 2013

Where your from and family: I'm from Birmingham, AL ROLL TIDE! ;) I occasionally pull for Auburn too but this past year I was more of a bama fan.
I'm married - 11 years with 2 kids Andrew - 6 and Madison - 9. I, like Cynthia, have 2 schnauzers that enjoy chasing my feet while I do slide and glide work out and when I use paper plates.
Last year my mom came with me to Glassboro and she loved it. She'll be back next year tho.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership: I found Cathe on FitTV after I had Madison 9 years ago. I'm 100% Cathlete and I don't workout with anyone else :) Until last years RT my husband thought Cathe was a robot and couldn't be real seeing her workouts she was doing. She never stops ;)

Favorite DVDs/Videos: This is always a hard one when I'm asked this question. I love ALL her workouts. It's so hard to decide from month to month what series I want to do cause they're all my favorite.

Favorite Step or other moves: I like step but my feet can't handle it though so I prefer her boxing, KPC, and now Cycle Max and Ride for cardio. I will sometimes get out some step videos but I'm reminded why I don't. My feet can't move like they did at 13-20 years old

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: I only do Cathe workouts. I'm not a big runner cause I always think I run like Rachel on Friends episode when her and Pheobe are at the park running together :) I love playing with my kids outside and XBox games. My son and I like putting together legos with each other. He calls me the "Lego Queen"

Fun Stuff:
Hmmmm....I love the group Chicago. I flew to California just to see them for my birthday a few years ago. I try to see them in concert as often as possible. I love going to Gulf Shores, AL to The Little Zoo That Could to play with their tiger cubs. I'm the pickiest clean eater I think possible so any suggestions on variations to cook the same old thing would be great :) [/I]

Attachments

• Georjann Lee.jpg
    Georjann Lee.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 26
Name / Forum Name:
Catherine Harris/Fitfairy

Previous Road Trips

2007, 2008 & 2009

Kentucky
Married for 16 years and have 2 fur babies

I believe the firm forums

Favorite DVDs/Videos

IMAX2 is my favorite step
STS for strength

Slam its!!!!!
Hip hop repeater

Fun Stuff:
This will be my first RT in 4 years. It's been a rough 4 years. Had back surgery for a herniated disc that didn't work the way it was supposed to. I suffer from chronic nerve pain in the left leg, but have done my best to battle back and am now doing more than I ever thought I would. More than the exercising, I am looking forward to seeing my dear friends that I have missed soooooo much!!

5854-n1106084518-30355456-1624311.jpg

5856-6128-1192815536311-1106084518-30594100-6345728-n.jpg

5855-6089-138377878134-631488134-3294606-7371049-n.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a starter thread that should get the awesome RT'ers for 2013 to know each other!

Please only share what you feel comfortable with. ;)
Just copy and paste this section below, add your info and don't forget a pic!

A Photo There are a few below

Name / Forum Name: Melissa/ Ly10up frequently called MGD as well.

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 Glassboro and Chicago, 2013

Upstate NY, just outside of Rochester.

Would you believe the Tae Bo board?. I was in search of a strength training video, and a friend on the board suggested Muscle Max by Cathe, Who's Cathe? I asked. Well. I bought Muscle Max, and here we are.

I LOVE Body Max 2 and LIC. Imax2 is another. I adore Ride and CycleMax, STS is the bees knees. KPC, too. Step Blast always makes me smile, as does Cardio and Weights. Butts and Guts almost killed me, so it will always have a special place in my heart.

Hip hop repeater, Mambos, Jab, Cross, Hook, Upper, Pop, Pop, Duck , Beating the snot out of a heavy bag in Hard Strikes

I love to golf, kayak, canoe, and swim. I also enjoy home improvement projects, which is good, as we have been improving our money pit for 11 years.

Fun Stuff:

I have a passion for Broadway musicals and a craptastic voice, so my family greatly suffers with each airing of Funny Girl or Les Mis. I have the funniest 9 year old around who is single handedly the cause of these "laugh lines" I have been married for 13 years to a very patient man, and we have a chocolate lab named "Blu" who wrote the book on ill behavior, but has cornered the cute market.

This will be my 7th road trip, and I can not even begin to capture all the incredible memories and friendships forged in past years. Here's to the next bunch.

