Imax on DVD - skips @ Interval 6

mojolisa

Cathlete
My DVD skips really badly on Imax right at the end of Interval 5, through the break, and into Interval 6. This really disrupts the flow of the routine. Does this happen to anyone else? I tried cleaning the DVD, but this didn't help. Is this the place for the layers on the DVD? Any other ideas?

Lisa

I don't have that DVD anymore, so I can't check and see if that's where it changes to the next layer, but usually layer changes aren't "skips" as much as slight pauses or little shudders. I know for sure that the layer change happens in Muscular Endurance right when Cathe gets up to put the medecin ball away after doing chest squeezes. I you have that DVD, you could check and see what your player does at that point, to decide whether or not the problem you're having is due to the layer change. If it is, I think there's probably a problem with your player. I'm not sure if cleaning the player (rather than the disk) might help. There are CD player cleaning kits available (usually a CD with a little brush built in to clean the lens) and they should also work on DVD players.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.