intestines and abdominal size

Hi Cathe!
It seems like every time I turn around I have another question to ask!! (hehehe...sorry).
So, since doing your workouts I have noticed more muscle definition in my abs. I know that I do still need to lose the tiny bit of fat around my waist for them to really show through. However, I am curious if the intestines can impact on the size and shape of a persons abs. It seems like my lower abs don't have a ton of fat, but if I relax them they sort of push out...and it looks almost like a pot belly or early pregnancy (which I most certainly am not pregnant! :p ). I know part of this is because I am pushing them out, but part of me thinks that my intestines make my lower abs appear thicker. Do you think this is possible and if so is there anything to do about it?

Thanks! I'll try not to ask anymore questions any time soon! I know you're busy!

Lisa :7

Don't relax them! Seriously, I see so many women with bad posture, and it really affects their abs, and subsequently their back. The picture in the above article show these women all with good posture using their muscles to hold their core. You need to practice this. When you are standing, take a minute to check posture and correct the slouch, same with sitting.

Thanks for the comments!
Haha...oh...I know about proper posture...I actually have good posture. The whole relaxing my abs thing is just when I am obsessing and looking in the mirror. Any other time I make sure I don't slouch. Hehehe...maybe I need to just stop obsessing.:)

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.