Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other

Hello! Is it July yet?

A Photo - that's me & our wee leader a few RT's back (I think 08?)

Name / Forum Name: Meredith Tompkins/meredith

Email Address / FB Address: I am on FB using my real name above (friend me!)

Previous Road Trips: let's see, 05, 08, 09. I only missed 07.

Where you're from and family: We are living in Clinton, NJ now, but are moving in June to Austin, TX so I'll be arriving from there for the RT. It will be exciting to come back to Jersey for a bit.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership: I ordered IMax I in 1999 and have been a Cathe fan & forum member ever since.

Favorite DVDs/Videos: I had a bad shoulder injury in Dec. & that stopped STS in its tracks. I am still rehabbing it. My all-time fave for stepping is Rythymic Step and I really love Power Hour too. But for a short, sweet, happy time, I reach for LIS, feels like I'm just dancing!

Favorite Step or other moves: That first step combo on IMax 3 is so dancy & fun to me, esp. that little 3-count turn step then the hop-3 move across the step. Love it.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: I am an RN and have specialties in psych and woundcare. I have 2 teens that I shuttle around a lot.

Fun Stuff: Well, I just lost 20 lbs, which as all of you know, is a huge thrill. I had let my weight creep up after working nights for a year & then couldn't seem to get motivated to lose it, even when nights ended in late 08. But I did it, with a lot of help from Cathe! I feel like myself again.

Counting down to July!!!!

A Photo Here is a photo of me and the crew at the 2008 Road trip. I know it's tough to pick me out, but I would be the amazonish like person between Jai and Brenda.

My avatar is from the same road trip. 105 people all doing a side plank looked so cool. I'm the blurry orange thing in the top left corner

Name / Forum Name: Melissa / Ly10up

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy)

Previous Road Trips July 2008, 2009, 2010

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable)
Rochester, NY. I have a wonderful DH, a hysterical 6 yr old DD and a very large mutt named Divot.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership A friend from another fitness forum suggested MuscleMax when I inquired about getting started with strength training. I remember asking who's this Cathe? It's been a MasterCard whirlwind since then. I joined the forums some time later. I think it was in 2005.

Favorite DVDs/Videos:p Geez, this one's tough because it doesn't qualify what mood I'm in. ;) BM2, LIC, all 3 GS, Imax 2. And STS just rocks.

Favorite Step or other moves I just love that darn hip hop repeater. Penduleums are fun, all the things that reverse, and V steps when I'm pooped. As far as other moves I love the "jab, cross, lift, knee" where you catch a bit of air in the kickbox workouts, and jump kicks.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts I love to golf, hence the dog being named Divot.

Fun Stuff: This will be my third road trip. The experiences that I had at the first 2 made it impossible for me to miss this one. What fun I've had.

After 26 years as a recruiter I switched fields and now work at a large newspaper. I'm very glad I made that move.

My favorite Cathe saying is the one about "you didn't go and make popcorn, did you" It just sounds so silly as I'm gasping for air. And then my second thought is, hmmmm, not a bad idea...wonder if there is butter in the house? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• RT.jpg
    RT.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hello Everyone...from Cincinnati, Ohio

A Photo (attachment on this forum -so cool!)I hope I can figure this out) :rolleyes:

Name / Forum Name:
Lisa Sullivan/ sullivlg

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips
This is my first! I can't wait! I'm not in the shape that I'd like to be for this since I've been in school...but I'll be working hard to make those muscles of mine "remember" before I get there. Can't wait to meet Cathe and all the Cathletes!:eek::D

Where you're from and family (again only if comfortable)
I have lived in Cincinnati since 1979. I grew up in Corunna, Michigan (it's cold up there!). Traveled to Estes Park, Colorado to work on a dude ranch (guess I should have waited for the Texas RT?) and ended up in Ohio following a "boy." I am married (11 yrs) to an attorney, I have 2 beautiful daughters (27 and 25), and 3 wonderful stepsons ranging in age from 19 to 23). I work as a paralegal/legal assistant at an estate planning firm in downtown Cincinnati. Now that we're "empty nesters" I'll have bit more time to reshape the old bod' and enjoy relaxing with my husband.:cool:

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership
I came across the FIT TV channel one day, and Cathe was doing "supersets" -- WOW...was I impressed. I've been hooked since. Started videotaping from the TV, and eventually started buying DVDs. I've never been bored with a single workout, and hopefully (providing I survive the RT), I'll be putting STS on my Christmas list!!

Favorite DVDs/Videos

Ok...wrapping up my final week of exams for an ever-aging 49 year old and can finally devote some time to responding and getting to know everyone!

Favorite Step or other moves:
A favorite Step DVD is BOdy Max 2 (love the music and the moves). Of course I have plenty other "favorites" but that is the one I seem to keep going back to. I haven't updated my Cathe Library lately...that's on my "to do" list.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts
As mentioned above, my free time has been at a low for the past 3 years while working full time and going to evening college. Between studying and working, I try to squeeze in some "fun" reading and lots of walks in the hills of Mt. Adams (a suburb of Cincinnati). I collect first edition books, and if I can find a copy in decent condition that is signed by the author -- SOLD! Not just any books, though. I usually "listen" for what my husband is intersted in and collect those. We have over 3,000 books on our shelves (nope...not all those are 1st editions...I'd be broke), but we both love to read.

