Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other

RetroFit

Cathlete
Here's a starter thread that should get the awesome RT'ers for 2012 to know each other!

Please only share what you feel comfortable with. Just copy and paste this section below, feel free to add more lines and don't forget a pic! :D

Chicago Cathlete Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other:

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)

Name / Forum Name:

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy)

Previous Road Trips

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable)

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p

Favorite Step or other moves

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group and to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other :rolleyes:

...and anything else - this is totally up to you to discuss amongst yourselves. :cool:

You get out of it what you put into it....hmm where did that come from?:p

RetroFit - a little about me ;-)

Hello All - It's so exciting to be going to Cathe's Road Trip!

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool! - Below)

Name / Forum Name:
Cynthia Smith / Retrofit

Email Address / FB Address
[email protected]

Previous Road Trips
2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Gulf Coast, MS

Live with my husband and pet schnauzer Beau on the beautiful Gulf Coast in Mississippi. Both children are on their own, youngest is at the Univ of Chicago. Note: Beau loves Cathe and knows the sound of her voice as well mine :p We all adore Cathe!

Around '99-2000
Forum: 03/04(lurk:eek:) Joined 2005

IMAX2 / LoMax / 4DS / CM & LIS followed by STS/HC series (ALL) :rolleyes:

Everyone that knows me knows this - "The SUMO" followed closely by slammits and hip hop repeaters.

Other workouts are Spinervals, Cardio Coach and FIT by Tracey and a smidgen of Beach Body...

Interests include photography and most all things media / digital related; & Music like JOURNEY! Classic Rock & Country...I'm a RocknCountryGal ♫

Fun Stuff: Smile!!! I'm privileged to be around and about the Road Trip having tons of fun while capturing EVERYONE having fun by way of Photos :p Don't be shy I'm one of you :eek:, remember this is your time to workout, visit, take photos and get autographs with Cathe.

I'll do everything I can to help you take these awesome memories home. :rolleyes:

Attachments

• Pinky-group.jpg
    Pinky-group.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Jodi-Mindy.jpg
    Jodi-Mindy.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 30
  • Cat-musclepose.jpg
    Cat-musclepose.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 24
  • Jodelle-Cyn.jpg
    Jodelle-Cyn.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 24
  • Cathe-RTgroupcenter.jpg
    Cathe-RTgroupcenter.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
Thanks for starting this. I will have to start memorizing all of this now. Good for my brain, right?

Name / Forum Name:
Susan / SusanZabo

Previous Road Trips
NONE!

I am from the Chicago suburbs, been here all my 38 years. I have been married for 17 years (well I will be in April) and have 2 daughters ages 7 and 9. We also have 2 dogs, one Cavalier King Charles/Pekignese mix and on purebred Cavalier

Found her on Collage nearly 3 years ago. I wish it didn't take so long!

Favorite DVDs/Videos
Low Max, Rhythmic Step, Step Blast, Cardio and Weights (it was my first!) These have no dread factor ever!

So many! Kick box repeaters, hip hop repeaters, that 'long reach'/repeater in Low Impact Challenge.. I guess I like repeaters. I also like the Charleston kick on the step.

I love to cook

Fun Stuff:
Well, I love to cook and work out. My whole life is making calories and burning them off. Not too funny/witty.. but it really just says everything there is to say about me :)

Oh one more thing, I eat pretty clean every day, all day long. Limited to no processed food. I even make homemade beans and corn tortillas, to name a few of the crazy things I feel compelled to make. But, I CANNOT give up my ice cream. I have a bowl nearly every night. More calories consumed to burn off in the morning.

Name / Forum Name:
Jen W. Epcot Chick

Will provide in a PM upon request. I'm not on Facebook, but I am on LinkedIn.

