Insanity vs Shock Cardio?

Melclear

Cathlete
I just ordered Insanity last night and I am so excited for it to arrive! I got great results with STS, but still have a layer of fat over all my new hard muscles, so I am hoping that Insanity will help me work on that. But as you all know, Insanity is not cheap, and neither is my Shock Cardio pre-order. And now I am wondering how similar the two will be, given that both are cardio based, high impact, and high intensity programs. So for those of you who have done Insanity, and have read about Shock Cardio, do they seem that similar? Are you still on board for Shock Cardio too? How do you see the 2 programs, complementary or either/or?

Thanks!

Mel

I think there will be similarities (the items you mentioned) but I don't think it would be close enough that you won't benefit from owning both. STS sounds like it will have more variety to it. I think the STS workouts that will be most like Insanity are the HIIT workouts. But Cathe's are going to be 20 minutes (30????) and Insanity is 45-60 minutes. I think many of the plyometric moves will the similar but I bet Cathe will have some different stuff in there. I'm hoping the two compliment each other. I am really hoping that STS cardio is at the same intensity as Insanity . . . . at least the HITT workouts.

I have INSANITY so I only pre-ordered the MMA from Shock Cardio. I just can't do that much HIIT and I can't handle the step choreaography. I think I will have a very good cardio routine combining the two.

I'm thinking STS cardio is going to have more variety than Insanity...that's one thing I'm looking forward to. I like Insanity but can't seem to stay with the rotation as there is just too much that's similar each day...I have exercise ADD :D
julie

I have Insanity and love it. I've also ordered Shock Cardio. Insanity is a fantastic stand alone program that offers incredible results. Shock Cardio is not a stand alone program so you can't really compare the 2 in that sense but I think both will offer the same type of tough high intensity work outs but in very different ways. It'll really just come down to the type of exercise you prefer. Obviously Cathe and BeachBody have very different styles. :)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.