International Shipping by USPS possible?

Hej

Hi,

Would it be possible to have international orders shipped by USPS? UPS charges extremely high brokerage fees for collecting VAT and import duties (sometimes more than the shipping cost itself). When I had my High Step delivered to Canada, this cost almost as much as the High Step itself... Something worse happened when they shipped something to me in Sweden-- they charged me the brokerage and duties twice and it was such a hassle to get them to refund one, so I swore I'd never purchase anything with them as shipper again. I have had things shipped by USPS many times before and have not had any problems. Thanks.

I live in Spain and I would like the international shipping by USPS. UPS charges extremely high brokerage fees for collecting VAT and import duties (sometimes more than the shipping cost or the price of the DVDs I ordered itself).

Mariángeles the spanish Turbo Kick junkie

When I ordered the last to series, they were shipped by USPS and I was not charged any other fees. I live in Canada. Maybe the Highstep was shipped UPS because it was a large item?

Debbie

I preordered the 4DS and it was delivered to me in UK by UPS. UPS are absolutely extortionate because they charged £10 (that's about $20) administration fee on top of the import tax and since they overestimated this I ended up paying extras of around $40. Then the shipping fee itself is high and you actually get charged import tax on the shipping cost as well as the dvd! I won't ever preorder from SNM again because of this - I will wait and order from Advanced Workouts who will ship by standard airmail which costs a fraction of that and only takes a week or so more to arrive.

I would love it if SNM would consider using a different method of shipping - it's not just the cost but I really object to being ripped off with an administration charge like that.

ooh can you tell I've just been dying to tell that one x( :p
Ruth

I was so surprised to when I received my steps and dvds and have to pay an additional of 7% on top of the cost I have already paid to UPS.
I used to order lots of stuff from Amazon.com and never have to pay any more extra. Hope SNM would consider looking into a different method of shipping. In fact I am considering about the order for STS because I am wondering how much more extra I would have to pay on top of the cost + shipping charges.

Shelly

As a U.S. Postal Service employee it is always nice to hear that SOME people prefer US to the Other Guys. It's a job security thing. WE really knock ourselves out to provide top-notch service at a fair price so it's a relief to be appreciated. Can't wait to tell everyone at work about this tomorrow.

>I preordered the 4DS and it was delivered to me in UK by UPS.
> UPS are absolutely extortionate because they charged £10
>(that's about $20) administration fee on top of the import tax
>and since they overestimated this I ended up paying extras of
>around $40. Then the shipping fee itself is high and you
>actually get charged import tax on the shipping cost as well
>as the dvd! I won't ever preorder from SNM again because of
>this - I will wait and order from Advanced Workouts who will
>ship by standard airmail which costs a fraction of that and
>only takes a week or so more to arrive.
>
>I would love it if SNM would consider using a different method
>of shipping - it's not just the cost but I really object to
>being ripped off with an administration charge like that.
>
>ooh can you tell I've just been dying to tell that one x( :p
>Ruth
Experienced the same and now use Advancedworkouts. All the other instructors I order from direct use USPO. Never lost a parcel yet. Costs around $3.50 a dvd to send. Afraid I have my eyes opened. If Advanced don't carry a Cathe dvd that I wish to purchase simple solution. It ain't being bought. Experienced enough rip of merchants in the UK. Sorry but the dosh is staying in my pocket.

>When I ordered the last to series, they were shipped by USPS
>and I was not charged any other fees. I live in Canada.
>Maybe the Highstep was shipped UPS because it was a large
>item?
>
>Debbie

This was several years ago, when the High Step first came out. At that time SNM did not have a USPS option for shipping to Canada. I hope they will be able to ship international orders by USPS because it isn't much slower than UPS and the brokerage/customs charges/hassles are much less. Until recently I always ordered Cathe preorders through CK Sales, who used Canada Post to ship internationally, but now that they are out of business ;( and SNM is not offering preorder prices through any other vendors I hope SNM will reconsider and ship through USPS if international customers request it... I would be glad to pay extra to insure my package if reliability is the concern.

Mary

You guys are SOOOOOOOOO lucky!

Here in Greece the taxes are 100% on the value of the items PLUS $88 for UPS Brokerage Fees!

I either shop from Collage Video (who use USPS) and have them send 2-3 DVDs in one package (I bought about 30 Cathe DVDs three months ago and split them in 11 different packages... still the total cost of 11 shipments was less than Taxes+UPS Fees!!!)... or from Advanced Workouts.

I hope Cathe reconsiders offering the USPS option. It's fast (10-14 days delivery time) and, most of all, far cheaper to us abroad...

Christos.

>As a U.S. Postal Service employee it is always nice to hear
>that SOME people prefer US to the Other Guys. It's a job
>security thing. WE really knock ourselves out to provide
>top-notch service at a fair price so it's a relief to be
>appreciated. Can't wait to tell everyone at work about this
>tomorrow.
I have had a number of packages delivered from the USA using USPS. It is efficent and works. I have once ordered via Cathe and never again. I do not mind paying my V.A.T. (GST) but they rip the foreign consumer off. If I am nailed for import duty by the Royalmail (UK post office) I get a card I pay what is required at the local office and collect my parcel. This time its Cathe's loss.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.