I also LOVE my German Shepherd ("Roxy"). Best friend, true companion...always has a smile on her face.

Fun Stuff:
Some of my favorite sayings:
"That's horse-hockey!"
"If not now, when?" (Dr. Pamela Peeke)
Funniest moment? Hmmm...I laugh at myself daily ....so there are no moments. I easily forgive "mistakes" but don't easily forgive "deliberate mistakes"...I really hate mean people...so I try my best to treat others as I would like to be treated. I really try to see the best in everybody. I am probably the hardest on myself -- my own worst critic. :(

SEE YOU IN JULY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Name / Forum Name: Allison/PennStater

Previous Road Trips: 2005, 2008

Where you're from and family: We live in Philadelphia, in an 1890s-fixer-upper that we're getting tired of fixing. We have a 4 year old daughter (my 2005 RT souvenier!) and a 9 month old son. I also have 3 teenage stepkids, so we have a full house!

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership: Someone on the Weight Watchers boards mentioned Cathe, so I bought a used copy of All Step to try out. Whew! I ordered Cathe's Basic Step and the High Step Circuit to start with, and preordered the Hardcore Series right away. Been hooked ever since!

Favorite DVDs/Videos: Imax 2, Muscle Endurance, CTX Leaner Legs, Butts & Guts, Step Blast, 4DS, KPC, STS, LoMax (I actually own Cathe DVDs that I have *never* even done :eek: I bet there are other favorites lurking!)

Favorite Step or other moves: The less complicated, the happier I am LOL

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: Insanity, Core Fusion, walking (I've done the Susan G. Komen 3-Day twice, Pilates (but I don't do this as regularly as I should). I love to cook and bake, to read, to garden, and to jump on the trampoline and blow bubbles with the kids! I also volunteer for a nonprofit that places original artwork in patient rooms at hospitals in order to facilitate the healing process.

Fun Stuff: I recognize some faces and names on this thread, which makes me even more excited for July 29! Looking forward to reacquainting and to meeting new folks :)

Name / Forum Name:
Anne D./mrsmel

Previous Road Trips
None, but I am rooming with a friend I met in our check-in forum and she has been before, so I'm not as nervous as I would be going by myself.

Mid-Michigan, I'm single again after being married for 8 years.

I lived in SC during graduate school and used to go to the Firm. I saw there that they sold their work out videos, so when I moved away for my first professional job I started working out at home. That led me to VF I read about Cathe and bought PowerMax as my first Cathe purchase in the late 90s.

Favorite DVDs/Videos:pStep Blast and Rhythmic Step. I love dancy/complex choreography; the harder the better for me! Altho, I have to admit that Cathe has made me love weight lifting. I didn't used to do it or like it, but after I bought the Body Blast series to kick myself in the rear, I started seeing/enjoying the benefits of it.

Favorite Step or other moves

Pendulums, flying angles, any twisty-turny moves that feel like dancing.

Aside from Cathe work outs, I tap dance and row. I just started rowing again after a 9 or 10 year hiatus and I forgot how much I love that sport! I am so happy to be back out on the water again. Since I'm single again I'm re-discovering who I am and it's been an interesting journey.

Fun Stuff:
Hmmmm? Fun stuff? Well, I am one of those people that people just talk to, so I hear some amazing things! I went on a cruise earlier this year and every time I would hook back up with my friends they would say, "Okay, who did you meet?" And I would say, "Well, I met Rich and he's from IL, but used to live in northern MI, which is where his son and his son's fiancee live. They're both here on the cruise with him and his wife. His future DIL is a nurse and she went to NMU for their first-rate nursing program and graduated first in her class and was placed immediately as an ER nurse, which normally doesn't happen because ER nurses usually have to have several year's experience..." I could go on and on about what this guy told me and I only talked to him for like 3 minutes. It was a hoot! I'll close this novel, but I'm really looking forward to this! I've been wanting to go for several years and this is the year I'm doing it!

anne

Last edited:
Name / Forum Name: mamaspretty35

[email protected]

Previous Road Trips: '05, '07, '08

Farmington, CT

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership:
FitTV

Favorite DVDs/Videos: 4 Day Split, MMA Boxing, Cardio Core Circuit

Favorite Step or other moves: too many to list

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: running, spinning, Zumba, hiking, walking

Fun Stuff:
Married, have a 15 month old daughter who is the cutest thing I've ever seen in my life, 7 months pregnant with #2 - a boy! Have 2 dogs that I adore more than anything!

Last edited:
Hi all,

Here are a few things about me-

Name / Forum Name: Rooha/pharma_gal

Email Address / FB Address (not necessary - can pm for privacy): You can search for Rooha Shah on facebook

Previous Road Trips: None this is my first road trip. So excited!