Previous Road Trips
N/A

I am from the Southwestern Suburbs of Chicago. My husband is from the North West of England. My son was born here. He is 10 and he is an Aspie. :)

My husband bought me KickMax for Christmas of 2006. I lurked sporadically before joining last year.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
Right now, I'm loving Step Moves, Athletic Step, Circuit Blast, Intensity and STS. (I LOVE the music is Shock Cardio!)

The 6 count mamba with 3 steps on the step and 3 steps on the floor from Step Moves. I hope I've articulated that properly!

I love visiting Disney World, travelling to the UK, and creating vegetarian meals.

I also workout with Jari Love, Amy Bento, Ilaria, and Tonique (Sylwia).

I recently graduated from UChicago. I am an (unemployed) Administrative Social Worker who specializes in health policies affecting Older Adults. FUN. :eek:

Fun Stuff:
I guess a little something about me is I met my husband in a Yahoo! chatroom (Remember when Yahoo had those?) in 1999. I know this doesn't seem like a big deal today, but this was quite radical back then. I wasn't even looking for anyone, it was just a regular chatroom. My mom thought I was crazy!

I listen to alternative rock and electronica/dance music.

My favorite quote is "Fortes fortuna adiuvat." or "Fortune favors the Bold." :)

Attached are pictures from my Master's hooding in June.

Attachments

• reception2.jpg
    reception2.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 26
  • hooding 1.jpg
    hooding 1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 19
  • reception3.jpg
    reception3.jpg
    11 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Name / Forum Name: Sherry M./UNLVCrjChick

Email Address / FB Address - [email protected]

Previous Road Trips

Disney 2011

Where your from and family

Las Vegas

Introduced to Cathe via Internet in 2003 (I think a basic Internet search)

Favorite DVDs/Videos

Step Moves, Step Blast, IMAX 2/3, Intensity, Cycle Max, Body Max 2, CTX, etc. (too many!)

Peg leg pivot, and mambos/cha chas

Turbo Fire, Jari Love, Mindy Mylrea, but 95% of the time I work out to Cathe!

Fun Stuff:

Favorite music: Madonna first and foremost, Pink, pop

I'm not really good about talking about myself, which is why this section is so short, ha.

Last edited:
This is a great idea!!

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!) Attached

Name / Forum Name:
Laura Kinne/Syrsteel

Previous Road Trips

0, this is my first one and I am so excited!

I moved to Holland, MI 5 years ago. I'm originally from the Syracuse, NY area. My son is 13, I'm a single mom and I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years. My boyfriend gave me this RT for my birthday present.

I found Cathe in 2005

Favorite DVDs/Videos

STS, Kick Max, Kick Punch & Crunch, Butts & Gutts, Hiit, and more!

Straight high kicks, upper cuts, squats, all tricep & shoulder work

Sweepstakes, Photography, Snowshoeing, hiking, biking (although I have never tried spinning), rehabing my house, watching my son play lacross, soccer & tennis.

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group and to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other

I love country music, the Pittsburgh Steelers, the Buffalo Sabres, SU lacross, basketball & football. I met my boyfriend when his best friend (a main contact for my job) invited me to play in their Yahoo Fantasy Sports leagues. My son has had a mohawk for 4 years, which makes me "the cool mom".

Attachments

• 2011 11 14 012.jpg
    2011 11 14 012.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 16
I'll play!

A Photo
I've got pics on my profile from previous RTs. You might have to friend me to see them. I'm not sure. :confused:

Name / Forum Name:
Rhondalyn/ Pugw

PM me if you want it. :)

Previous Road Trips

2009, 2010 ( Both at Glassboro) This is my first destination trip.