And lobby parties start 30 minutes after the buses land. All are welcomed, That is all. :eek:

Attachments

• lobby party.jpg
    lobby party.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 28
  • bag ladies.jpg
    bag ladies.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 29
  • 550027_10200542707559256_1446226210_n.jpg
    550027_10200542707559256_1446226210_n.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 555296_10200370679413514_678107046_n.jpg
    555296_10200370679413514_678107046_n.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 27
  • pinky and Cyn.jpg
    pinky and Cyn.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Name / Forum Name: DebbieH

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy):

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips:

2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, Chicago 2012 & now this year 2013!

Where you're from and family (again only if comfortable):

I live in NE Ohio and have lived here my whole life. I'm married to my BEST friend, Dave for 41 years and have two children: Julie who will be 40 this year, her hubby Scott and their 3 lil' one's, Kennedy(12), Colton(9) & Cooper(5) who call me Nana & our son, Jonathan who will be 35 this year. Any of you have a sweet daughter who lives near Nashville??? Ha!

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership:

I found Cathe in Shape magazine back in December 1999. I saw her cute hairdo and cut the pic out for my hairdresser. I decided later I should go look this girl up and the REST IS HISTORY! I'm sooo thankful for Shape Magazine! :)

Favorite DVDs/Videos:

I have EVERY DVD that Cathe has put out, and, if I am completely honest, I LOVE each one! It's hard to pick favs but if I had to: STS is a MASTERPIECE! (Lost track of how MANY times we've done it!) Never have I ever been able to get Dave to exercise with me till STS! And, now I have him hooked on XTRAIN weights!

I lOVE Imax2 for it's music, fun, fun choreo & of course, Cathe's cute pigtails! :D

I love LI HIIT, LowMax, To The Max, CrossFire, the Pyramids and ALL the others too! Oh wait, how could I forget Cycle Max! Yep, love that one too!

Favorite Step or other moves:

Of course, the Hip-Hop Repeater!
"Drop-Squat-Box Step-Cha-Cha to other corner"
Mambo Cha-Cha's (Esp with the turns!)
Triples Around the Board
Pendulums

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts:

I teach Hi/Lo Aerobics with Muscle Endurance Weight Work and have the BEST students/friends! We have so much fun together in class and going out to lunch after! :) I love to jog, but not in cold weather, so being I'm in Ohio, it def is a limited activity.

Fun Stuff: Share a little something about yourself with the group to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other:

I LOVE to read, cross-stitch, go to the movies EVERY weekend, play games/cards with family/friends & we have a wonderful church with the best pastor! He's amazing!

I ordered my very first Cathe video, YES, they were videos back then, on December 18, 1999! MIC! (the one that had the CUTE hairdo! :)

I can't wait to see all my "oldie" friends at the RT and to meet all you newbies! Be prepared to have the time of your LIFE! Be sure to rest up before you get there cuz it's one whole weekend long of NONSTOP FUN!

Last, but not least, I'd like to thank Cathe for giving and sharing her talent with me! I try to think back "BC" (Before Cathe) and wonder what I did to make my fitness workouts fun? The fun did not start till AFTER Cathe! THANKS MY SPECIAL FRIEND for who you are & what you do! You're the BEST!

SEE YOU ALL IN JULY!!!!! <3

Attachments

• Unsaved Preview Document.jpeg
    Unsaved Preview Document.jpeg
    28.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 8773_4993455163237_1647072420_n.jpg
    8773_4993455163237_1647072420_n.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 32
  • 205949_2270987383244_3818429_n.jpg
    205949_2270987383244_3818429_n.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 523181_2874998880014_1751620246_n.jpg
    523181_2874998880014_1751620246_n.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 598616_3158712612680_1668180768_n.jpg
    598616_3158712612680_1668180768_n.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Name / Forum Name:
Michelle / Laketime

I am on FB. [email protected]

Previous Road Trips

2010 - San Diego. 2012 - Chicago and Glassboro

We live in the suburbs, west of Chicago. My daughter is an Iowa Hawkeye and my son is in high school. Both will be graduating this spring, plus my husband & I will be celebrating our 25th anniversary....a big year for our family!

I started with Basic Step around 2006 and found the forum when the set with DrillMax was released. My first preorder was 4DS.

