Intermediate to advance progression

Jtru3715

Hi all!

I am currently completing level 1 of the ice program - and finding it a good challenge especially the more cardio ones. How would you recommend that I work towards being eventually able to do cathe's recommended monthly rotations? I was looking at the level 3 program of ice, but don't think I could spare 90 mins or so per day with my work schedule :(

Thanks so much!

Don't feel pressured to follow a specific rotation! I've done Cathe workouts for years and never have done one--I work and my schedule is constantly changing. Not to mention I have to find the time to do just the daily stuff like cook and clean (no fast food or take out for me!). At any rate just keep working out and challenge yourself and you will naturally progress.

I agree with snowlover that there is no need to pressure yourself about following a specific rotation to the T. Forget about those 90 minute ICE sessions and try a Cathe rotation you've been interested in. You can modify it any way you want. If you don't have time to work out 6 days a week, drop one of the workouts and do 5 of them. If you are crunched for time, choose a timesaver premix. When the weights feel too intimidating, drop the amount of weight or the amount of reps. If the cardio is especially challenging, pause the workout to catch your breath until you are able to continue.

Really, it's all about progress. Start wherever you are, and gradually increase what you are able to do. And above all, enjoy it!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.