Intensity DVD

thaispice

Cathlete
I did this for the first time this morning. The Workout Manager assigns it a 7.0 MET value. I usually think the Workout Manager overestimates MET values, but I would have assigned Intensity at least a 7.5, maybe even an 8.0 -- it's basically nonstop and I was sweating buckets.

Am I the only one who found this workout killer? :confused:

INTENSITY

I did this for the first time this morning. The Workout Manager assigns it a 7.0 MET value. I usually think the Workout Manager overestimates MET values, but I would have assigned Intensity at least a 7.5, maybe even an 8.0 -- it's basically nonstop and I was sweating buckets.

Am I the only one who found this workout killer? :confused:

It is a killer workout.I did it last week:):):)
I had my heart monitor. The average calorie spent was more than 700 calories.

of course there is a margin error. HR does not provide a 100% accurate calorie expenditure.

Last edited:
It is beyond killer. I need to pull this one out again soon---I really like the step portion (except for those plie squats at the end).

I love this workout too. It's one of my favorites. There's nothing in it that can't be easily modified for low impact, and Cathe included the low impact hiit (bless her!). When I want a 25-minute cardio workout to put before an UB workout, I do the warm up and then do the low impact hiit twice. It's a great way to get the heart rate up before doing weight work.

I just did this one for the first time the other week; I only did the step and HIIT pre-mix and it was tough I was drenched :)

I think I'm going to do it again tomorrow!

Intensity sure is intense!!! I just bought it at the Road Trip. I can't believe I didn't buy it when it came out. Intensity has to be one of my all time favorites.
Killer indeed:p

I just did this one today and only did the first 30 minutes before sts upper body. I forgot how intense it is.

"Intensity" was my first Cathe step DVD.
Yep, I got hooked right away!:D

oh Nancy, that was a tough starting point :)

First time i did INTENSITY the first word which came in my mind was phew.
I really felt the intensity. I loved the step segment cause it's plyo focused.
I love my step with a plyo twist on ;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.