Imax 2

britgirl

Cathlete
I am new to Imax 2 and it is awesome!!! How high is everybody setting their step for this workout? I am using 6 inch while I learn all the combos and it is killer!!! Thanks!! Teresa

I started with 6 and bumped to 8 after getting accostomed to the workout and also so I would challenge myself further. When you are really looking for a challenge, try the blast only premix! It rocks :)

"You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is." -- Ellen DeGeneres

Debbie

I also started with 6", then raised it to 8" after I 'got it' and I felt I was ready.

Don't be afraid to even take it down to 4" if you need to at first.

I am 5'6", and a 6 inch step works fine, a higher step would not be nice to my knees, so you may want to consider your own size and how that works with your step as well.

I use a six inch step - I am 5'4". I don't think that I will ever go to an eight inch. There are some toe taps that I would probably fall on my face if I raised my step to an eight inch height.

Monica

Well that explains it!!! I am 5' even and have been using 8" and my knee's have been killing me! I lowered it one level and it is much better! I never thought to consider my own height.
:)Gotta Love Imax 2.

I do the first 5 intervals on 8". I switch to 6" for intervals 6 and 7 then back to 8" for the rest of the workout. I'm a lot lighter on my feet doing straddle taps on 6"s, same with jumping on the step in #7. The recovery is long enough that switching the step doesn't impede the flow of the workout for me. I'm 5'8".

Take Care
Laurie:)

It depends on how I feel and what I'm doing. I often do 8, but if I'm doing it along with leg work (like on the weekend when I have more time) then I do 6.

Jo

I am learning the combos at 4" right now, but soon hope to take it up to 6".

Heck, it took me 4 months to be able to do Low Max at 6" for the entire thing! I was doing it at 4" for the longest time!!!

I generally use 8", but I'll modify the exercises or lower the step to 6" for some of the more difficult intervals.

Teresa,

I do 6", but I've only done it a couple of times. I plan to use 8" when I'm more familiar with the workout.

Janie

"If you can't say anything nice about someone, then don't say anything at all."
-My mother, Mary Cooper-

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.