Integrative Core Work: Pirate Cathe (aka Cap'n Punch n' Crunch) Makes Us Walk The Plank

MomInVT

Cathlete
OK, so I'm loving the integrative core work that Cathe has been doing in the Live videos (e.g., Strong Upper Body & Core and Butts & Guts Live). Just did B&G Live this morning, and I love the walking planks, weighted reach-back crunches, standing twists, etc. It is enjoyable, keeps my heart rate up, and engages my lower and/or upper body, but most importantly it just feels healthier than doing a bunch of isolation core work.
I can't wait for the RWH core segments, as I get the impression they'll be along these same lines. And core-mixed-in premixes... hooray!
Just wanting to share my enthusiasm. Fingers crossed the Dec rotation is the RWH rotation (with videos to boot)!

I agree with everything about the core work. I plan on doing the live butts and guts Sunday am. This will be my 2nd time doing it. I love the live classes so much that I haven't even done too many dvds lately. I think Cathe's live is the only thing slightly distracting me from the arrival of RWH. Cannot wait to try these out!!!!

I'm with you on the Live workouts. I'm totally hooked! I can't stop doing them. It seems like there's infinite room for creativity and variety (and Cathe takes advantage of this), since there's no need for a workout to be squarely a kickbox, or step, or whatever workout. So kickbox/boxing + heavy bag + barre = awesome! And I love the unscripted commentaries.

I also think that Cathe gives a lot of good form pointers during the live. More that she has done on any dvd in a while. So for beginners, her live is a great place to start. I also love the "yelling" she does, it's not annoying at all, but very motivating. I sometimes make timesaver workouts with her live. Like the low impact hardstrikes, I do just the cardio portion then move it up to abs and a stretch.

Amen to that!
This morning was another awesome new-to-me Live workout: Upper Body Sculpting. It's a great UB endurance workout with lots of partials and pulses. I think I'll be feeling this one tomorrow -- lots of muscle confusion. And the biceps segment -- yowza! :eek:
Much as I'm loving the Live core stuff, I skipped this one, as she said it would have a low-back focus and my lower back is acting up so... not today. Something to look forward to!

I'm so busy in the *outdoor* months of the year, I miss doing this workout and then overdo it in the Fall/Winter months. But dang, my tushy sets me up 2 inches higher on the bike by Spring...haha! This is the BEST workout for that region, save heavy lifting for the glutes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.