Where you're from and family

Central KY. I'm married with 3 grown children that are all married. I have a grandson and granddaughter that rule my life right now. :D

I came to Cathe from the Ya Ya forum. I think I came over here in 2004. I had to register again when the site changed. I can't even remember why now.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
The Pyramids, STS, LIS, KP&C, Step Moves, MMA’s, Cardio and Wts. This list could get long.... :)

I love to step and like a LOT of the moves. I think I'll tell what I don’t like. I DO NOT like outer thighs around the world. Sorry Cathe. :eek: I never want to do outer thighs around the world. ;)

Fun Stuff

We have a check-in group of eight that started after the 2009 Glassboro RT. Seven of us will be at this RT. It was especially important that we get together this spring because one in our group is moving to Norway. We were so disappointed when we thought that there would be no spring RT that we planned on getting together at my house. We were just getting ready to finalize plans for this exact weekend when Cathe announced this trip. Sweet! It was meant to be.:eek:

I’m excited for the trip and look forward to meeting everyone and making many more fitness friends.

I'll give it a go....

A Photo I'm top left next to Suzette, and one of me and lovely Cyndi (retrofit) that started the thread.

Name / Forum Name: Melissa/ Ly10up

Come find me on facebook

Previous Road Trips
I've been to 4 Glassboro trips

I live in upstate NY. I was born there, lived in Boston for 10 years and somehow made my way back in the 90's

Hmmm, I friend introduced me to Musclemax when I asked about strength training. I joined the forums in 2007 I think, Lurked for a bit, I'm still a lurker I guess.

STS, Body Max 2 will always have a space in the workout room, Imax2, 4DS, LIC retro and new, Afterburn, CycleMax all of them.

hip hop repeater, sumos, box lunge, any turny step thing, mambo, reverse V step, round the world and other moves....jab, cross, hook, upper (just gimmee some)..any kicks, love the weights. Hates: Burpees

I love to Golf, and an enormous amount of joyous effort goes into home improvement on the money pit, Other workouts include spinning, kettlebells, cardio coach.

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group and to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised who remembers what and how you name associate with each other :rolleyes:

Well, let's see. I have a dh, a dd, 2 step dd, I have seen gladys's coinbelt that I covet during zumba and I lost my gum during apple pickers at a roadtrip workout, but thankfully got it back, Funniest moment; with this crew I can't name just one, It was a laughathon from start to finish.

This will be so fun,

Attachments

• DSC02050.jpg
    DSC02050.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC02063.jpg
    DSC02063.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
me

Cyndi already posted a pic of me.

Name / Forum Name:
Mindy / mindymindy (I redid my forum name to match my sister, jodijodi)

Previous Road Trips

Where your from and family
Born in NJ. Live in the Seattle area now.

My sister came to visit me and brought some workouts with her so she could exercise while she was here. I tried some and was hooked!

Favorite DVDs/Videos
4DS HIS, IMax 2, Step Moves, Hiit 30/30

pump repeater (boom, boom, boom), hip hop repeater, (most funky repeaters)

Playing music, singing, crochet, beading

I'm a software engineer and I work for The Mouse (Disney)

Fun Stuff:
sorry, can't really think of anything... :p

Here's a starter thread that should get the awesome RT'ers for 2012 to know each other!

Please only share what you feel comfortable with. Just copy and paste this section below, feel free to add more lines and don't forget a pic! :D

Name / Forum Name:
NancyAZ

Previous Road Trips
Glassboro 2008 was my first. My second was beautiful San Diego and that hooked me on the destination trips. I was set up to go to Houston, but last-minute flight problems left me stranded at home -- I was heartbroken that I wasn't able to see the wonderful friends I had made. Now it's on to The Grand Geneva!

I am from Tucson, Arizona, and have lived here all my life.

I learned about Cathe from the WeightWatchers board. I had been reading threads about the workouts. I was doing TheFIRM at the time and was starting to look around for something different. The Discovery Store had a huge sale on the set of 3 workouts, which for the life of me I can't remember which 3 (I'm not at home right now to check). One, though, was Low Max and I was hooked. Step is my favorite form of cardio. I now have all of Cathe's workouts that are in print.

Seriously? We have to choose?!

See above ;-) Oh, and I'm with Rhondalyn on the legs around the world thing.:p

I am retired and have been enjoying being at home and getting things done that have been waiting for years. I also took up hiking in October and am discovering the beautiful desert in which I live.

