Interval Max vs. Intense Moves

LHK

Cathlete
Could someone who has both of these videos please tell me how these compare? I have Interval Max (and 6 other Cathes) and I love it- I can even (finally) do it with no modifications on a ten inch step! It is tough and a sweat inducer and makes me feel like Wonder Woman.

So should I get Intense Moves? Is it as tough? Is it worth getting? Thanks!!

RE: Interval Max is better but . . .

Intense Moves, IMHO, is less intense than Interval Max, with lower-intensity intervals and mid-range cardio interstices, and a warm-up that is kind of tepid compared to I-Max's warm-up. Plus, Gin Miller's cueing drives me up a tree.

That being said, it is a good interval workout, and can be very appropriate on those days when you want a "junior" interval workout! There aren't that many good ones out there - which is why so many of us want La Cathe to produce Son of I-Max, Bride of I-Max, Beneath the Planet of the I-Max, and The I-Max Strikes Back - so by all means get Intense Moves if you have the dough.

Annette
The I-Max Addict

I have both, and I enjoy Intense Moves, but it is not as intense as Interval Max. I actually use Intense Moves as "training" for Imax.
But since the "popular" theory is to do at least 2 interval trainings/week, it would be a good second interval video.
It is different enough from Imax to keep you interested, and it is a good sweat producer, but Imax is tougher!
Donna

p.s. I found it on Gin Miller's site for $10. :)

I really like Intense Moves (I'm a fan of Gin Miller though). This video is great for days when you don't have tons of time, but want an intense workout.

The actual cardio part is 30 mins. I really like her style- there's no complex cheoreography, it's kind of athletic. It's 10 intervals. You work hard for 1 interval (there's a timer on screen), then "rest" for 2 while she shows you the next move. She shows 3 levels of intensity for each interval. I think it's a good workout, although not quite as tough as Interval Max (not as much hi-impact, but there is some).

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Intense Moves!

Loved it the first time I viewed it several years ago, and still think it's a gem.

Gin Miller at her very best -- warm, funny and somewhat motherly in her concern that you don't hurt yourself.

I agree that it's not as intense as Interval Max, but it's a no-brainer (no intricate moves, it's simple and very athletic)-- one of the best non-Cathe workouts out there.

Buy it -- you won't be sorry!

Patricia

I would definitely recommend Intense Moves. I think it's a tough workout and I like Gin as an instructor. One thing that is very different from Interval Max is that Gin's recovery periods are much more aerobic - no side steps and short walks, she usually goes right into the next aerobic section.
I like both of these workouts equally.
Erica

Get it!!!!

I second what everyone else has already said! Get Intense Moves...you won't be sorry! Money well-spent! :-jumpy

Hollie

RE: Get it!!!!

So maybe since you say there are choices of intensity, if you do it at the highest intensity it might be like Interval Max? I think I WILL get it! Thank you, educated crowd!
Gee, if it wasn't for this great forum, where on earth would I get such intelligent responses? And so quickly! Thanks again.
Lisa

RE: Interval Max is better but . . .

Annette, you are a panic. Son of I-Max! How about The Return of I-Max? Beyond I-Max? I-Max II?

I also agree with your assessment -- Intense Moves isn't as tough as IM. But I think it's a lot of fun if you're not turned off by Gin's style. She's kind of like the FIRM's Susan Harris -- you either love her style or hate it on sight. I know Gin's style strikes some people like fingernails on a blackboard, but I like it. (Maybe because she's a Georgia girl too -- it's that folksy Southern thang! :)) Then again, I like Susan Harris ("Now isn't this better than dieting?") :)

http://www.clicksmilie.de/sammlung/sport/sport003.gif Kathy S.

THANKS BRENDA!!

I just ordered it from Graveyard mall! So easy- and it was still only 4.99+S&H.
Cool- I'll let you guys know how it is.
Thanks again,
Lisa

I just viewed at clip at the Collage Video site and it looks prety unsafe, with jumping over the steps, etc. My knees will never recover from anything that high-impact!

Can you modify and still get a good workout? If I purchase this it will definately be used or cheaper than the Collage price.

I just viewed at clip at the Collage Video site and it looks prety unsafe, with jumping over the steps, etc. My knees will never recover from anything that high-impact!

Can you modify and still get a good workout? If I purchase this it will definately be used or cheaper than the Collage price.

Kimba: Yes, Intense Moves can be modified. Gin shows up to 3 different intensity levels for each interval. The one you viewed jumping over the step is the "hardest" level for that particular interval. There are 2 other lower intensity choices for that same interval.
Each interval offers several modifications to allow you to grow with the video. It really is an outstanding workout.
Donna

RE: THANKS BRENDA!!

I love Intense Moves, I have a questionable left knee and do it per Gin's modifications and have zero problems with it. Great workout :-jumpy

Edith

I just wanted to update you guys- it's kind of a funny story.
Two days ago I returned from a 5 day vacation, and decided I needed a tough workout so I did Interval Max. 8" step, no modifications whatsoever! (This is only the second time ever that I didn't have to modify!)
THEN DH went out to the mailbox and guess what he brought in?
Intense Moves! So after I cooled down for ten minutes, I just had to pop in Intense Moves to see what it was like.

And I ended up doing it! The whole thing, at "hardest" (except the sideways "jump completely over the step with both feet" that looked impossible.
ANYway...it was a good workout, and the combo definitely had me exhausted!
Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.