insanity rotation

marymac

Cathlete
I am thinking of purchasing this. Can someone tell me what the 2 month rotation looks like. thanks for any help.

Hi Marymac-
I am on day 11 of the rotation. IT IS KILLER HARD! I can already tell though that I am doing better on it this week than last week. I'm able to go longer without a break and the warmup is actually beginning to feel like a warm up rather then crazy hard cardio.
The first month rotation consists of 4 or 5 different DVDS. Some are harder than others. No equipment is needed for any of the DVDS.
Pure Cardio is the most difficult and cardio recovery is the easiest. On a difficulty scale of 1 to 10 (10 being "I am off my meds crazy hard") Pure Cardio is a 10. Plyo Cardio circuits probably an 8 or 9 and Cardio Power and Resistance probably a 7.
The routines consist of cardio sets of about 3 to 4 minutes. In Plyo and Cardio Power, you do about 3 minutes (30 seconds each) of 5 different intense cardio moves. Then you do them again faster, then you do them again faster. (That was not a typo). Then you get a 30 second break and start over with a new set of moves.
In Pure Cardio--no breaks, no stopping. This is not 1980s old time floor cardio though, this is very high intensity, sometimes high impact (jumps) but all very athletic. Not at all dancy.
I started do this workout because I was in a huge rut and needed a slap on the backside to get me going again. I am really starting to enjoy the workouts and kinda look forward to doing them (except pure cardio....i'm not that far off my meds.)
You rotate the DVDS in a different order every week for variety. Honestly I wish that there was maybe one more DVD for a little more variety but not a big deal.
FOr the second month there are 4 other DVDs to rotate (if I live that long.)
SO if you are looking for somethig very, very challenging, I would say buy it.

I have hardcore as well. To me they are kinda of like apples and oranges. Insanity is all out, non stop, kick your butt cardio. Hardcore has intense cardio but also breaks it up with weight work. Both are very good and I don't think you can go wrong. Just a matter of what kind of challenge you are looking for right now. I just needed something completely different.

Got insanity!

Thanks ladies for all your replies. I am going to take the plunge and purchase it. Thanks again! Mary

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.