Integrity of an ebay seller

jrossi

Cathlete
Hello. I have been going back and forth on whether or not to ask this on Cathe's sight. Just because I have been feeling like that I betray Cathe for trying to find her DVDs cheaper.....

Well, there is a particular ebay seller, ezaggle, that I don't think is that honest. I tried to win a DVD the other day and at two seconds I got outbid. My max bid was 9.00 bucks, but the highest bid was $3.00. Well, we both got outbid. Then I got an email within two minutes of the auctions end stating that there was a second chance and that I could buy it for $9.00 (shipping is $7.99). I had never had a second chance before except for last week from the same seller. They hide everyone's identity. I think that this seller is outbidding us and trying to get us to pay at our highest bid. I also don't think these DVDs are authentic. It is true you get what you pay for! I will buy Cathe's DVDs from now on. Does anyone have a similar experience?

Jennifer

I don't trust that one. I've noticed his/her auctions, and something always seems fishy about them.

Not much help, I know, but, I say, go with your gut on this one.

I haven't heard good things about this seller and I would never pay $7.99 for shipping.

Marcy

Yeah, I would have my doubts about that seller (and his shipping is ridiculous). It sounds like he's doing shill bidding with that second chance offer (see http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/seller-shill-bidding.html)

There are some good sellers on ebay (like lilysrosen) but I think often those low prices are from scammers/bootleggers.

I personally will be putting a couple Cathes (2 Low Maxes and 2 Core Maxes) up on eBay later today (I would never sell my personal Cathe DVDs but I got these cheaply at our local Discovery Channel Store which was going out of business), so I know all the eBay DVD sellers are not bad. :)

***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain

Thanks all for this information. I looked up this person's track record and it is horrible! How can eBay let this go on? Anyway, thanks all for your input...live and learn.

Jen

"bargaincrazy" is a reputable dealer. I have purchased two dvds at great prices that were authentic and packaged! I did not have any issues with last minute outbids or second chances - good luck

That's one of my red flags: the shipping price. I've sold many DVDs and even shipping internationally has never cost me more than $4.00. For US shipping I always charge $2.75. Anytime I see shipping that high, I'm suspicious.

>That's one of my red flags: the shipping price. I've sold
>many DVDs and even shipping internationally has never cost me
>more than $4.00. For US shipping I always charge $2.75.
>Anytime I see shipping that high, I'm suspicious.

I think sometimes sellers charge the high shipping to make up for lower price--because eBay gets a percentage of the sale, but not the shipping charges. It's a way for them to get more money without giving as much to eBay, I think. I also don't charge much more than the cost of shipping (but just enough to pay for the packaging as well as shipping).

***Lainie***

http://web.mac.com/lainiefig/iWeb/Site/Exercise/Exercise.html

"The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself." -- Mark Twain

I NEVER buy anything from a seller with a rating below 99.7% - no exceptions and I haven't been disappointed yet!
That seller copied or sells fakes of Turbo Jams...someone got one and it wasn't good! If you have to ask, don't do it!

I've bought a few DVDs from ezgaggle without any problem. The price and the shipping were quite reasonable and the DVDs were authentic. My only gripe was that the fools don't package their DVDs well and consequently, both arrived in broken cases but the disks were undamaged. That being said, I wouldn't really recommend this seller and bought the DVDs in question because they were a low price (neither were from Cathe) and I had been observing the seller for some time. lilyrosen and imbargaincrazy and reputable sellers of authentic DVDs and they have excellent customer service.

My DVDs also arrived with shattered cases and one of the DVD skips. If you notice in the description at the bottom of their item descriptions and stuff they state that they send in a padded envelope via UPS. Mine arrived in one of those paper thin grey envelopes via USPS. I don't think the $7.99 shipping charge is reasonable. AND, they won't combine shipping if you buy two or more DVDs at the same time. So I paid $16.00 BUCKS to have shattered cases....just venting..

Jennifer

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.