IMAX 3

michefit

Cathlete
I already have Hardcore Extreme - but I thought I would like to have the actual Imax 3 to do the blast only premix as a HIIT type workout. Has anyone done this workout and is it worth it to purchase for this reason? I also thought it would be a good cardio complement to STS. Would love to hear opinions!

Hi! I LOVE Imax 3. Here is a favorite workout that I put together. Do you have Butts & Gutts?? Here is the workout:

It's a leg/plyo workout...

What you do is superset Db leg press + Db walking lunges THEN you put in the Imax 3 blast. You run through the sequence until all blasts are completed. Then at the very end, you do 3-4 sets of Db/barbell deadlifts from Butts & Gutts. So it looks like this

Step up + walking lunge + blast #1
Step up + walking lunge + blast #2
Step up + walking lunge + blast #3
until the end, then 3-4 sets Db deadlifts

This is such a great workout. It works both your legs & your fat burning!! :p

Kristen

I've been piecing together IMAX 3 from HE, but DH got it for me for my birthday last Saturday, so no more flipping through the menu for me. I got sick last week though and haven't been up to doing it. Hopefully, by this weekend I'll be up for it. I'm also looking forward to being able to use the premix options.

I'd say definitely go for it!

Hi! I LOVE Imax 3. Here is a favorite workout that I put together. Do you have Butts & Gutts?? Here is the workout:

It's a leg/plyo workout...

What you do is superset Db leg press + Db walking lunges THEN you put in the Imax 3 blast. You run through the sequence until all blasts are completed. Then at the very end, you do 3-4 sets of Db/barbell deadlifts from Butts & Gutts. So it looks like this

Step up + walking lunge + blast #1
Step up + walking lunge + blast #2
Step up + walking lunge + blast #3
until the end, then 3-4 sets Db deadlifts

This is such a great workout. It works both your legs & your fat burning!! :p

Kristen

'scuse me?!?!? Good lord, woman. I think when you said "until the end", you really meant THE END, because this would kill me:p That being said, I may have to give it a try, it actually looks like fun. (Must be loosing my mind)

Nan

Hey! It truly is a great workout. I do the same with Imax 2. Actually, I take Cathe's workouts and make my own out of them. I have one big TV for the DVD and then I have two little DVD players that I put on top so I have learned how to make workouts using three (and more) of Cathe's workouts at once. I have really cool ones...especially combining Drill Max, Butts&Gutts, LIC, and BM2!!

Kristen

I read the original post last night and it made me curious to see what the blasts were like. I've already told my checkin group about this, but.... I've never mastered imax 3 -- the step combinations with the blasts have always just seemed too hard. Well, in viewing the blast only premix last night, I realized it had no warmup, so I started looking at the whole thing to see if I could do a couple of the combos with blasts as a sort of warmup to the blast only premix. I liked most of the latter combos and blasts, so I decided to put together two premixes: the 6-10 step/blast combo and then the blast only combo tacked on after that. What a great, fun workout! I had to pause a couple of times during the blast only portion, but I made it! Try it sometime -- I may try low max this way sometime, too.

-Beth

Kristen,
Thanks for the great workout idea - the blast only is "only" 25 minutes long - so that sounds like a great add on to make the workout last longer and get the legs really well for a more endurance power workout. I love BM2 power circuits and often do just this part of the workout with the warm-up and go heavier. How many step-ups or leg presses and walking lunges do you each time?

I do this workouts with Butts & Gutts. But if you don't have the ability to use more than one DVD at a time, I recommend two sets of stwp-ups (15 per leg) + walking lunges (2 times) there & back across the room. Do this combo between each of the blasts. It will give you a really good burn!! :eek:

I was wondering if you could just leave imax 3 playing, and do the leg work while she's doing the step combo -- Kathryn, is that what you do? I may try it sometime!

-Beth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.