Introduction....

MicheleZ

Cathlete
Just wanted to introduce myself to the Catheletes :D. I am 42 and just starting Cathe workouts again (whew). I started with the Firm some years ago and moved to Cathe workouts soon after. I have not done any of these workouts for years though. I was mainly hiking and walking my dogs on the weekends (yea I know, not much exercise)! I found that I didn't like getting up at 4:00 a.m. to workout and was too danged tired when I got home (yea I know, excuses, excuses :p). Anyway, now I work from home and am lucky enough to be able to workout as much as I want during the day. I have a young standard schnauzer and our walks were not getting either of us much exercise so I decided to start Cathe again and give Grady (the schnauz) his exercise with Chuck-it (ball play) and treadmill (he LOVES the treadmill). I started Cathe again about a month ago and it amazes me how fast the body adjusts! Yes, I have had to really make the workouts low impact and modify most workouts because I can't keep up with Cathe most of the time but I have already seen major improvement over a month ago so it is only a matter of time before I am able to at least look like I know what I am doing :eek:. I love the weight lifting the most (reminds me of my "fit" times when I was in my early 20s and I lifted a lot).

I would like to "check in" with a group but am confused as to what group to check in with since there seems to be a lot of "check in" posts everyday - can someone tell me which group would suit me the best?

Welcome back! No check-in to suggest, as I've never been a checker-inner. I do know that if you friend people on FB, we Like you when you complete a workout through the Workout Manager.

Yep I have been using the workout manager for all my workouts. I have a Facebook account but don't use it much.

Hi Michelle and welcome! I've found that commit to get lean thread is a wonderful group of supportive folks :) I'm relatively new to the forum too and they have been so nice and friendly. And a few of us have to modify cathe too (mostly knee problems for me) but we are all keepin at it! Have a great day.

Michelle,

You are also invited to "Getting Our Licks In". They are wonderful ladies there that are encouraging, knowledgeable and friendly. Whoever you pick to help you through your journey, know that I congratulate you wanting a healthier and fitter life. You can't go wrong with any of the groups you chose.

Janie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.