Insanity Party Sunday September 20

serene_46

Cathlete
Good Morning Y'all
I hope everybody is having a great weekend.
Jennifer: How does it feel to be finished? It's hard to believe we have been at this 2 months
Sandra: Insanity on top of your schedule would be grueling to say the least. A little comfort from some friends every now and then (especialy Ben and jerry) is great for the soul!!
Becky: MUD RUN DETAILS PLEASE!!!!

I did the the final fit test this morning- I am taking a break to post them before I move into "The Gauntlet" workout from the Terminator dvd. What is amazing to me is the increased cardio capacity Insanity has given me.... Thank you Shaun T!!

Exercise/ # Fit Test 1/ # Fit Test 5
switch Kicks/ 45 per leg/ 75 per leg
Power jacks/ 52/ 62
power Knees/ 96/ 117- (lost balance and had to re-set mid way thru!)
Power Jumps/ 36/ 68
Globe Jumps/ 10/13
Suicide Jumps/ 16/ 20
Push Up Jacks/ 28/ 41
Low Plank Oblique/ 35 each leg/ 45 each leg

The one move I will not miss is Hit The Floor- that darn thing gets my left hamstring every time!! Who would think that something so simple could be so dreaded!!
My favorite move is Push up Jacks: I can't believe that any pushup could be my favorite move but after being primed by Cathe's STS and theP90X and X+ series, I have learned to embrace pushups.

I have lost 1.5 inches off my waist and .75 inches off each thigh. When i started Insanity my skinniest cut size 6 pants would not go over my hips and now those are falling off. I am very pleased with the smaller size, but mostly pleased with the increased cardio capacity. This series ROCKS

Have a great Sunday everybody
Brenda In Indiana

MUD RUN survivor reporting in!!!!!!
Yesterday was the most amazing, awesome, insane, terrifying, exciting day of my fitness life....and pretty high up there on the LIFE list!!!

I was pushed, challenged, and stretched and I did EVERY ONE of the 30 obstacles. I conquered two major lifelong phobias...heights and water and for the 1st time ever in my life I am saying *I am proud of me*!

I am covered head to toe with cuts, scrapes, bruises and my right ankle is doing it's best rainbow impression and is twice it's normal size and I am so proud of every wound! There are my personal badges of honor!

SO...details...
we got to Columbia about an hour before our start time and kept waiting and waiting for our 4th team member to show. We actually started without him! (the maniac caught up to us about halfway through the course though!)
Best part about waiting was watching the 4 ambulances leave carrying off the wounded! :eek:
We lined up, got our start and were off...nice 1/4 mile jog into the woods then all the sudden we were trail running up steep banks and back down then up a really steep hill which I almost pitched over...it was a 6 foot drop down the other side that we had to jump, that's what got my ankle (apparently that was the source of many of the ambulance pick ups...broken ankles!). I did better with my dismount on the next 2. Then 6' concrete walls we had to scale but my friends husband just jerked us up by our arms (he IS strong!)
Then our 1st water obstacle of which I promptly hit the deep part and was submerged to my nose!
More running, more climbing of wood *ladders* up and over, more running
into the water to go over and under giant logs
more logs on the land to hurl yourself over
concrete culverts to climb over and run on
the dreaded switchbacks...straight up, straight down, turn, do it again..and again and again and again and again...1st time down my feet went out from under me and I landed flat on my back (i learned I am not a very graceful person)

Scariest obstacle I thought would be the log run across ditches or the rope swing, but no they added a new one....you had to jump off a cliff (okay, it was really a 12' high man made dirt hill) into a 15' deep man made *swimming* hole and you had to swim across. I thought I was done for, but there is something to be said for big scary Marines screaming at you to jump...I was more scared of them, so I did it!!!! :D
I don't jump into the shallow end of a swimming pool, people, this was HUGE!!!!! I still can't believe I did it!

Lots of fun rope things you had to climb over...I did freeze for a second at the top of one, it was about 15 feet up and I made the mistake of looking down at the top. The girl coming up behind me, reached through and helped me place my foot into a rope and talked me over.

People were amazing! So helpful and encouraging!!!! I didn't hear one mean word from anyone all day!

Most fun were the sniper belly crawls through mud and water underneath cargo nets. I felt like GI Jane!!!!

Lots of slippery red clay hills you had to climb...MUCH harder than it looks!

Finished with a stretcher carry of a teammate across the finish line!

4 showers later I have stopped turning everything I touch red! Gotta love the Carolina red clay! 20 hours later, I am still high on endorphins and adrenaline!!!

I can't wait until next year to do it again!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

I am so much stronger than I knew. Most of the obstacles were more of a mental challenge for me...although, I have found muscles today that I forgot I had! It was truly a life changing day for me. I know that sounds dramatic, but it was.
( i think dh is afraid i might run off to join the military now! ;))

If you ever have a chance to participate in one of these military runs...do it!!!! You won't regret it! (unless you're in one those ambulances :p...saw 7 total!)