Enjoy them all. Recently been loving XTrain, but trying to fit in other favorites like Crossfire, PUB and HiiT Pyramid.

I'm not great at step (as evidenced by a picture from last year's 15 Minutes of Fame :eek:), but I give it my best shot. I love kickbox and drills.

I enjoy running - more so in the spring/summer/fall; I ran my first half marathon last fall with my son, and we're signed up for another one next fall. I also enjoy travel (which I do quite a bit of in my job) and red wine. So, no surprise, some of my best trips have been to Napa ;)

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group and to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other :rolleyes:

I love all kinds of music, but have a soft spot for Jimmy Buffett. Started attending his concerts right after college and started taking the kids over the past few years....recruiting the next generation of ParrotHeads. :cool:

Attachments

• Cathe & Michelle at breakfast 02.jpg
    Cathe & Michelle at breakfast 02.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 158
  • 2012-Chicago.jpg
    2012-Chicago.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 2012-Glassboro 2.jpg
    2012-Glassboro 2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 2012-Glassboro 1.jpg
    2012-Glassboro 1.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 29
HI!

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)--Hopefully at the end of this post!

Name / Forum Name:Christy Arthur--rnrdoc

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips--2008--Glassboro!

Originally from Manassas, VA, but now from Roanoke VA

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership--
I originally started working out with Cathe in 2001 after getting Rhythmic step--then I branched out to the Body Blast Series, and I WAS HOOKED. I joined the forum sometime around then as a "lurker"--started posting in 2008. Took some time off to have twin boys in 2010, and got back into exercising in earnest again in 2012!

Favorite DVDs/Videos
To the Max is my current fave, also LOVE Step Blast, and Boot Camp. Have to say I love step, and kinda like kickboxing, and am falling in love with weight training! Ha ha!

Love ANYTHING with the gliding discs. Reminds me of Risky Business--sliding across the floor in socks!

Spending time a the playground with my boys (and also adapting the monkey bars to be pull up bars when I think no one is watching). Walking and hiking with my dog, and spending as much time with my husband as I can.

Fun Stuff:
I come across as very clean-cut and well-mannered (well, I think I do at least)! But, I LOVE downloading the current pop songs with explicit lyrics--NOT the radio edits, and rocking out to them on the treadmill--am I alone here? Ha ha!

Attachments

• family at christmas.jpg
    family at christmas.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 35
Name / Forum Name: Melissa Hale / Sissy1983

Email Address / FB Address: [email protected]

Previous Road Trips: I am a Newbie!!

Where your from and family
I am from Greenfield Ma

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership:

I have been doing Cathe workouts in my basement since I was about 15years old. I use to go to the gym and do step classes with my sister growing up and really liked them. I found Cathe through the internet somehow and I became hooked. I think my first VHS was powermax. I have been on Cathes forum since 2003 and probably before that!

Favorite DVDs/Videos
I am in LOVE with STS!! I wasnt sure about buying the system but I am glad I did!! I also love bodymax 2 and LIC series. I bought Xtrain and I will be embarking on that journey soon. O course the spinning dvds...I LOVE THEM ALL!! how can i pick????

Favorite Step or other moves: Gotta love the drop sets and the 21's!!!!! I also love Cathes choreography cant pick just one.....FIREWALKERS!!!!

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts:
I teach aerobics at the local YMCA. my favorite class to teach is step but unfortunately the old school free style step is going away with pre choreographed classes. Nothing better than changing up the workouts!! I have 2 children 2 and 5, so there isnt a lot of time for hobbies. We love hiking and bike riding.

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_1645.jpg
    IMG_1645.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 19
[FONT=&quot]A Photo [/FONT][FONT=&quot](attachment on this forum -so cool!)
My avatar

Name / Forum Name:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Jann Rabin /Jann [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy)
firmiejann at yahoo.com

Previous Road Trips
My first time!

