Increasing numbers of child-free by choice people

Kathryn....

I just wanted you to know that you made me smile. We are on opposite ends of the world with our ideas I know but I just wanted you to know I have a smile on my face right now because of you! Believe that?!! LOL!!
Trevor

No problem there....

Luxx. You get your wish sweetheart! This Open Forum bothers ALOT of the charter members. And that's no offense to Cathe at all. I love her to death and therefore I think I will just hang in the "Ask Cathe" area for now on. I hope that makes you happy Luxx.
POOF! I AM GONE!
T.

Mogambo-
I have tried very hard to restrain myself from adding anything to this thread, mostly because anything I could say has already been said, (and also, typical of me, because I worry about whether Cathe has to pay for our use of her website space?), but there is one thing I just have to say: Mogambo (Liane), YOU ARE NEITHER ORDINARY OR UNREMARKABLE!! That much I'm sure of. :D

-Nancy

RE: No problem there....

Oh Trevor, don't disappear just because one person suggested you should! That doesn't sound like you at all. If someone doesn't like your posts (and they should know by now you're going to say what's on your mind!!), they don't have to read them. There's nothing compelling anyone to read any specific poster on here, nor is there anything compelling someone to open a thread and read it. I never read one post on that "Passion" thread, because I knew it would be a ticking time bomb. I wish I had left this one alone as well!!! Maybe SNM in their infinite wisdom (and I mean no sarcasm by this at all!!) will lock this one too. It's high time it died.

Carol
:)

P.S. And yes ... everyone ... I do realize the irony of posting on a thread I wish would just die already, so there's really no need to point it out to me!! Thanks, anyway.

The term Selfish is being bantered around....and it made me think of a book I read by Ayn Rand--Atlas Shrugged...has anyone read it???

Trevor:

I for in, may be in the minority, but think you are right. People who choose not to have children do so for selfish reasons. Raising children is extrememly challenging, and the parents of these children sacrifice a lot and are criticized by many. Most of whom who don't even have children, or those elderly people who had a whole different set of rules back in the day when they were raising their children.

It is, or course, all well worth it, and for a greater good, as they do become tomorrow's future.

Although I would never try to change anyone's mind, or talk them into having children, or even feel it was my right to discuss it with them, I do feel sorry for people who decide not to have children. What a wonderful and new meaning they add to ones--truly unexplainable.

Stacey

Or are very unhappy with their marriage, their job, the fat slob they've become, the financial wreck their life is because they are trying to keep up with the Jones's. Just because they've had children doesn't mean that's why they are unhappy or complaining. Give me a break.

About those illegals...most of them are having 4,6,8 children. How long before the illegals outnumber U.S. citizens? Is anyone else concerned about this? The people in our society who are educated, well-off, and should be becoming "good parents" are not having children at all or are having fewer than 2 children.

Stacey,
Don't understand where you're coming from--I'm one of the ones who's often told I should have kids, but I don't want them. I would consider adopting an older child, though.

Why in the world should I have a baby I don't want over adopting an older child who's already here, unlucky enough to either have no family or to be unwanted, and didn't ask to be born in the first place? Doesn't that child have the right to a happy life more that the unused eggs I harbor?
Maribeth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.