I'm embarrassed to ask this

Hi, my name is Tanya,....and I AM a sweater!

I am a super sweater! Adding the aweful condition of HYPERHYDROSIS on top of it! I drip buckets of sweat during my workout. And manage to smear the ink on anything I touch when I'm not working out. Ugh... I personally, wish I could keep the sweating to working out only. But, I had to chime in...

Tanya in Texas!

Another "sweater" here! Not only when I workout either. I got up from the hair dressers chair on Tuesday, and OMG, I was so embarrassed. Granted she used a hair dryer and a straightening iron but the back of the chair was all wet and I could have used a towel to sop me up. Maybe it's age related. I don't remember having this problem in my 20's and 30's.

I sweat like crazy when I work out - you're definitely not alone! I haven't read any of the other responses yet, so I apologize if this has already been stated, but I've heard that the more fit you are, the more you sweat during a workout because your body knows what's in store and works harder to cool itself. Or something like that. :p I like that theory, because then I can tell myself I'm REALLY fit. ;)

The more fit I became the more I would sweat. I love my sweat! I never use to sweat. Just think of all the toxins that are coming out in your sweat.

Just think of the wettness as a badge of accomplishment. I like being at the gym and being totally sweaty. It makes me feel superior to everyone that I worked harder ;)

Count me in as well - I am currently taking some tennis lessons/classes and a gf and we are always joking about how sweaty we are and no one else in the class seems to be. We dress like a home workout now - with hair up or pulled back and ready to get in a workout.

No cute just off the court looks for me... haha... we dash out the door and too our cars... :)

Laura--I can't believe you get night sweats too! I get them horribly--they've plagued me for years. I always wake up around 2am drenched. It's a freakin' nightmare. I HATE it.

I thought I was so weird because of this--it's so nice to hear you've suffered from the same thing too!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

Count me in too...

I always thought it a bit alarming, but now that I've learned the theory that buckets=superfit I'll be proud of my overactive sweat glands.

I too will be at the July RT....I'll be looking for my fellow puddle makers. ;-)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.