IMAX 1 with 2 risers!!!

dr.mel_PT

Cathlete
I'm so psyched! I just completed IMAX with 2 risers instead of my usual 1! This is so awesome lol. Now on to trying to tackle this feat with IMAX 2....

Congrats on your progress.
I know it's only 2", but that often seems like a r-e-a-l-l-y tall 2", doesn't it? LOL!

Congrats on your progress.
I know it's only 2", but that often seems like a r-e-a-l-l-y tall 2", doesn't it? LOL!

Haha, it really does! Esp on the jumps with both feet! I kept telling myself "1 more segment, 1 more segment" and it lasted the entire 55 min.

I noticed Rhonda using 2 riser sin IMAX the last time I did it - thought she was CRAZY!!! Maybe i'll give it a try when Imax 3 comes up on WEd :eek:

Good for you!
I just did Imax for the first time today. I also did it with two risers. It was TUFF! But I did it! woo hoo! Doesn't Cathe just use one riser in Imax 2 & 3? I think she does... I think one riser is OK, too! ;)

What a coincidence, I did Imax today also and used 2 risers for the first time EVER also!! I haven't done this workout in a looooooong time but it came up in the STS rotation so I dusted it off and had a blast! I forgot how much I enjoy this workout. I believe this was the first time I had enough energy for every single move on every single interval..... I'm gonna thank Insanity for building up my cardio endurance and ability to do all those tuck jumps.

Brenda in Indiana

I usually do Imax with 2 risers. I don't think I would attempt Imax 3 with 2 risers though. Too much jumping :eek:

I did IMAX 3 today & I started out with the 2 risers & realized :eek: WOW!!! So I did 2 intervals with 2 risers then dropped back down to 1 for one interval for the entire wo. I'll have to work up to the entire thing with 2 risers. A whole lot more burn going on!!!
Thanks for the idea....I think. ;)

Well ladies, last night I completed IMAX 2 with TWO risers!!! Wooohooo!!

Granted I had to pause 2x for a few seconds and catch my breath with all the jumping. I also thought my legs were going to give out at the end on those jump squats. But I made it!!!!

I'm not even attempting IMAX 3 w 2 risers yet: still have to concentrate on finishing that one all the way through without pausing!

Just remember to be kind to your knees that may not think your two risers are as cool as you do! lol!

My knees have other plans...

Congrats to all of you who are able to increase the height of your steps for a tougher workout. I used to do that also, especially when I belonged to a gym (many moons ago). Now that I have older joints, if I raise it to more than 1 riser, my knees suffer!!

Anyone else have this limitation? I would love to be able to increase intensity, but I guess I'll keep it low to save my knees for further wo's!!!

Doreen

Hey, Beavs--we were on the same wavelength at the same time...

Just remember to be kind to your knees that may not think your two risers are as cool as you do! lol!

You are absolutely right there!! I try not to put to many step workouts in 1 week with 2 risers! I do notice that Rhonda always seems to use 2 even when Cathe & the rest of the crew only have 1.

You are absolutely right there!! I try not to put to many step workouts in 1 week with 2 risers! I do notice that Rhonda always seems to use 2 even when Cathe & the rest of the crew only have 1.
Rhonda is taller than they are (Cathe and the others are all around 5'2", while Rhonda is around 5'6").

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.