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable): Im originally from India, will be driving from Philly.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership: from the VF forum

Favorite DVDs/Videos: Currently STS, loving it

Favorite Step or other moves: Step is my favorite so any moves are good!

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: I love to read, travel, crochet and eat ofcourse!

Fun and other stuff: Cant wait to meet everyone!

Name / Forum Name: Laura G. a.k.a 1Canuck

Previous Road Trips: None - this is my first!

Where your from and family (again only if comfortable): Born and raised in Toronto, Canada - my hubby and I are driving to NJ with our two kids (1 and 3 years old) - I will be in dire need of some jumping and pumping by the time we get there!

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership: I was ordering videos from a company in Edmonton, Canada and randomly selected a Cathe video to try (Bootcamp and Muscle Endurance) and I haven't bought anything other than Cathe ever since.

Favorite DVDs/Videos: STS Mesocycle 1 (especially all the push-ups in the chest workouts - they make you feel so accomplished once you get through them!), all of the Hiit workouts, Cardio Core Circuit and IMAX 2.

Favorite Step or other moves: I love anything that involves jumping - the explosive running mans are killer. I also like the cross country move from Body Max 2.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: I play competitive volleyball (mostly indoor, but a little bit of beach in the summer). I also love tennis and getting outdoors at my parents cottage to swim, kayak and wakeboard (although I'm not very good, it's still fun).

Fun Stuff:
I have been trying to get on a road trip for the past few years, but either work or pregnancy has gotten in the way. As I mentioned above I have a 3 year old daughter and a 15 month old son (they get to stay with daddy in the hotel while mommy is working out). I teach grade 4/5 in Toronto, so can only get away for road trips in the summer, so I am very excited (but nervous) to finally be able to join you and to meet Cathe. I can't wait to meet everyone. See you soon! Citius, Altius, Fortius!

I can't believe it's almost here! Can't wait to meet everyone and see old friends :)

Name / Forum Name:

Coni Constantine/Cocetta

[email protected]/ www.facebook.com/sparkyfit or search for Coni Constantine

Previous Road Trips

2007, 2008

Los Angeles, CA. Married to Keith with a full house of feline fur babies.

Discovered All Step at a thrift store.

Favorite DVDs/Videos

Imax 2 & 3. HiiT's and all her core work!

Favorite Step or other moves

Power Jig!!!!! Seriously :)

Running, yoga, plyo, animal rescue and peanut butter. OK, all nut butters really.

Fun Stuff:

I once packed 2 left shoes when visiting Cathe's gym for a class-oops!

Name / Forum Name:Michelle/MDolfiniReed

Email Address / FB Address: [email protected]

Previous Road Trips:
This is my first--with my sister, Renee/Catchick65.

Where your from and family: I live in Stafford, VA. Have lived in Virginia for most of my life.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership:
Found Cathe on Fit TV.

Favorite DVDs/Videos:
Rhythmic Step, Low Max, Step Moves.

Favorite Step or other moves:
Power squats and power scissors

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts:
Boating--and walking my golden retriever, Ripken.

Fun Stuff:
My golden retriever, Ripken, provided the inspiration for our check-in group, Getting Our Licks In. Ripken is my four-legged workout coach. Most days, he perches himself on the periphery of my workout space and watches me until I stop moving. He has learned just where to lay during a step routine or where to sit so he can get a pet on the head as I go by. Sometimes, during an ab workout, he will provide extra resistance by laying across my stomach (that's 95 pounds of puppy love). When I stop moving, he gets his licks in--and gives me a good lick down. I don't mind since I know I'm hitting the shower once the workout is over.

~michelle

Introductions and Getting To Know Each Other

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name / Forum Name: Renee/Catchick65

Email Address / FB Address [email protected]
on FB Renee Dolfini

Previous Road Trips: this is my first!!!

Where your from and family: Central Virginia. Happily divorced with 4 cats! Live near my parents and my oldest sister and her two children.

How you were introduced to Cathe / Forum Membership My sister Michelle told me about Cathe. When we lived just a few miles apart, we would go to step class together, many years ago. Now we live about 150 miles apart but still exercise together...well, sort of.

Favorite DVDs/Videos Wow, this is a hard one. I love Rhtymic Step, LIC, BodyMax 2 and MMA: Kickbox and KPC. Oh yeah, and LOWMAX!!!

Favorite Step or other moves: I love power moves! Slam-its.

Other Interests or Activities or Workouts: Currently into American Freestyle Karate, yellow belt. Love to lift weights, love STS. Hike and bike when I can.

Fun Stuff: I like to try everything. I have a private pilots license, once owned an airplane. Used to have a motorcyle. Played trombone in a local orchestra, played bass in a bluegrass band. Would love to sky dive, parasail, anything adventureous and exciting. I love setting goals and try to achieve them...I usually do but it takes time and dilegence. I adore cats and animals. I wish I could afford more then 4, but I find thats just enough. I try to stay positive, happy and optimistic. I don't like the alternative! :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.