Fun Stuff:
I am one of the group that Rhondalyn posted about. We're so excited to be able to get together again and see the friends in person that we "talk to" every day.

...and anything else - this is totally up to you to discuss amongst yourselves. :cool:

I hope this message doesn't come through as gibberish, since I'm posting from my tablet. I only share this because the program is insisting my message was too short, since I was answering through the Quote feature::rolleyes:

ETA: I have no idea how that angry face got there at the top of the message, but I can't seem to delete it. I'm not angry -- really! :)

Last edited:
What a good idea!

Well, the picture in my signature is really old maybe I'll get a picture with Cathe to update it:p I have photo albums in my profile if anyone is interested.

Name / Forum Name:

Kim. My forum name is cab0899. Cab is the initials of my son who died Aug. 99. I have used that sign in on different forums ever since. I discovered the internet when I was up late at night with insomnia during the initial grieving phase. I found a wonderful forum for moms who had a stillbirth and they were such a life line. After a few months (and another baby who is now 11!!!) I knew I really needed to get back in shape physically/emotionally. So I switched my computer time to weight loss/exercise forums. I used to spend lots of time on the ivillage post baby weight loss forum and then moved over to Cathe's website. That's when I really got into the Cathe discussion forum.

Previous Road Trips
My first one and I am so excited and so nervous!!!!! I'm pretty shy so I'm nervous.

I'm from Winnipeg, Manitoba which is in Canada. I'm about 2.5 hours north of Grand Forks, North Dakota. To get to Chicago I have to fly to Toronto first.

Hmm, I sort of explained it up in the forum name section. I bought my first Cathe VHS tape from the Eaton's store in Winnipeg in the mid 90's (the Step N' Motion workout that is no longer available). I rarely did it, as it was so hard. I was more into Kathy Smith, Jane Fonda, Gin Miller, etc. Probably around 2000 when I decided I needed to get back in shape I did an internet search for Cathe as I decided I needed harder workouts and it was the hardest one I had. I found her website and the rest is history. I quickly collected all current workouts and have done all the presales in the last decade. Over the years I have stopped Cathe workouts to concentrate on marathon training, or do another program like P90X, CLX, Insanity but I always come back to Cathe.

Imax 2, Step, Jump and Pump, KPC (okay the whole Intensity series). I also really enjoy the Body blast series. I like BodyMax 2 when I feel like a challenge. From the new series my favourite is Athletic Training.

So many favourites. I like high impact but I get frustrated with dancy stuff until I learn it. Like hip hop repeaters, around the world, love working biceps/triceps. Complain lots about working back and doing planks!!

I have run one full marathon and 3 half marathons. Planning on doing another half marathon this summer. Used to be a lifeguard/swimming teacher in high school/university.
I have a degree in Medical Rehabilition and work as an occupational therapist in a large hospital treating outpatient upper extremity injuries.
I have a son who is 14 and a daughter who is 11. My DH was my high school sweetheart and we have been married for 21 years.DH often works out with me!!!!
We also like going to Disneyworld in Florida. My kids have there 6 times! We camp alot in the summer.

Fun Stuff:
I like country music.

Okay - here goes! I'm not sure I did it right, but I tried to attach a photo.

Name / Forum Name: I'm Utah Gal here, but in real life I'm Cheryl Conner

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy) I'm Cheryl Snapp Conner on FB

Previous Road Trips - I've been to all the Glassboro RT's since 2007 - so i've been on 5 - this will be my first destination RT.

I am from Highland, UT - near Salt Lake, and live with my husband, two of my children (we are a combined family - married 8 1/2 years -) and we have 4 grandchildren between us. I'm 53, and we have a PR agency that I head up in SLC and my hubby runs the agency's finances from home.

I learned about Cathe from friends on the Firm video boards in about 2005/2006 and have never looked back. I've run 15 marathons in years past, but these years am enjoying running primarily for fun and exercise. Cathe workouts are where its at!

