Imax 4

I get it, but keep on going!

I feel the same when I get on the treadmill. I used to start it at 7.5 for the warm up, the bumped it up to 7.6 after 6 minutes, then went up from there.

Now, I start it at 6.0 and most of the time I stay right there. (I used to feel sorry for people who had that setting...)

But I am still proud that I am getting out there at all! I won't give up, even if I have to slow down!

I did have to modify some of the blasts. Like blast #1, my feet just will not do that squat on step and off step. Don't know why, even to this day, I still cannot do power turning squats on the step. I also modified the #2 blast only because I wanted to try if on the floor first, then on the second round, I used just the platform and it went pretty well. I also did not do the heel clicks. Instead, I just used 3lb dumbbells and just kept doing the knee lift straddle, just like in her Low Impact Sweat from ICE. Finally the last blast, I didn't do the burpee, I did a plyo jack. I had sweat dripping off my nose by combo 6 or 7, lost track.
Good modifications for those blasts, firemedic ! I am exactly the same, I cannot do the power turning squats
on step, I simply stay to the same side and squat. She usually always does it again, so the next thing I do the
squat the other direction......I knew when I saw the clip of the heel clicks, that wasn't something I wanted to
do...so I will be doing the same as you mentioned, like in Low Impact Sweat, knee lift straddle. I won't do the
burpee either :( unless I do the modification that I learned in a Firm workout, squatting down, step one leg
back and in and stand. I am ok on all the combos, but some of these blasts I need to modify for me :)

Good modifications for those blasts, firemedic ! I am exactly the same, I cannot do the power turning squats
on step, I simply stay to the same side and squat. She usually always does it again, so the next thing I do the
squat the other direction......I knew when I saw the clip of the heel clicks, that wasn't something I wanted to
do...so I will be doing the same as you mentioned, like in Low Impact Sweat, knee lift straddle. I won't do the
burpee either :( unless I do the modification that I learned in a Firm workout, squatting down, step one leg
back and in and stand. I am ok on all the combos, but some of these blasts I need to modify for me :)
I did like all the combos, they were fun and very doable. I can do all the blasts but not all on the step. I'm just not as coordinated as I use to be and don't want to hurt myself. So I usually just do it on the floor or platform and maybe add a weight if I need it to be harder.

I did IMAX4 today. It wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I didn't do the burpees either - I substituted Jumping Jacks. I never caught on to the peg leg so I'll have to practice those. I stumbled a bit but this is one I will keep doing until I get it all:)
I have done the Step Sync Intermediate 3 times but have not attempted Step Sync yet, lol!

I did Imax 4! I had to modify Step Blast 10! I had to modify it with jumping jacks instead of going down on the floor. Also, the clicking of the heels on the other Step Blast, I modified it by straddling the step up and down on different feet. Instead of jumping on the step, I did a modified jump and not doing a knee lift, if that makes any sense. The chorography was doable, I had to look for a second on some of the Combos, but it felt like I knew enough!

Imax 3, will always be my challenge, that is my mountain! It is like 11+ If you want a really big challenge try it!

Jen Den
I had to modify the 10th set too because the blast is not all low impact. I watched and saw a frame and all of them are lifting off the step and their feet are not maintaining contact with the step. They are airborne. I prefer Low Max and Low Impact Challenge and All Out Low impact step to this one. But I still love Imax 4 and will definitely get use out of it. I like the option of the 10 step routines without the blasts.

I watched PHA 3 and am anxious to try it. I am going to use the topper from my high step instead of putting my large riser off and on. I am really scared of this one. Brenda is soaked in the workout so I know it will challenge me in a good way.

I love love love the ab stackers. Cathe is so innovative!

I love all of Step Boss. I am traveling right now and can't workout until Monday.

I am going to have a PHA week where I do each PHA every other day and cardio the other days.

Now if Cedie would come back even if for one workout I would do the Happy Dance! I miss her so much!

for the longest time IMAX 3 was one of my favorite Cathe workouts, but as I get older IMAX 3 gets so much harder to do. I think the next time I do it, I may have to remove the risers. I did IMAX 4 on an 8 inch step and surprised myself. Granted I had to slow down the video several times to catch the footwork so I cheated, but I think this workout will be one I will reach for often.

I did this one the third time today and the choreo is definitely almost there. I may stick to the platform only because I am getting a great workout without more risers. And I am no youngster. I guess what pleases me most is that I started with Cathe’s step ages ago and gave it up even though it used to be my favorite cardio because of knee issues. But with a new knee and low impact this feels fun again.

Loving Imax4! I don't know the choreo perfectly by any stretch, but I start the Hardcore & Step Boss rotation tomorrow, so by the end of January . . .

I did the mish mosh mixed premix today. It does the 1st 5 combos in a row. Then the 1st 5 blasts in a row. Then the same way for the last 5. I love mixing things up :) I didn't do the chair stretch in the premix. Just did the regular stretch due to lack of time.

I did IMax 4 for the first time a couple of days ago and loved it. I only use the step platform too. There were a couple of combos that stumped me but the combo with the sweep around I actually got which surprised me. The squat thrusts at the end were brutal though. I had to pause the DVD after that and walk around a bit before I could even do the cool down.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.