Intensity & Body Max 2

momto4

Cathlete
Can you guys tell me how complicated the step portion is of these two work outs? I'm not a big step person, I don't care for the ones with complicated dance moves. I've done IMAX 2 without problem, and some of the other more athletic step. I think I'd like to try these but am afraid of wasting my workout time dumbfounded, looking at the TV.
TIA

I'm not the best at complicated choreography, but I was able to learn the step patterns in these 2 workouts. I'm pretty sure I was able to do Intensity without much problem, but it may have taken me a few tries to learn BM2. BM2 is my all time favorite Cathe workout; I love the music and all the premix options.

I say go for it!!! What do you have to lose, but some calories burned? :D

Lisa

I agree with the PPs. You should not have difficulty, especially if you can do IMAX2. For the most part, Intensity is much more like athletic drills than dance movements. Body Max 2 is a bit more dance-like, but nothing that you couldn't handle after previewing the video once through.

Body Max 2

I just did the Cardio Blast premix yesterday - what fun! It's not complicated to learn the step routine in this one at all. Neither is intensity... It's more athletic than 'steppy' (hee hee I made a word up).

They will definitely get a good sweat going :)

I still have a problem with some of Cathe's choreography--the step choreography in some of her workouts is still too complex for me. However I found Intensity and Body Max 2 very doable. As someone else mentioned, Intensity choreography is easier than Body Max 2, but they are both very doable compared to some of her other step workouts.

BodyMax 2 is my all time favorite as well and the first I ever learned. I do not like dancy or difficult moves at all because I stumble all over myself and get annoyed. More than any other video she has, I feel Cathe took her time teaching this one so you learn each section smoothly and there is enough repetition to make it easy.

I would say it's more athletic with a slight dancy feel, it is tons of fun and has great 80's music. It will give you a great workout and the cardio blasts really amplify the difficulty. It also has weight work.

Intensity is not so bad, but I don't think it's as much fun and the step portion is tough work (physically)! Its worth it to have when you really want to work yourself, plus it has high and lo impact hiit and boot camp. It's a good all around cardio dvd to have.

I love body max 2 it makes u sweat but its fun and the music makes u want to keep going! It isnt hard to learn.
Intensity is heat pounding, yet easy to learn as well.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.