Favorite DVDs/Videos
Ooh, do I have to pick? STS and LIS are my favorites, but I also love PUB and most every step workout Cathe's made including iMax2, Step Works, Step Moves and Athletic Step.

I like the in-out-in repeater (really fun to be catching some air) - any turn step like reverse mambo or V-step... actually, I pretty much like all the steps. Maybe not party arms, but even those are kind of nerdy enough to be sort of cool, heheh :)

I love public relations, which is my career (lucky to do what I love for a living!) - I love running for fun - weight lifting - wearing funky/cool vintage clothes - fun trips with family and husband to NYC, SF, Boston (those are the standard places I go on press tour as well, so we try to tie in trips, particularly to NY) - Stein Ericson ski resort in Park City (mountain lodge setting, super luxurious, arts festival - we go in the off season, haha!) - Moab for the annual half marathon/5 mile race with all my grown children. Love cooking. Love reading, writing. Sadly, alas, love shopping too, but primarily online.

Fun Stuff:
Hmmm, what else... I am determined to become an STS/LIS success story. Trying hard!
We have a cute little MinPinn dog... I think that's everything. Can't wait to see everybody in Chi!

Okay, here's one more fun thing - people tell me (a lot) that I look like Patricia Heaton, the gal who's Ray's wife in Everybody Loves Raymond. I think it's fun and funny that her character, Deb, was a former PR gal in the show. There are members of my family who admit to watching that show simply because they think it's funny that she looks so much like me (or I look like her - not sure which, hahaha!)

Attachments

• Cheryl at Sundance.jpg
    Cheryl at Sundance.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Getting to know each other

A Photo - oh, no, I duck from cameras whenever possible

Name / Forum Name: - Mona/Cal2632. Baseball fans might get the reference.

Previous Road Trips - this is my first!

Where you're from and family - my spousal equivalent and I live in Cincinnati with our cats.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership - I found Cathe when we finally switched to digital cable (only a few years ago) and I was channel surfing. Was hooked by her step choreography.

Favorite DVDs/Videos - anything step and STS

Favorite Step or other moves - don't know about favorites, but I hate lunges and ab work is against my religion.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts - scuba & Disney which happily can be combined at EPCOT.

Chicago-getting to know everybody

Name / Forum Name:
Stacey Schmidt

feel free to friend me on Facebook, but please state your affiliated with Cathe

Previous Road Trips
None, this is my first.

I am a Nurse Practitioner in Northeastern Wisconsin (yes, I LOVE the Packers) and a Doctor of Nursing Practice student. I am 37, married and have a 15 year old son.

I started working out to Cathe in 1999 and Cardio Hits was my first DVD. Since then my Cathe collection has grown to consist of all of her workouts with the exception of The Terminator and her 3 very basic DVD's.

Favorite DVDs/Videos
It is very hard for me to pick a favorite. Like many of you I purchase the new collections during the pre-sale (I am a sucker for a "sale") and don't get to my older ones as often as I would like. The "classics" that I keep coming back to are Rhythmic Step, Imax 2 and 3, Hiit 40/20, The Hardcore series and now that I am not into building muscle like I used to muscle endurance workouts.

I love step workouts and although my knees don't I love high impact! I also really enjoy Hiit workouts with Imax 1, 2 and 3 being cutting edge for this type of training (IMO).

Besides working full-time, attending graduate school, taking care of my family and exercise I love to read and I am focused and committed on following a Primal eating diet which unfortunately limits the amount of cardio I can do. I also enjoy Yoga and meditation, although it is VERY challenging for me to quite my mind.

Fun Stuff:
I love sayings and my favorite was pulled from an Oxygen magazine several years ago, "If its to be, its up to me". I also enjoy Cathe's sayings in her videos and have thought of compiling a list. My favorite is, " I know your tired but jump higher!". I listen to hip hop/rap music (mostly) and my son's friends call me "mom" and tell me that they love me all the time! I am very blessed!