Where you are from and family (again only if comfortable)
I live in Maryland. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I also have a wonderful mini schnauzer, Reggie. I am married with two grown boys. My oldest is married and he gave me a granddaughter last year. I am a proud granny!
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
I found Cathe through the yayas. I was looking for a way to exercise on the road. I use to travel a good bit with my job (I am retired now) and having a workout DVD to play in my laptop helped me keep up with my exercising. There were not many DVD’s back then. I have always been the queen of modifying! Not being able to carry weights with me on the air planes, I used to take water bottles outside fill them with stone and water and bring them to my room. I actually took the legs off of an ottoman in my hotel room once to use as a step!! I put them back on before I left! ;)

Favorite DVDs/Videos
C:\Users\Jann\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.gif

I love all strength all the time. I really find it hard to do cardio. I can do easy step moves, any twirling, jumping or complicated foot moves… I tend to smile and do knee ups. :)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My favorite DVD’s are the Pyramids and STS.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Favorite Step or other moves[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
I love to lift weights!
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
Gardening! I am currently taking classes to become a Master Gardener. I find gardening to be calming, relaxing, and meditating. I get so much satisfaction out of seeing my creation.

Fun Stuff:[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Everyone will be able to recognize me; I am the old lady with the long gray hair, it’s my natural color. ;) [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I talk to Cathe all the time while we workout. I also say hi to everyone when she introduces her crew. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Oh – I am a Bon Jovi gal![/FONT]

My Who's Who Page

Name / Forum Name: Lorrayne Schaefer / Lorrayne

Previous Road Trips: I'm a veteran road tripper. I've been to every single Glassboro Road Trip (Both VF and Cathe dot com) since the very first one back in June of 1998. Well, I did miss the 2010 Glassboro road trip but went to the San Diego one instead. :p

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable): I live in two loations; San Diego and Virginia. You gotta do what you can to pay the bills....

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership I found out about Cathe on Video Fitness newsgroup (before the Web was popular).

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p I think my all time favorite now is Slide and Glide

Favorite Step or other moves I love hip hop repeater, slam its, and rhythmic L.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts I love to travel, read, healthy cooking, and do counted cross stitch.

Fun Stuff: I love to find cheap flights and great rates for splurge resorts. It's a hobby of mine. I also love collecting healthy recipes and cookbooks. Lastly, my personal goal is to hit my first million miles on United Airlines by the time I'm 50.

Group picture of the first Cathe road trip in June 1998 (yup, this pic shows everyone who went):
46290_142769615761644_2559881_n.jpg

A Photo
Photo from last year's Glassboro RT.

Name / Forum Name: Teresa/FitChick25

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy) [email protected], Teresa Blandino Laffin on FB

Previous Road Trips 2011, 2012 both Glassboro

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable) I am from Poughkeepsie, NY and currently living in Wappingers Falls, NY with my husband Brett of about 4 1/2 years. We have one tabby kitty named Mocha. I'm a CPA and am currently the controller of a community hospital, and my husband is a physical therapist.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership I learned about Cathe from the Firm Ya Yas forums in 2005. My first Cathe workout was Imax 2, and I could barely make it through the first 10 minutes on my first try! But I kept going and haven't turned back :) Lurked on the forums for awhile, and joined in 2009, I think.

Favorite DVDs/Videos This is hard, but my favorites are Drill Max, Athletic Training, and CrossFire.

Jump Freeze, Leap Frogs, Hip Hop Repeater, Step Slams

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts I love traveling, anything involving Italy, fashion, Agatha Christie mystery novels...

Fun Stuff:
On my first road trip, I was shaking like a leaf the first time I met Cathe at the Meet and Greet on Friday night. It was ridiculous when I really look back on it. When Cathe took to the mic and was chatting with everyone afterwards, she said something to the effect of "It's so fun to see the excitement of first time Road Trippers and all the nervous energy. One girl was shaking so much she almost knocked me over!" I am 99.9% sure that girl was me lol! :p

Attachments

• 7679297866_d5de185914_o.jpg
    7679297866_d5de185914_o.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)

That's me in my avatar. No.... srsly.... it is. ;)

Name / Forum Name:

Shelley / allwildgirl

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips

2005 was my only one.

Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. I have an SO, a 15 yo DD and two big furry dogs.

An article in Shape magazine long ago introduced me to Cathe's workouts and I just found the forums eventually.

I'm a Certified Personal Trainer and just love to work out. It keeps me sane!

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how your names associate with each other

I crashed the server. I believe that's all you need to know. :p Oh, and I hate Nickelback with all my being.

Name / Forum Name:

Julia/jjhappymom

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips
2007 & 2009 (I watched a lot live last year though! does that count?!)

