in tears over scratched dvd

bigsisjuju

Hi Cathe,

I sit here almost in tears do to my HIS/LIS dvd has been scrated by my puppy. (KB/BC was in player),We got home from church this morning to find my dvd case on the floor chewed on the corner. It appeared that the disc was fine, but when I put it in the player the warm-up pixels and freezes and then skips a few seconds and does it again untill the whole warm-up combination is put together. I am so upset do to this was my favorite warm-up so far!! I would like to know if there is anyway I could buy just that disc. I preordered these early on and have been looking forward to doing them and now before I can even get started it is scrated. I'm not sure if any other part of the disc is messed up as I was to upset to watch the rest just yet. My loving husband said just to buy a new set as the case is messed up too, untill I told him how much they are now that the preorder offer is not there. I am truely heart broken as I had planned to do this one in the morning. I understand if there is no way to buy only the one but if there is anyway to make it happen I would be ever so greatfull!!!!!!!
Thank you for any understanding you may have. I have left dvd cases on the side table MANY times and Sophie has never touched one before, that is why this was such a supprise and disappointment.
Thank you again for the great workouts,
Julie
P.S.- If you wish to reply directly, you can e-mail me at [email protected].

Have you tried having the disc cleaned first? I know several places around my house that will do it for you (using a machine) if the scratches are not too bad. The manager at Hollywood Video removed the large number of scratches off a movie I own for free (I think they usually charge at places). Also, some of the at home kits may work, but they have yet to do much for me.

I am sorry to hear about your DVD. :(

Thank you for the sugestion, I will see if our local Blockbuster will do it as I has gotten to know the manager.
thanks again,
Julie

Julie,

I purchased a repair kit at Target for $12 and it fixed some pretty big scratches in my son's video game. It's worth a try:)

Nicole

Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going.

070209_10019023368.gif
[/url]

You can get a scratch repair kit at any Best Buy or Game Stop for about $12. We have repaired many, many dvds and video games that were scratched by our kids, and the discs work fine now.

You can get a scratch repair kit at any Best Buy or Game Stop for about $12. We have repaired many, many dvds and video games that were scratched by our kids, and the discs work fine now.

If you do decide to buy again Advanced Workouts are offering a special price of $71.95 plus free postage. I am kicking myself for not waiting to buy them here as I have just coughed up £5 import tax and £11 charge from UPS for administering the import tax (I am in the UK) - that's about another $32 on top of the presale price :( .

Ruth

If you haven't heard from customer support, I'd send them an email directly and see what they say.

April

Julie - The exact same thing happened to me! My lab chewed my box open, chewed the DVD case and then the DVD with LIS. The other DVD was left intact. The lIS has her teeth marks in it. All but the warmup of LIS plays. I ordered new ones, but they have not been shipped yet. I am having them and any other DVDs I may order in the future delivered to work from now on x(

I am really sorry for you and I definitely feel your pain!!!

Linda

Linda - I have a Lab as well, funny. Thank you everyone for the advice. I did get one of those repair kits and it now works on all of my dvd players EXCEPT the one in the living room were I workout. Thankfully the one in our bedroom is small enought that I can bring it into the living room and plug it into the front of the TV and play it like that. I don't understand why it won't play in the living room as this is our best and newest player, well at least I can play it now.
Thanks again to all who responded,
Julie

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.