Name / Forum Name: Samantha O'Connell

Previous Road Trips - None! This is my first.

I live in Milwaukee, WI. I grew up in the area and can't imagine leaving any time soon. I absolutely adore Milwaukee :D

Like many Cathletes, I used to be a Firmie. I was really into the BSS-era Firms (can you say Fanny Lifter?) and wanted to try some other videos. I would see Cathe's videos in my Collage catalog and was extremely intimidated. Finally, about a year and a half ago, I bought a step and Cathe's three "beginner" videos. It was love at first over-face-and-over!

Favorite DVDs/Videos
I'm kind of obsessed with Cathe's step. Right now my current pure-step favorite is probably Step Blast (or HIS from 4DS), but I love them all. Low Impact Circuit might be my favorite video of all time, by anyone.

I love the 360, hip-hop repeater, and that shuffle onto the step into a straddle down in Cardio & Weights (described badly, I'm sure). Oh, this is hard, I have a ton more.

I work out with some other instructors' videos, like Jari Love, but mostly Cathe. I have been dabbling in Tracy Anderson a bit as of late.

I teach fourth grade in the mornings at a Lutheran elementary school in the area, but this is my last semester. I'm going to be giving the whole SAHM thing a shot with my sweet little boy. (He's almost 3.)

I love to cook and eat... especially eat. Sipping a glass of wine while making dinner and listening to music is a simple pleasure I look forward to almost every day. I like to read, crochet, and other crafty stuff.

Fun Stuff:
My DH and I are addicted to TV-on-dvd or Netflix, Harry Potter, LOTR, all kinds of "geeky" stuff. Currently we're obsessed with Fringe.

I'm very slightly concerned about my fitness level compared to other Cathletes ;) I'm in awe of those of you who can match Cathe's weights, bang out all those push-ups on your toes, and do Hiit or Imax 3 on a semi-regular basis!

Cathe helped me lose 60 pounds. The woman has literally changed my life. I'm so excited to meet her!

Last edited:
Looking forward to meeting you in April....

A Photo
Ummmm I generally stay away from those. This should work though – a good resemblance – I think - yea – maybe – that's my story and I'm sticking with it...

Name / Forum Name:
Cathy aka cyclefan

Previous Road Trips

This will be my first road trip!! I am very excited!!!

Where you’re from and family

I’m from the western suburbs of Chicago.

I first saw Cathe several years ago on FitTV and was hooked. Love, love, love those muscles. I want some too:D!!

I just started looking at the forums a few weeks ago when I started my first STS.

Favorite DVDs/Videos

Pyramid upper body & STS are my favorites. I really enjoy strength training.

I’m not sure about my favorite step move. Probably around the world. It’s been a while since I’ve done step. I do have some Cathe DVDs though so I’ll have to get familiar with them again for the RT.

Cycling is one of my favorite cardio activities. I hope to ride my first century later this year. (And in case you were wondering…. yes, century = 100 miles).

I’m really enjoying STS. I just started my third week of Meso 1 and really like the upper body workouts. Lunges…not so much.

I joined Weight Watchers last August and am doing well on the program – down over 30 pounds. Hope to shed some more before meeting all of you in April.

In addition to working full-time, I am in a doctorate program and hope to finish my dissertation later this year.

Fun Stuff:
I’ve noticed that there are many Disney World fans on the forum. Count me in as someone who really enjoys the Mouse. I don’t visit as often as I’d like, about every three years.

I enjoy cooking and baking. Although since I’ve been working at losing weight I don’t do much baking.

One of my favorite book series is by JD Robb (aka Nora Roberts) – The “In Death” series. It’s about a NY city detective (Eve Dallas) in the mid-21st century (around 2050ish) her various cases.

