I'm in!!!

Kathy G

Cathlete
I have been trying to get into the New York City Marathon for the last three years (this was my fourth year and guaranteed!) I just got this email today:

"Dear Kathy G,

You have received guaranteed entry to the ING New York City Marathon 2011."

YaaaHOO! I'm finally in! :) I live in NJ so me and DH will probably take the train in and make a weekend out of it. I can't wait! :D

Kathy G
(thanks for letting me share my excitement!)

I have been trying to get into the New York City Marathon for the last three years (this was my fourth year and guaranteed!) I just got this email today:

"Dear Kathy G,

You have received guaranteed entry to the ING New York City Marathon 2011."

YaaaHOO! I'm finally in! :) I live in NJ so me and DH will probably take the train in and make a weekend out of it. I can't wait! :D

Kathy G
(thanks for letting me share my excitement!)

Congratulations and happy training!!!

Your post made me think of a friend of mine who ate at an Ethiopian restaurant the night before he ran NYC and said he spent a lot of time in the porta potties along they way!

Congratulations and happy training!!!

Your post made me think of a friend of mine who ate at an Ethiopian restaurant the night before he ran NYC and said he spent a lot of time in the porta potties along they way!

OMG, your poor friend! :eek:
The longest race I ever ran was 18 miles and it was that time of the month for me and I had such "issues" because of it. I must've stopped at 4 porta potties along the way! I was miserable so I feel for your friend! :(

Congrats to you! I ran the NYC marathon a few years ago. It was a blast! You should have a great time!

Thank you Wendy, Elaine, Belinda, & Regina! :)

LOL, too funny about your friend. I've also made a similar mistake! During one marathon I decided to have seafood the night before the race. It was a "two looper" marathon and I was running with a pace group. Needless to say the first loop I was nauseated and the second loop I told the pacer who was sticking with me to go on without me because I was slowing him down! (I spent many minutes in the port-john's along the second loop). You can bet I've never made that mistake again! I now stick to the normal pre-race menu, lol. :D

Kathy G

Congrats, that's awesome. NYC Marathon is so much fun...the atmosphere is amazing. Have fun and good luck!!

Tell ya what, Kathy....if MY number doesn't get picked....I'm coming to cheer you ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

They don't just let you enter? How come that Chilean miner could get in so easily? Doesn't seem fair.

They have a due date for entry (usually the first part of April?) Everybody pays $11 to enter the lottery. I think they have about 40,000 spots and about 100,000 entries every year. You have a 1 in 3 chance of getting picked because of all the pre-qualified entrants. If you enter 3 years in a row and don't get chosen, you are automatically pre-qualified for entry on the 4th year (which is how I got in). Oh, and yeah....I think they keep a few spots open for famous people. :D

Thanks Jane, Jenn, Sandra, and Gayle! I hope you get in as well Gayle! :)

Kathy G

Kathy G.- you are a super duper ROCK STAR, girl!!!!!! Congratulations!! We will all be cheering from you!! I don't know you, but I'm sooo proud!

Make us all proud, girl! We know you will!

Pam

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.