Incorporating P90x into other routines?

sparrow

Cathlete
Hey All:

So I'm having this addiction to P90x problem!! I want to move onto to other things, just to break it up, but I feel like if I move off of P90x I will lose my gains! Has anyone had luck incorporating P90x into other rotations?

TIA!

Sparrow

My garden is filled with papayas and mangos
My life is a mixture of reggaes and tangos
Taste for the good life, I can live it no other way
- Jimmy Buffett

I'll keep bumping for you Sparrow...
My P90X arrives Tuesday, New Amy Bento on Thurs, New Ripped on Fri, and New Cathe's in another week or so.... I am so jazzed to start P90X (mainly upper work) but I also want my cardio to be my new stuff.

Hi Sparrow...I mix up P90X with other workouts. I will still do basically a P90X Classics rotation but for the 1st 3 weeks use the GS workouts, then the recovery week and for week 5,6,7 use P90X, then another recovery, then week 9 & 11 GS, then week 10 & 12 P90X. I like the stlye of the P90X rotations, and have found you can sub or mix it up with alot of Cathes workouts and still keep your gains...:)...I hope this makes sense....

wow carole your pictures are inspiring. i am trying to slim down and tone up. what does a typical week of diet an exercise look like to get this cut? trish

Thanks Trish....this avatar was taken after 2 P90X rotations, so for me heavy weights and a VERY clean diet were what worked for me to slim down and get cut. I also follow a Vegan/Vegetarian diet. My diet consists of alot of fruit and veggies and mainly tofu, seitan, tempeh and various beans for my main proteins....:)

i finished the classic rotation and then was sick for 2 weeks. i still was able to do all those pushups afterwards and haven't had to decrease in weight and increase in waist. the third week i did cathe's gymstyle to start off since her upper is not as hard.
so i guess that meens do p90x rotation then cathe rotation or just 2 weeks,recovery, and start over.

laura

thanks for answering back i have tried becoming a vegan in the past. it was hard because everyone in the house still eats meat. i also had a lot of gas. i don't like to cook either. the clean eating thing has been a real challange for me and i don't know where to start.

thanks to you carole i had to order the p90x. it's all your fault at least that is the story for dh. i will be happy if i get half the results that i see in your picture. i have been trying to lose the same 10 pounds and tone up for way too long. trish

>thanks to you carole i had to order the p90x. it's all your
>fault at least that is the story for dh. i will be happy if i
>get half the results that i see in your picture. i have been
>trying to lose the same 10 pounds and tone up for way too
>long. trish

So I am the enabler??....:)...at least P90X is now alot cheaper then when I bought it!! And your DH might like doing it too as the upper body lifting is geared towards men (IMO). Going vegan can be tough, but my DH went along willingly and it is just us to cook for. You are right though as there is alot of cooking and I don't mind. I try to cook ahead on the weekends and freeze it for the week. I had a bit more gas when I started but it soon went away...I hope you do well with P90X and let me know how it goes...:)

Hi Sparrow! I too have the P90X addiction! lol What I generally do is on my recovery week, I'll take out circuit workouts from Amy Bento, Cathe & do "other instructors" cardios as well as do Core Synergistics & do more yoga. HTH, Kathy:D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.