Attachments

• girl5-stick-figure.jpg
    girl5-stick-figure.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Picture attached is from the Disney RT Epcot dinner

Name / Forum Name:
Jennifer Arnott/ AYLE09

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips:
NJ 2010 & 2011 TX 2010, FL 2011 (NJ and Chicago 2012- yippee!!)

Where youre from:
Boston MA (well, technically I live outside of the city now)

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership:
At this point it's hard to remember exactly how I was introduced to Cathe. I remember seeing one of the old VHS tapes and being like "Wow! that girl is JACKED!!" lol! Now i'm lucky enough to know that that super-fit, muscular chick is also one of the sweetest, most sincere people that I have ever met (insert mega sized "xo" here :) )

Favorite DVDs/Videos:
Hmm, okay. I love CycleMax ;) (all of LIS), STS, LBB, the IMAXs, Slow & Heavy, Gym Styles... oh hell (insert entire Cathe catalog here!!)

Favorite Step or other moves:
hip hop repeaters, windmills, jacks on the step, firewalkers, warrior lunges and anything that i can take AROUND THE WORLD!

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts:
I love music. I love spinning. I have a love/hate relationship with running. I stink at darts but like to play anyway (walls beware). I love time with friends, laughter, love to create and write (just about anything)!

Fun Stuff:
I have 4 chinchillas (Joshua, Jacob, Chaz, Chubbs).

My screen name AYLE09 stands for "Are You LAMB Enough?" - Gwen Stefani's clothing/accessory line slogan :p

I'm afraid of ventriloquist dummies. Seriously, they’re freaky. My parents bought me a bozo the clown dummy when I was a kid and had to hide it in the closet to get the hysterics to stop.

I don’t generally like “squished” foods. Mashed potatoes, apple sauce, guacamole…. Bleck! Nuts- squash away! Nut butters- totally acceptable!

If I am around you long enough there is a good chance that you will be given a nickname, theme song or a combination of the two ;)

Attachments

• catandjen.jpg
    catandjen.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 16
A Photo
One of my favorite book series is by JD Robb (aka Nora Roberts) – The “In Death” series. It’s about a NY city detective (Eve Dallas) in the mid-21st century (around 2050ish) her various cases.

Right there with ya! LOVE that series!

Name / Forum Name:
Shelley Moma/ssmoma

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy
shelley lynch Moma on facebook

Previous Road Trips
none

We live in a small farming community in Central Illinois. My husband and I have 3 kids ages 20, 7, and 2...ya I know, that's alot of years of parenting!!:D

Weight watchers forums and FitTV

Favorite DVDs/Videos
Its really hard to say...I love all of them in their own special way, it just depends on what I'm feeling that particular day.

rock horse, shuffles, tap dance, box lunges, could go on forever...
also forgetting some of their names:eek:

Running, spin, zumba, kickboxing

Fun Stuff:
Share a little something about yourself with the group and to make it fun add a favorite saying, favorite music, funniest moment - you pick...you'd be surprised
hmm....I'm gonna go with music here. I am a wife of a drummer, so its all around me. My favorite musician is Tori Amos. Absolutely love to see her live.

Looking forward to meeting you all soon!!!

Last edited:
Hey Girls!!

A Photo
I will try to figure out how to put one on my profile... :eek:

Name / Forum Name:
Natalie/lovetostep24

Can PM me if you would like.

Previous Road Trips
This RT will be my very first and I cannot wait!!

I am from Springfield, IL. I have a 6 year old daughter and am divorced...anybody know any good single men? ;)

I found Cathe on FitTV in 2007. Soooo happy I found her!!

Favorite DVDs/Videos

Haven't met one I don't love... :D

I love hip hop repeaters, hip flexor repeaters, slide back lunges...it's all good!!

I am currently training for a stair climb race here in town. Other than working out, I love to cook and eat ;). I went "Paleo" a few months ago so I am always scouring the Internet for new recipes.

Fun Stuff:
I am doing this at work, uh oh, and I just got an assignment so I gotta go...is that fun??? ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.