Okay, time to go ice the ankle. It's insane what adrenaline and endorphins can do...I felt an initial pain at the moment of impact, but it never bothered me again until I tried to get out of the car when we got home. It is swollen up to my knee and very colorful and I never felt a thing until I took off my tennis shoe and rested! Crazy!

I will catch up with the rest of you and your reports later!!!!!

Becky

Good Morning Y'all!! :eek:

Sorry I've been MIA, but I was in MIA yesterday due to a family medical emergency and of course I skipped my workout. I did MCC & CA today which completes my Insanity rotation except for the FT. I really needed the break yesterday since I was totally on & strong today unlike Thursday & Friday's workouts where I was a bit sluggish. I'm not sure if I will do the FT since I'm already thrilled with my progress as is and I weighed myself at the grocery store this morning and in total have lost 5lbs from this series along with all my other fabulous results !!

I'll be checking in with all of you and know y'all will kick booty!!!! :p This week I'm planning some kettlebells & yoga then I'll start P90X next week. I plan to stick with P90X Classic as is then probably another Insanity rotation afterwards ;)

Becky ~ Thanks again for your book suggestions, I just received the Black Dagger Brotherhood books 1-4 and will start today as my reward for finishing Insanity :D

Have a super day everyone!!

Good morning, Insanitinas!

I too have been MIA; my poor solitary home computer (an HP Pavilion zv5000 fossil circa 2005) is on life support, and we lost our internet connection last Saturday afternoon. Help is on the way, in the form of a good-natured 19-year-old friend of ours who is a computer whizz AND who works at a gizmo shop; he is bringing us a new Sony something-or-other that he highly recommends this afternoon, and he'll set it up for us and we'll give him dinner and a nice check. Right now we've got the fossil hooked up with an ethernet cable so that we can be online. Ain't modern life grand?

Becky, that sounds like a real torturefest! I love it! Brenda, it was fun hooking up with you over on "the other forum"!

This a.m. I did a fun mish-mosh: the Max Interval Plyo warm-up followed by the Pure Cardio warm-up and Pure Cardio drills, followed then by Plyo Cardio Circuit, followed then by Insane Abs (floor only). Once again, a gasping, sweaty mess was I. I had had a really, REALLY challenging pool workout yesterday morning (if I do say so myself, I design bitchin' pool workouts), so my legs felt it a ton this morning. (Not to mention my shoulders and core.)

I so love this series! I'm going to check with my BB Coach and see if there is a way to get a personal thank-you to Shaun directly. People who create things this positive deserve to be thanked.

Have a great day!

A-Jock

Becky: YOU ROCK!!!! What a great day for you, so many personal Mount Everests conquered in 1 race. What a woman1

Brenda

For those of you have done insanity, I will be just be starting, what were your meals like? I excercise early in the am so I was wondering do I eat before? Did you all do the 5 meals per day and did any of you do the recovery drink and does that count as a meal? Any pointers on starting this program is appreciated.

Hello all-

Did MCC today--whew am I sweaty! I do have to say though I do feel like I am getting stronger and better. I am able to go longer without a pause. Gets better every time!

Welcome Roselyn- I am probably not going to be much help. I don't work out in the morning. I can barely drag my lazy behind out of bed and get to work much less face Insanity in the morning. I do eat 5 meals a day but I did not use the recovery drink. Just thought it was too expensive. My pointers would be not to get overwhelmed after the first few workouts. Don't expect that you should be able to do everything the first or even the second time. This is a very intense workout series. Just do the best you can and I promise you will notice that you improve every workout. I have about 20 days left to go in the 2 month rotation and I am very happy with my results from a weight/inches/ and aerobic capacity standpoint.

Brenda- great results! Congratulations! You should treat yourself to a big reward! It is such a great feeling when clothes that have been too tight are now too loose!

Jennifer-5 pounds is fantastic! Congrats to you too! Are you going to reward yourself?

Becky-- AMAZING WOMAN! WAY TO GO!

Taking tomorrow off- see you Tuesday
Marianne

BECKY!!! Your enthusiasm just jumps off the page!! How fantastic for you! What an amazing experience! And yes, you aaaaaaalmost make me want to try something like this. But the bit about the ankle doesn't sound so rewarding. I hope it's not a serious injury. How much will it hurt, once that adrenaline leaves your system?? Do you have pictures of the event to share?

BRENDA!! Congratulations on finishing Insanity!!! And your numbers are impressive!! You had awesome results! How inspiring!!

Today I finished Week 2 of Month 2, with Core Cardio & Balance. I also started STS M3, WK3: Chest/Back. Tomorrow is an Insanity rest day, so I'm going to use my time to rehearse a cardio/strength class that I'll be starting to teach every Wednesday.

Have a great night ya'll!!!!
Sandra

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.