INSANE PARTY Fri Oct 9th

Ffte

Cathlete
Good Morning,

Today was a "play day" for me. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. Then I remembered I have a power tower that I've only used to try pull-ups with, so I decided to try some of my 1RM tests and play with my new tower.

I did the chest and back 1RMs from Meso 3. They came out higher then they were before. :confused: I'm not sure if I completely trust the values but I felt pretty good. :D Now I'm excited to try STS again. I guess I'm taking a page from Brett Favre and I just can't make up my mind on what to do next. ;)

I do like the tower, it makes weight changes go super fast compared to doing it on the floor. My only problem is that the width could have been just a bit wider for me since I like to grab the barbell exactly where the clips that hold the barbell are. Since the barbell I used today is just wider then width of the tower I couldn't try and grab a little further out. Next time I'll try it with my longer barbell. I'm pretty short limbed so you taller folks are probably fine as long as you have a longer barbell.

Regina, STS Cardio will not be all high intensity cardio like Insanity. It sounds like her HIIT workouts will be TRUE HIIT workouts. Insanity was just Interval training with longer intervals and shorter recovery times then what is typical. True HIIT workouts have you working at a Hlevel that is impossible to sustain for more the 30 seconds. I think her Shock cardio will overall be very different from Insanity. I have one of Tony's One on One DVDs (the one that came with the Insanity preview DVD). I have yet to break the seal :eek:

Marrianne, You should be very proud of making it so far without straying from the rotation. I had to extend my rotation by 2-1/2 weeks due to scheduling issues. Missing one scheduled workout is nothing. ;) Yeah, two more workouts!!!!

I will be gone this weekend (yes again), so I'll try and check back in later this afternoon and then be back with y'all on Monday. Everyone have a wonderful day and weekend in case I don't get back.

Dawn- I am glad that you are enjoying your Power Tower. I did STS meso 2/wk 4 legs this morning instead of P90x legs and back. I felt that I needed more of a leg challenge than P90x legs provides. Since finishing Insanity I have not organized or completely planned my cardio routine. I might swim or do kickbox this afternoon.

Marrianne- almost done!! WOW!! What are you post Insanity fitness plans? Let us know how your final fit test goes!!

Enjoy your week end!

Regina

Hey Yall
Today was MIP. That is still hard for me. At the end when Shaun T says, "I know you did better than you did last week" I think "well it's probably a good thing you can 't see me."

Dawn- thanks! I have been trying to coax my husband to putting my tower together for me but looks like I may be on my own. I'll have to cook something he loves this weekend and cross my fingers.

Regina- I can't decide what to do next. I need to get some weights back into my rotation. I may just play around and do some old favorites for a week or so then get serious about planning a rotation. I do want to keep some insanity w/o in my schedule though.

One more workout to go then the final fit test!!
Please send energy and strength thoughts my way!
Marianne

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.