I'm criticized for wanting to be healthy - Please help!

I don't think you can ever get away from situations like the one you're in. I just try to say "no thanks" and if I'm pushed, I reply that my body just can't handle that kind of food--which happens to be the absolute truth! If someone is particularly pushy, I'll say that I've worked too hard to ruin it. Sometimes it gets easier after a while because you get a "reputation" for not eating junk. But I've had even very good friends try to push stuff on me. Just stay firm and nice (through clenched teeth) and remember how hard you've worked and how good you feel.

Good Luck!

Carol F

Some of these posts are cracking me up!:7 There's a woman where I work, who is obese, diabetic, with heart problems, you name it (a nurse if you can believe it). Anyway, she always brings in burgers and hot dogs to grill along with donuts, cookies, ice cream and bags of chips, etc... She does this just about Saturday. Nobody really wants all that food anymore. She expects everyone to grill and set out the food, but lately people haven't really gone out of there way to accomodate her. To say the least she gets very vocal about it and rolls her eyes at people who don't want to grill or eat the food. (mainly women. The men will eat anything!) Nobody says anything to her. I think they are afraid she'll bite their heads off, because she is so aggressive. I kind of laugh and don't get involved. I bring my own meals from home and ignore the comments and go about my merry way. People like her just don't get it.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.