Imax 4

MMarshall

Cathlete
I can't believe I actually got through Imax4. It was fun and the pace was perfect for me. I was surprisingly sweaty at the end and I look forward to doing this workout again. I think it was Combo 6, that my lack of coordination got the best of me. That peg leg totally through me off. I really like that the impact was low, but I felt challenged. My goal is too be as graceful as Cathe on the step. :)

I'm a bit uncoordinated as well so I'm glad to hear that you got through it and enjoyed it! I watched the trailer to see which one I would start with. The Step Sync scared me a bit and I thought about doing the bonus slow start on that one but will do Imax 4 to start, then PHA, then I'll try Step Sync is slow mo.....I'm going to do this one Tuesday. Tomorrow I start my STS rotation:)
Thanks for posting this MMarshall;)

I used just the platform on this and felt challenged, but I will add risers as soon as I feel confident about the mini-routines. I couldn't do the heel clicks with my hands on the platform alone, so I just did burpees off the step.

I did this today plus the abs. I used just the platform and it was perfect for me. I liked the blasts and will try doing them with risers. The ab workout was good. Much easier for me than the other one. I can't wait to do this one again.

I am going to this tonight. I was feeling really really down about using just the platform but reading you are using only the platform made my day!

My days of 8 to 6 inches are gone because of aging. Facing aging for an athletic person sucks. It really does. I never dreamed the day would come when I would be using just a platform.

I will up the riser to 6 in (maybe) as I adapt to the steps.

I am going to this tonight. I was feeling really really down about using just the platform but reading you are using only the platform made my day!

My days of 8 to 6 inches are gone because of aging. Facing aging for an athletic person sucks. It really does. I never dreamed the day would come when I would be using just a platform.

I will up the riser to 6 in (maybe) as I adapt to the steps.

You are definitely not alone in using just the platform. I only use the platform for all step workouts. At one point because of back and ankle issues I thought I'd never be able to do step workouts ever again. I also have to limit step workouts to once or twice a week, alternating with weights and walking and other more joint-friendly workouts. I decided that these were worthwhile tradeoffs in order to be able to do my beloved step workouts again.

Enjoy IMAX4 with no risers! I did! ;)

I did Imax 4! I had to modify Step Blast 10! I had to modify it with jumping jacks instead of going down on the floor. Also, the clicking of the heels on the other Step Blast, I modified it by straddling the step up and down on different feet. Instead of jumping on the step, I did a modified jump and not doing a knee lift, if that makes any sense. The chorography was doable, I had to look for a second on some of the Combos, but it felt like I knew enough!

Imax 3, will always be my challenge, that is my mountain! It is like 11+ If you want a really big challenge try it!

Jen Den

Attachments

• hc_imax_3_cvr.jpg
    hc_imax_3_cvr.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 0
I did Imax 4! I had to modify Step Blast 10! I had to modify it with jumping jacks instead of going down on the floor. Also, the clicking of the heels on the other Step Blast, I modified it by straddling the step up and down on different feet. Instead of jumping on the step, I did a modified jump and not doing a knee lift, if that makes any sense. The chorography was doable, I had to look for a second on some of the Combos, but it felt like I knew enough!

Imax 3, will always be my challenge, that is my mountain! It is like 11+ If you want a really big challenge try it!

Jen Den
Thank you! Good pointers!

I just finished this workout with the bonus abs on the step. The step combos were all doable with easy to remember steps so I didn't get confused on any of that but I did have to modify some of the blasts. Like blast #1, my feet just will not do that squat on step and off step. Don't know why, even to this day, I still cannot do power turning squats on the step. I also modified the #2 blast only because I wanted to try if on the floor first, then on the second round, I used just the platform and it went pretty well. I also did not do the heel clicks. Instead, I just used 3lb dumbbells and just kept doing the knee lift straddle, just like in her Low Impact Sweat from ICE. Finally the last blast, I didn't do the burpee, I did a plyo jack. I had sweat dripping off my nose by combo 6 or 7, lost track. The abs were great. I don't know which one I like better, loved them both. I might make a blender of the 2 abs together, something for me to think about. Great job Cathe!!!

I just finished this workout with the bonus abs on the step. The step combos were all doable with easy to remember steps so I didn't get confused on any of that but I did have to modify some of the blasts. Like blast #1, my feet just will not do that squat on step and off step. Don't know why, even to this day, I still cannot do power turning squats on the step. I also modified the #2 blast only because I wanted to try if on the floor first, then on the second round, I used just the platform and it went pretty well. I also did not do the heel clicks. Instead, I just used 3lb dumbbells and just kept doing the knee lift straddle, just like in her Low Impact Sweat from ICE. Finally the last blast, I didn't do the burpee, I did a plyo jack. I had sweat dripping off my nose by combo 6 or 7, lost track. The abs were great. I don't know which one I like better, loved them both. I might make a blender of the 2 abs together, something for me to think about. Great job Cathe!!!
Thanks, firemedic, for your review on IMAX4. I was going to do it yesterday, but changed at the last minute to Kick, Punch and Crunch. I've been a little hesitant because it's hard for me to pick up on some of the step moves. I'm thinking of doing it tomorrow.:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.