I live in Northeast CT, been married to my husband for 23 years and we have 2 daughters age 13 and 17. My "third born" is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel named Eddie (my avatar pic in his younger years:) ) We have chickens (pets that produce yummy fresh eggs) 2 indoor cats, 3 guinea pigs and 2 fish.

Through Fit TV

Favorite DVDs/Videos
Rhythmic Step (it was my first step that I did ever and the first one I mastered. I will always treasure those days of frustration! I knew I could only get better and I knew I wouldn't run over anyone in the process.
Step Blast, IMAX, I am getting to LOVE XTrain, Pyramid UB & LB, Stretch Max and Drill Max is a yummy for me!

Cross country!, Hip hop repeaters, pendulums, and over and backs (what are they called?!)

Family time outside hiking is my favorite, quilting, basic-knitting (I just learned how to cable recently and loved it!), home dec projects, volunteering for my kids summer camp in arts and crafts, volunteering for Camp Care-camp for kids with special needs & baking.

Fun Stuff:
Music: Love Jeremy Camp, Third Day, Britt Nicole, Switchfoot, Passion, TobyMac
I have a twin and unfortunately, she won't be joining me this year... maybe next time!

Attachments

• 48105_433249513361513_1088765263_n.jpg
    48105_433249513361513_1088765263_n.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 26
  • 398850_3837434143434_2070471203_n.jpg
    398850_3837434143434_2070471203_n.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 48105_433249516694846_606817262_n.jpg
    48105_433249516694846_606817262_n.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 30
  • Table of Pampered Women Saturday2.jpg
    Table of Pampered Women Saturday2.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 30
love reading these thanks for starting!!

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)

Name / Forum Name: Carolyn Girard

Previous Road Trips: omg I can't remember years, mommy brain but been to 2 (2010, 2011) and will be going again this summer yeah!!

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable) Born and Raised in Queens NY and Long Island, had my first home in Port Washington NY and second in Sayre PA just outside of Elmira NY.....my final destination I hope is where I am now just outside of Atlanta GA (Suwanee)

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership; AFter moving to Sayre PA, the middle of nowhere and literally not a gym close by I thankfully came across (my husband called me in to see what was on fittv, a boot camp by our lovely Cathe....I was amazed at the intensity of it all, I loved it so ordered it and now the rest is history. I guess I discovered her 8 years ago! I had no idea she had a website and road trips til 4 years ago (da!) I remember seeing on the back of her dvd's NJ, and thought how cool to maybe visit her gym one day! now to say I have and actually did cycle max with her seems like a dream!!!:rolleyes:

Favorite DVDs/Videos: hmm......slow and heavy always gets me good, but I do love body max the music (Jessy's Girl) fun to step to keeps me singing all day, but loving the new Cross Train!
please I love them all

Favorite Step or other moves: mambo cha cha and reverse mambo, shadow box, disk work on the floor works the core like crazy!!

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: I am not in love with running, done a marathon a few years ago, now just run for a mind and body break, to smell the fresh air and see nature! I used to throw in alot of P90X but not so much anymore, I am a retired gymnast so I was taking an adult gymnastics class where I am able to still do backhandsprings, lol I am not going anymore b/c he had me doing front tucks off the balance beam god help me felt too dangerous, lol. so now I just do gymnastics in the yard for fun with my 8y/o little gymnast.

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how your names associate with each other

I like to walk on my hands! as some of my buds know I can move one eye while keeping the other one still, lol I am also known for running out of a Cathe class for a few bathroom "breaks" if a jump rope is involved:confused: I love up beat music, Pitt Bull, Beyonce, and even eminem. I love love all Rocky movies and any Sylvester Stallone movie. But all in all I love hanging with my 4 kids watching them play soccer and do gymnastics. I married my college sweetheart 14 years ago! He does Cathe videos when he can, it actually has helped with his fight against MS. He got to meet Cathe and actually when he went to give her a hug, not sure if she remembers or Cyndi or Deb remembers almost knocked her over, but she was strong enough obviously to keep upright !! Which reminds me our sweet Cathe waited until my husband came to pick me up after our cycle max dinner instead of letting me stand there alone. Thanks!!! Can't wait to meet up again this July!!:cool::cool:

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.